Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Yes Nadzmi, we can see the whole picture. When so many have lambasted and given BAM and you, pieces of their minds, finally you start with a 12 year plan. You must have thought the people were utterly without brains, hoping no one rocks your cruise ship for many years to come. A decade before and till now, your reasoning is by telling us to look at the whole picture which is another 12 years. No one should rule forever, especially with such meagre results.

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Just tell me which part and what exactly.

The one who has such qualities you mention so fervently should be the present management. They are the most important as they are the CEO(s). This is why there is such a hue and cry. We know something is not right, whereas those who can execute it either do not know or do not want to execute, or has waited till now, out of desperation. Don't you think others should be given a chance? Even if they fail, so what? Keypoint here - Let others have a chance. They teach you that in kindergarten.

Who? Who will run away? Razif? Punch? (passionate but sadly no more around), Tan Sri Elyas? Misbun? Rashid? (he might not be capable but I sure don't think he will run away)How sure are you they will run away? Surely you don't mean us.

When something means a lot to you, your country's pride, you have something to say, something you passionate feel for, you voice out. It's just too bad you need to label 'lynch mob'. Are suggesting us akin to mob crucifying unjustly?

Even my grandmother who was an active runner in school during her heydays can tell me that, genius. This is the BAM who is running our country's sport for goodness sake. BAM has just finally woken up to do things. Do you get why people are frustrated? Do you?
    This is a forum. When you open up a thread for people to brainstorm, some will work, some won't. Then we choose the best possible solution. This is called brainstorming, genius. No one is with 1 DNA, as you so fervently like to put it. The more ideas the better. When the sport you so loved is lacking drastically behind, you voice out. I sincerely doubt you have ever participated in any peaceful rallies/protest, nor will you ever do so.

People are desperate for a change and a hope for the betterment of the sport. I sincerely feel the person in charge should be a coach. At least when he fails, he should at least know why and what fine tuning needs to be implemented. Does BAM know why? Do I need to regurgitate what Nadzmi said after the Thomas cup and olympics, sitting on his high chair and putting on his thinking cap and pondering what went wrong, without any inkling whatsoever? He does not have a clue except input from Capten Ng Chin Chai.

I conclude that what you said about critical thinking or whatever you think is the more important recipe for this issue, should be possessed by the one responsible now, BAM. Whether you or me or the rest of BC have it, is just secondary. So now the question leads to this - Does BAM have it? I would say let them have a go if it's just been 5-10years now. What year are we in now by calculation? Move over and let other qualified people have a go.

3. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    If coaches and even players don't even qualify to an opinion, who do you think is more qualified? So they should just be quiet and shut up? Journalist merely report and reflect what the interviewee is conveying. In fact they pen 'neutral stance', neither pro or against somewhere in the column as to avoid being sued for libel.

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    'should bam leadership step down and make way for others'?

I sincerely think this thread 'Is BAM heading in the right direction' has outlived its duration and should be closed indefinitly as it is pointless to discuss it. This is because the one sitting on the chair is the more important issue. We can discuss till the cows come home and it brings no joy.

But rather, this thread should be on another issue already, which is letting go. No one will, or should be allowed, to rule eternally as long as the people are given the true democratic means to decide on the nation's leadership.

'SHOULD BAM LEADERSHIP STEP DOWN AND MAKE WAY FOR OTHERS'?

And again, the issue here is not about the positives or negatives of BAM anymore, but rather, of letting go.

I conclude this - no one should be allowed to rule forever as long as the democratic component is functioning well.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ehem, The Star do need to put it less obviously, which Rajes Paul does. If you noticed she has been the only one campaigning for TCS ever since he wanted to go independent. The rest of the media, just toe the management line and bash TCS. I believe Rajes Paul know a lot of insider info but it cannot be printed, haha

The part on the Ng sisters getting special priviledge, Harian Metro also addressed that issue & played it up.

We just wait & see if Datuk Nadzmi steps down as President, then we will know how strong his 'connections' are. The way things have been going or wind blowing BAM council should vote in a new President

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

According to some 'experienced' BC members Tan Sri Elysas was politically ousted, then the politicians came in and rule BAM. As Malaysian, I'm sure you know how the politics are & how it effects sports ;);)
    Misbun hung on as long as he could until he couldnt take it anymore, how many years he tahan? The foreign coaches got fed up and left or forced in a corner till they had to resign(the usual office politics, you know lah), still happening a few short months ago.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so who will be the next president? ng chin cai? rashid sidek?
    my prayer to all religion god,please let nadzmi lead bam for another 20 years.
    by then malaysia can book one flight for olympic
    bam will be malaysia top company replacing petronas.
    and maybe a HPD roles to our uncle tan.
    what a wonderful future

janji sudah ditepati
    kini masa balas budi

nadzmi hero malaysia!nadzmi hero malaysia!

8. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Sports and politics can never mix, just like oil and water. You throw them inside together and they separate no matter how, like hollywood marriages. They dabble with football and they fail. They dabble with hockey and they fail. Now they want to ruin badminton too. Sigh..

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but this is malaysia,every single thing that can made profit
    u will found politics!
    because there are no real democracy
    they vote in between.
    u help me,i help u.
    u vote me,we go rio 2016.
    how nice and how harmony right?

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Every once in a while, even with below par management that sickens your heart, you get an athlete from a poor family struggling to make ends meet, finds that badminton is his after-school life, spend more time on badminton than on his own gf, cries his heart out when he loses, trains till he cry, and most importantly, get into national team. This is Lee Chong Wei. I consider Malaysia very lucky indeed.

True, we cannot always blame the management, but if the management is not responsible, then maybe in another 50years can we see another athlete like this emerge. I say this is because even with China's superb badminton infrastructure, there is only 1 Lin Dan. How much harder it will be, how much prayer it will take, how much luck Malaysia will need, with a management that is not responsible and accountable.

To me politics has just marred everyone's mind because it is very rarely accountable and transparent. Politics can become a good tool, when used in the positive way.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    and the cruel reality is
    lee chong wei more or less saved them again again and again.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no concrete decision after 6 hours playing tablet in the meeting.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Do those who have gone insane cursing BAM ever realize that they represent such an embarrassingly small circle of unreasonable arm-chair critics? The majority of all the posts here are from 2 standouts. Now, what can two lonely souls do? Also, barring me, there is an embarrassing absence of dissenting opinions.
    Is this what a proper forum should be? It appears to have been hijacked by 2 disgruntled souls who have no where to vent their pent up disgust.
    If I am right about the small minority then Malaysia survives. If not, then it is the end of the road.

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    most Malaysian badminton enthuastic do not access bc and if they do, they might not have the time or the languages command to write a good critisism of BAM. I've never heard anyone playing badminton in malaysia who praise what BAM has done for the past 10years. These two critics do said the truth...

15. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Pakito, Sibugichai and limsy, stop wasting your time. Nothing will come out from arguing against him, just leave him alone. So far, I see a few BCers backing your guys up(with a few articles from different press echoing your sentiments), while I see non supporting his argument, yet he claimed that you guys represents the minority.

Oh well, what else can I say except leave him living in his own little world. No harm come from that:cool:. We can all agree to disagree with him.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

This is one opinion. It may or may not be truly representative. Even if most Malaysian badminton fans or players are not supportive of BAM, this is just a view that has to stand the test of how credible such views are. Sometimes, emotions over a missed Gold that was so close yet so far cloud our judgement.
    Critical problem solvers will first get over such an emotional phase first before analyzing the problem if there is one and then finding a solution.
    But first you must establish a realistic objective, not a mere pipe dream.
    How good is Malaysia in badminton compared with China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Denmark? Is a failure against China a realistic failure in the true sense of the word? Is losing to even Korea or Indonesia such a disaster to deem BAM a failure? Come on, Malaysia get hold of yourself.
    In the context of the current badminton powers Malaysia actually did very well in the Olympics. Is this a failure? Or is beating LD a foregone conclusion? Then please come down to mother earth, Malaysian badminton fans or players!
    Is failure to win the Thomas Cup such a disaster, given the powers Malaysia is facing?
    In fact there is a wide gap between the quality of BAM officials and the fans they serve. Herein lies the problem. From what I read here that gap will become wider until there is no more replacement for more brains, and brawn will rule. Malaysia will then not even be good enough to go through to the Thomas Cup group rounds.

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

This is one opinion. It may or may not be truly representative. Even if most Malaysian badminton fans or players are not supportive of BAM, this is just a view that has to stand the test of how credible such views are. Sometimes, emotions over a missed Gold that was so close yet so far cloud our judgement.
    Critical problem solvers will first get over such an emotional phase first before analyzing the problem if there is one and then finding a solution.
    But first you must establish a realistic objective, not a mere pipe dream.
    How good is Malaysia in badminton compared with China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Denmark? Is a failure against China a realistic failure in the true sense of the word? Is losing to even Korea or Indonesia such a disaster to deem BAM a failure? Come on, Malaysia get hold of yourself.
    In the context of the current badminton powers Malaysia actually did very well in the Olympics. Is this a failure? Or is beating LD a foregone conclusion? Then please come down to mother earth, Malaysian badminton fans or players!
    Is failure to win the Thomas Cup such a disaster, given the powers Malaysia is facing?
    In fact there is a wide gap between the quality of BAM officials and the fans they serve. Herein lies the problem. From what I read here that gap will become wider until there is no more replacement for more brains, and brawn will rule. Malaysia will then not even be good enough to go through to the Thomas Cup group rounds.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think it is difficult to tell what is majority and minority when one never experience voting democracy system.
    the poll thingy last time proved it.

anyway,of course it wont have any result.
    its like me from malaysia telling american who to vote
    someone from else way sound like he know the truth more than me when he dont even know about our political culture,badminton player or the spelling of nadzmi.

for the latest news,they will decide something or anything on the coming dunno what meeting.
    its so easy,if koo/tan doesnt accept the split,then accept their resign later.
    but they afraid of losing power,money and result.
    on why nadzmi said he will leave next year(and maybe ng chin cai),because lcw gonna retired soon,koo/tan going no way near their best,no more goose that lay golden egg.
    as simple as that.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    as the one who predicted malaysia will lost to japan in tc 2010,thailand in AG 2010(and many more:cool:)
    i had foresee malaysia badminton in a recession:)p) way before the result come out,and thats because of bam failure. who care malaysia win gold or not when there are lots of opportunist in bam.

as one of the psychologist graduate,i saw many things that some others cant see.
    one of the reason because i in malaysia,not in hong kong:rolleyes:,nearer and clearer:D

from the series of comment,we can see how fixation and mental set destroy one brain(and probably,life):crying:

everyone,put the name on ignore list.
    stay calm and oppa gangnam style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I wouldn't be so quick before claiming that others who disagree are less qualified than you to comment about Malaysia.
    I was a CEO of an international corporation in Malaysia ranked in the top Fortune 3 companies in the world. I have had all sorts of employees to give me a wider perspective of human quality, empty vessels, and bad losers. I still have my successors who update me on the local scene. I am greatly dismayed by the low quality of personnel they now are forced to employ.
    To open your eyes, look at the widening gap between Malaysia and your neighbor Singapore. From a parity basis it is now too lop-sided to hide anymore.
    But you can of course continue to claim you know better and I am no longer relevant.