Malaysian Players Are Ranked World No.1!

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Triumph, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Triumph

Triumph Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Hi Fellow Baddies

I have trolled some of the topics in here, its sad to see some derogatory comments being made about some of our players and coaches. I'm not here to be judgemental, I do respect each individual's right to opinion and would like to share some of mine, I hope you can respect mine too.

1. LCW had a fever, its not an excuse. Yet he still took to the courts and played. We all saw he played his heart out and to many of us he is still a winner despite not getting Gold. Also Lin Dan being selective of tournaments was in amazing top form!
    Accoladed no.1 ranking is one thing but maintaining it is one heck of an achievement. DLCW has maintained it for about 2 years? His consistency is really something we all are surely proud of but some comments makes it seem otherwise.

2. Our doubles players are also ranked World No.1! What more can one ask for, appreciate what is before our eyes before its past. When complaints are abound its demoralising to players, despite their achievement some members of the public berate them for poor performance. Be human, these guys are not mechanical. Sometimes failure is not just an option, its a necessity.

3. Face it, planning is beyond our control, there is no point demanding for resignations bla bla bla when the true problem lies in the politics of the game. When we give non constructive criticisms we are no different than the other politicians. Propose solutions if you can but empty barking is pointless but that is our nature I guess, it wont stop. Sack the bus driver but then who is going to drive the bus if he is sacked?

4. Following which...some will see this as my bit of empty barking :D: Politicians should stop their involvement in the game and leave it to managers. They are the first to the front line to claim the winning glory but when its a bad day "we will have an internal inquiry". Investigate what? Are they saying they had no idea whats happening in the first place such that they have to roll some heads? So which is it? International coaches come and go because of this politics. Badminton is becoming like football.

My 2 cents for our players, you play because you enjoy the game and have mastered it. Tournaments are there to pit you against the best in the world. Consequently you play for national pride but don't lose sight of your passion for the game or it will stop being enjoyable. When it stops being enjoyable, you stop winning.

Malaysian players are World Number 1, isn't it fabulous!!

No flaming please, I'm just passing through.

Thanks

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    World no 1 are China!

3. ZSLASHER

ZSLASHER Regular Member

Yeah!!
    I'm sick of people lamenting about LCW as well... :)
    He has done a heck of a good job mantaining world number 1 status!!

4. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Indeed you have some valid points there but then its winning multiple major titles that will make a great player greater and remembered since he can produce his best when the time comes. Similarly like Lee Westwood can become PGA World number one now but, it is Tiger Woods who will be cherish more as he won more majors which just few human beings can beat him. It's not to say that Datuk LCW is not a great player otherwise he would not become the first Malaysia badminton player that holds the longest World no. 1 title more than Rashid and Roslin did but its more glorious and better if he can win the 2011 WC and 2012 Olympics before he retired.....and also the 2014 AG if i'm not asking too much:D.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Yup. Cherish it when it is still fresh. Not easy for lcw to match ld in terms of the big title.

I believe he must have worked pretty hard having to wake up early in the morning to train. Same goes to the coach. I wonder if other juniors or countries does the same? ;)

He deserves the mulla reward. ;) Lets hope he can get some of the big ones. ;) Nothing to loose. Only LD is in his way. ;)

6. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Some people just like to complaint too much when things don't go their way...

Dear Triumph,

Thank you for your great support and kind intention. I hope it will reach the heart of those pessimist M'sian, though I doubt they would stop arguing about our best players & coaches. These kind of negative claims and talks always reminded me of the power of netizen in some countries... they decide the life and death of a public figure... I never want to see these harsh words to LCW drive him to his limit... they need to understand he also wants those major titles but to not get them is already a discouragement & a disappointment one has to endure... why must we add to the pain? I often ask myself... but we can't control others mind and words... I wish they would all experience the frustration of being LCW (not literally;)), for not getting things they worked hard for and get heavily criticized for it day in and day out.

To me, MAS No.1 players are not lacking in any way... So players, please keep the momentum on high level, learn from your failures to be a better player and move forward for greater results. And yes, please don't lose your passion in the game... it is indeed important for you to feel good about what you are doing, for then you will produce good results :):):)

p/s: shooting stroke, perhaps you could help convey our warm support to the players via HH... Thank you!:D:D;)

7. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    I'll do that if i see him prior to the 2011 Malaysia Open bro....;)

8. Triumph

Triumph Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    I absolutely agree with you. Cherish his accomplishments for what he has achieved (and his coach). He deserves the mulla but it should not be his purpose, his dream brought to where he is not the money but the only thing in his way is himself, not LD. I think he knows this :)

9. Triumph

Triumph Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    For sure our players are great players and we wish them to be a greater players but its not up to us, its up to them. The best we can do is provide solid support, not b*tching abt every loss rather than celebrating every accolade.

Not sure I agree with you about your Tiger Woods analogy though, I suspect he may remembered more for his extra marital exploits rather than just being the best golfer ever so far. :d

10. Triumph

Triumph Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Absolutely! We need to sink and swim together. When a major win is another feather in the cap we all share the joy, when it doesnt be positive that one has done his best!

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Win or lose is not as important as in participating in sports

It's quite shocking to read some of the many negative comments made by BCers about MAS players. Most of these comments come from Malaysian BCers themselves. :(:(:(

Watching from Australia, I do see many Malaysian supporters turning up to cheer for their players/team. They waved the Malaysian flag. They cheered 'Malaysia Boleh !!!'. There is much support because Badminton is popular in Malaysia.

However, some Malaysian BCers are not satisfied when their players couldn't win the major events. And this causes them to make negative comments.

In Australia, we love sports. Australians are proud of our sports participants, Win or lose is not as important as in participating in sports.

Perhaps for Malaysians, winning is more important. Therefore, we get to find a few bitching about their players whenever they find tournaments/championships are not won by their Malaysian players. :eek::eek::eek:

#11 chris-ccc, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  12. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I guess winning is more important to the Malaysian who doesn't know better... :D:D;)

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

My opinion: Winning in sports is not as important as in participating in sports

When 100 participants get to participate in a tournament, they all know that there would be only ONE winning player or pair. Would the 99 (or 98) be considered as losers? :confused::confused::confused:

Winning in sports is not as important as in participating in sports. This is only my opinion. :):):)

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I guess this thread will be another ''Singapore Also Can's''.

Ok. Bravo BAM for having players that are WR No.1. Continue with the current squad and management. For sure, more achievements will come.

So good luck to Malaysia Badminton Sports.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Singapore Also Can

Looks like Dato A has been drawn into this thread too. :):):)

#15 chris-ccc, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  16. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Yup.

Only with good words and positive comments.

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Tell me what is more important than a winning?

18. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I'll get back to you later ok Dato'... got some part time to finish... my weekdays version>>> Monday: weekly report, Tuesday: product report, Wednesday: sleep early, Thursday: Product report, Friday: lepak time... :D you can wait kan Dato? :D

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

We wish to encourage more participation in sports, not less

Sigh :eek::eek::eek:

If winning is most important, then perhaps only our top 8 Badminton players/pairs would participate in tournaments. The others might give up in participating.

We wish to encourage more participation in sports, not less.

20. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Ok, job done... where were we?

First, chris, I understand what you mean by that post, and I agree with you.. thus I wrote mine.:D Btw, nobody is a loser for not winning... they just, lost. Period.;)

Secondly, Dato asked me what is more important than winning, right Dato?;)

My simple-minded opinion: I appreciate the process, the quality of play, the efforts from the players more than the outcome... if along the way, the result is a win, it will add a bigger satisfaction to me, me face, me heart and me self.:D An added joy, I will refer to it as such... I'm a big supporter of badminton, I guess it's normal, no? Of course to the players, they may see it differently... winning perhaps is their objective. I do wish the players enjoy playing more rather than thinking too much about winning... win or lose is just a one moment thing... sometime you win, sometime you lose but it's important not to lose your true self over the outcome... we need some losing moment in our life and learn from it to be better in the future.

I'm very happy if our players play great badminton and win... I'm also will be satisfied with the result if I saw they give their very best but unfortunately lost to better players... so long as I not see them giving up and stop fighting, easily... that is something I don't want to watch in badminton. :) but I happened to watch one when Liew Daren's playing, it's in recent tourney before AG ... my oh my, not sure if I will ever forget that... :(