Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I knowwww...

last thing I know, KKK went to Malaysia Open final. Is he doing alright? :D

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    those player that they likey will get selected for sure
    and for those who not anyone favorite and no back ground,please wait and wait.
    thank you

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hendy is smart, low profile, quiet, collect the loot and buy time to hunt for another job than to quit and no place to go;)

As for the 'gang', I would disagree with you as I think they are 'very brilliant' to be allowed to continue to milk the cash cow despite being unqualified for the jobs, incompetent, no results to show for except that Malaysian badminton to go downhill, faster than LCW's Ferrari, with them running it. Guess what, more sponsors coming up throwing more millions into this scheme....and the fact they are still alowed to keep screwing up, wasting tons of money, tells me that they are very brilliant and very politically connected. If Rexy makes $180K a year, what is NCC, KG, Nadzmi, Bata James make? The rakyat will be shocked to find out....shhhhh;)

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe,they can be cow keeper for NFC for how the milk the cash!

5. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    reading YYS confession and BAM's moo-ing their counter attacks... only idiots will see that BAM is setting the record straight... BAM only knows to go haywire, how to go straight? Cannot la... migraine with all this ridiculous stupidity with BAM. :mad:

6. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Friday May 18, 2012
    BAM insist money a key reason for Yoo’s resignation

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are adamant that South Korean coach Yoo Yong-sung resigned over money matters, among other things.
    BAM insisted, in a press release yesterday, that besides exploring Yong-sung’s role and position in the team, they had also discussed a higher salary in a series of meetings.
    On Wednesday, Yong-sung lambasted BAM for saying that he had resigned because his request for more money was turned down. The two-time Olympic silver medallists said he had quit because he was unhappy with BAM for not putting him in charge of a fixed group of players and not over salary issues.
    Yesterday, BAM general manager Kenny Goh came to the association’s defence, setting out the chronology of events that led to Yong-sung’s resignation.
    “There was no vacancy in BAM when Yong-sung approached us for a coaching job last October.
    “We learnt that he planned to send his children to study in Malaysia,” said Kenny.
    “With his credentials as a player, we thought it would be good to try him out as a coach in our set-up. We even assisted him in enrolling his children in an international school in Kuala Lumpur.”
    Kenny said Yong-sung was offered a coaching post from November 2011, with a six-month probation, after several discussions. It is learnt that his salary was US$3,000 per month.
    “He was to coach the men’s doubles under chief coach Tan Kim Her, with a plan to help the juniors. He was also asked to improve on his English so that he could communicate better with the players,” said Kenny.
    “He’s still not fluent in English. In fact, he may not have understood some of the things we said and we may not have understood him.”
    Kenny said Yong-sung first met BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai and him in March to air his grouses.
    “He requested for a higher salary and to have fixed players to train. Kim Her then met up with the doubles coaches, including Yong-sung, and decided to assign players to each coach,” said Kenny.
    “On April 24, we met Yong-sung and he again repeated his requests. He wanted three times his present salary.
    “We told him we would have to bring it up at the exco meeting on April 27.”
    At that time he was working with three pairs – Mak Hee Chun-Teo Kok Siang, Chooi Kah Ming-Ow Yao Han and Tan Wee Tat-Sant Enos.
    Kenny said that when the BAM exco decided to confirm him, after the six-month probation, without any increment, the Korean resigned.
    “We have followed the proper procedure. We are sure that Yong-sung has the quality to be a good coach and his six-month stint with the BAM has indeed helped our players. We want to thank him for his contribution and services,” said Kenny.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/5/18/sports/11313717&sec=sports

as usual BAM and our government working style is the same, never admit their mistakes and will hit back
    and accuse back:rolleyes:

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I am confused. :eek::eek::eek:

It was thought that YYS was brought in by BAM to help KKK/TBH at the coming 2012 Olympic Games.

Now, I have found that it's not. :(:(:(

8. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

Is Yoo that came and asked for a job from BAM...wow.....

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Limsy, pls confirm. You have lots of insider info right? lol. ;)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    do anyone here believe bam excuses?
    anyone?

11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

That is MALAYSIA. Maybe BAM should handled by all ex-players who used to serve MAS in badminton event? because only experienced players knows what is the best for newbies.

Nadzmi should be replaced with Misbun..... :p :p :p

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    gomo kelante,i too anok kelante!(for mod:it mean i am also from kelantan)haha

anyway,it wasn't posible under current circumstance

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    That is why I said this Yoo chap is not smart, in Bolehland he has to learn to play yes-man, if he plays no-man, that does not cut it, so he has a short career. Maybe we can forgive him since he does not know MAS culture well, we line our pockets first before even remotely thinking of doing what's good for the country. Kennedy said 'ask not what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country', except in MAS, we do the opposite 'do it for ourselves first, screw the country or the tax-payers':D
    Learn from Guru Rashid, do little or none at all, keep quiet (actually Rashid does a great job keeping his mouth shut watching from the sidelines, sleeping on the job), still gets paid, nobody bothers him, at times we do not even notice he is there at all and enjoy the overseas trip, that chap is brilliant:p or like Bata James, who the heck cares about incompetent, unqualified, yadayada? The 3-big words sum it all - connection, connection and connection....da?;)

#433 OneToughBirdie, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  14. Heong

Heong Regular Member

If the story is true... I feel really bad for Yoo Yong Sung.. there is nothing worse than struggling to find your identity... he was barely treated as a coach and BAM did not recognise his presence at all

I hope he can leave Malaysia and instead come to Australia, I'm sure we'll be glad to have him! :D

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

the worst badminton association of the world, BAM!! Agree...?!

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    But there are articles from before stating this explicitly.

http://www.newsabahtimes.com.my/nstweb/print/53314

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  18. extremenanopowe

Agreed. loot first. who gives a s? Bersih BAM fr ex-nationals? aha. ;)

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think the best management team in BAM thus far was the Elyas Omar's....who starting to enrolled first coach from Chn, Fang Kai Xiang then Han Jian, Yang Yang ....who really showed result with winning TC in 1992....but after that all get big headed and no more result showed.............:D:D

20. extremenanopowe

Yes, those were the days. Now is money face. ;) Applies to some close neighbours as well. Sad. ;)