Mathias Boe & Carsten Mogensen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by dubber, Feb 6, 2009.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes the first sign of it was from their facebook post:

"Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen

March 1

Last practice before All England, and maybe last practice ever at the national center, is done. ..."

But it is not just them it now has been revealed. Also Fischer, Pedersen and Juhl. They have been offered to play in the Indian badminton league, for good money I'm sure, but it is being held before the World Championships and conflicts with the carefully designed training program the federation have set up for that period in preparation for the WC. As possible consequence of playing anyway the federation have "mentioned" leaving them out of the Sudirman Cup squad and individual World Championship ...

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Imho they are sore losers and grating winners.

Sure, it's understandable that they're intense on-court, and understandable they feel like being be outnumbered by all the Asians at the top of their field... but that still doesn't excuse them from having that attitude.

3. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    I can be short: I completely agree with visor and MonkeyMadness. They used to be one of my favorite doubles players to watch, but now I can't even be bothered. Their behaviour is absolutely appalling.

4. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    actually i've never seen mogensen showing any form of like aggression towards opponents...but boe...i have to agree he is sometimes a bit rude...

5. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

I think mogensen does show aggression mainly after winning a point he tends to stare and generally try to unnerve his opponents. Its just next to boe it looks fairly tame.

6. phili

phili Regular Member

It seems like BoMo have some differences with the Danish badminton association. BoMo want to participate the Indish league but Badminton Denmark wants them to prepare for the WC. The players also have stated that they are willing to become Swedes if the association doesn't allow them to play.

Pretty harsh situation over there.

7. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    All 3 pairs are in the twilight of their playing careers so are probably looking at cashing in for retirement. Kind of stabbing the Danish system in the back seeing as they paid for the coaching and funded their development.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It's not like they pay wages but from a federations point of view I'm sure results at WC are quite important for Olympic funding by the government, if not for this cycle then perhaps for the next ...
    In any case, the problem has solved itself with the tournament in India changing the date for whatever reason (probably more complaints about the date it was scheduled?) and no longer conflicts with the WC preparations.

In the meanwhile Boe & Mogensen had signed a new 4-year deal with Yonex that they hope will take them to Rio. A Danish newspaper called Extrabladet estimates their income at $350,000 USD a year. Whether or not that includes an approximate $45,000 a year from their clubs is not sure.

Based on what and when is also not mentioned since the new deal might be worth more, the same or less than the previous ...

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah.... Going to see Bo/Mo until Rio 2016..

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Couldn't find a more appropriate thread atm so will post it here in the meanwhile:

[video=youtube;S93b-FL-VJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S93b-FL-VJw[/video]

#90 demolidor, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  11. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Found the match today against Liu/Qiu quite entertaining, especially the last point of the match.
    Normally finding the "delay tactic" extremely annoying, I found it particularly entertaining how Liu drew out the little break so dramatically. The irony of the situation makes it hysterical.
    And that kids, is situational irony in a nut shell.
    (now now, this is not to start a flame war, big fan of the dane's play style, just not their antics on court. Hear they're great to their fans off court)

12. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
    today saw their match against uprising Korean pair Kim Ki Jung/Kim Sa Rang, found very very difficult before beating them once and for all...

13. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Yeap.. the danes seems to have a difficult time playing the koreans. Perhaps the korean's fast, flat game does not sit well with the danish style.

14. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i think the koreans change their tactics because the danes have a 3-0 record against the koreans...now of course 4-0...and the danes did not play their best...

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I believe they (or Boe) once mentioned they find the Indonesian pairs the most difficult because of their variation.

16. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    they also have problems against other european pairs that play the same style as them...russians and english

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Indian actress Taapsee Pannu insists that she is not getting married to Danish badminton player Mathias Boe

http://www.sportskeeda.com/badminto...badminton-player-mathias-boe/?ref=post-footer

EXCERPTS:

[​IMG] Danish badminton star Mathias Boe (left) with Taapsee Pannu

Indian movie star Taapsee Pannu, who is dating Danish badminton player Mathias Boe, has stated that their marriage is still some distance away in the future.

Speculation began about their relationship when Taapsee was spotted at Delhi’s Siri Fort Sports Complex where Boe was taking part in the men’s doubles event at the Indian Open.

The actor is believed to have been introduced to Boe, an Olympic silver medalist, during the inaugural edition of the Indian Badminton League last year. Boe has gone on to acknowledge that he is indeed dating Taapsee via his tweets.

19. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I'm not sure about Indians. Most Chinese actors and actresses tend to keep their boyfriends and girlfriends in secret.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Movie stars have their personal life splattered all over the gossip columns. Dating Boe will be a little better as he is not within the indian gossip circles.