Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

That is easier to say than to do. If the WR1 player does not support you, you can forget about implementing any wholesale changeover even though any person which a little bit of intelligence can see Malaysian badminton badly needs, maybe except those who may be lacking or has self-interest to protect.
    If RS comes back.....heck, can guarantee he will be back cos the ringgit is too good to pass up and he has nowhere to go anyway....he will be even more powerful as it will likely be on his terms, and he knows he has the WR1 as bodyguard. WR1 just cry to the top, MTA will melt and capitulate.
    For MTA who came in so committed with a definite plan, talked tough about lawsuit, empower TAM as top gun, then completely reverse directions all in 14 days, we can reasonably guess the events that occurred and TAM resignation that followed.
    And as for Rashid to resign eventually, MTA/Razif will kaput before Rashid. One more prediction, after WR1 retires in 2-3 years time, WR1 will run BAM unless WR1 changes course and runs for Barisan...just a prediction.;) This is MAS, the power of politics and connecting/knowing the right persons will make even the devil to open ALL kinds of door for you.

#1801 OneToughBirdie, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. terranova

terranova Regular Member

For sure there are bigger things the higher ups have planned for him than just being BAM President . If he wins WC or Olym and retires in 2016, BN will fast track him likely for 2018 GE. Maybe in state seat leading BN to take over Penang so he may be future Penang CM. Or of they put him in federal seat in which case he may be future Sports Minister. With his political power then the Village Champ will take over as BAM President
    :)

3. terranova

terranova Regular Member

http://www.thestar.com.my/story.aspx?sec=sports&file=/2011/4/29/sports/8576003
    Back when Misbun resigned as coach , Trengganu BA chief said
    “At this moment, any coach can train Chong Wei. He has reached a level that he does not need much help from a coach."
    Obviously LCW does not need Village Champ as much as Village Champ needs him

http://www.hmetro.com.my/articles/2013092805575420130928055754/Article
    OMG according to Razif, Village Champ will get same position and same salary. Shouldn't his salary be cut?
    There is mention that they need him back as they are short of coaches . LOL

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think u had gone too far since malaysia will bankrupt on 2019 as BN minister claim:D.
    with his language level,i think it is hard to him to communicate with 'them':p

5. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Whilst all these shenaningans are exploding and consuming BAM, they forgot
    to submit and register players for the Asia Under 19 championship!!!
    Talking about incompetence!
    Its unfortunate that when TAM needed support, Razif was away all week
    attending his child's convocation in Australia and now his back BAM has
    ask him to persuade younger brother to return.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    to be precise,it was AJC under 15 and under 17. the under 19 already done in july.
    like the tournament venue name,kudus to bam officer:mad:
    must be lack of budget:rolleyes:
    player doesnt need so much tournament:rolleyes:
    bla bla bla:mad:

i bet they dont even contact each other regularly

7. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Haha don't worry LCW and his powerful friends and fans will bail out a bankrupt Malaysia.
    Language skills is unnecessary in MAS politics, look at example of Ghafar Baba :)

From way Razif mention "same position and same salary " as before , he seems to be taking a sarcastic swipe at his diva brother. He seems to be implying that he should stop behaving like diva and be happy that BAM stills wants him back and give him same position and same salary while others are working as volunteers and for free:)

8. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    RS returning to BAM next week and credited Sport Minister KJ and LCW for persuading him.

9. terranova

terranova Regular Member

10. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    Regardless of how BAM moves, to the root, to the top, to the bottom, to the right, to the left ... I am betting at the end, there will be " No Results" ! BAM is just like our government, they are specialized in making everything from bad to worst. The mindset and implementation is always a major problem for Malaysia !

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

This is pretty much ado about politics. Player should not be bigger than the coaches, Head coaches. Rashid is back in BAM after LCW complained and TAM was sacked after 1 month. I can't imagine PBSI would do that to Rexy. It could be TAM is not as professional as Rexy is.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    PBSI was already changing its management and then Rexy came back to PBSI - not Rexy coming to PBSI and then changing things;) The roles of TAM and Rexy are totally different roles so it's not a like-for-like comparison. Thus, one cannot say TAM is not as professional as Rexy.

13. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

Maybe TM should pursuade TAM to come back and develop the grass roots instead. Its so fragmented, no system and not regulated at all. Its like a Cowboys and Indians in the wild west down here.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nah,cowboys use gun like gunners93
    but those inside bam use $$$$$:D

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/coaches-get-their-wish-1.364398
    As I read the above, I have another thought:

MTA/TAM are close alliance, have known each other for a long time and both came in dead set to revamp BAM saying BAM cannot continue the way it has been for 13 years, then do a 180 degree turn, all in 14 days with TAM quiting....it is not that simple. What appears to be a surrender and capitulate, may be a strategy to prolong this game to 3-set.

First, TAM moved fast to remove the leeches wanting to implement his 5-year plan on the get-go. He moved Village champ to coach the 3 chaps, leaving LCW to TSB. VC knew this is a suicide mission, coaching the other 3 chaps is hopeless. VC knows he needs LCW as cash cow, not the other way, LCW makes RS way better than he is. 10 years in BAM and what the heck has RS achieved of any insignificance worth mentioning? Nothing! Simply put, RS is a real lousy coach, the reason he is the head coach was because the previous BAM is just as stupid and incompetent in hiring him.
    So RS quit, then crybaby WR1 complained to his mama, and that caught MTA/TAM by surprise. Then TAM quit. Do you think TAM is really out of this?;)

TAM has already set the foundation, the plan has not changed. MTA sets a performance review on RS and all other leeching coaches (PCC, Paulus). If performance targets are not met, they are accountable whereas in the previous BAM, there is none and so as RS and his gang famously screw up London 12 project, it is business as usual, and RS and the rest of the clowns at BAM continue to milk and oink, oink the cow. No checkstop for 13 years and >RM100M spent over these period.

Razif emphasized he and TKH are monitoring, not coaching and the coaches have all the authority with same salary to do set their training agenda, yadadada. Razif and TKH are not assuming any coaching responsibility and Razif role is voluntary, not on payroll. But results will be monitored, RS, TSB, PCC, Paulus are on the hot seat, with no safety net (no NCC, Nadzmi) to save them, and they can be cooked. The chaps has the first laugh, let them slowly hang themselves.

Less than 3 years to Rio, TAM's plan is beyond Rio. MTA/TAM know LCW is the only hope to medal in WC14/Rio/AG14 and crybaby wants RS back (I think with only TSB to warm the coaching seat is not enough to counter LD side with 2 coaches:D). MTA sees there is no other prospect to bank on, so MTA (I say with TAM guiding) grants WR1 his wish and 'force' TAM to quit. If MTA does not grant LCW's wish to have VC back, and LCW lose Rio/AG/WC14, the blame could be shifted to MTA for meddling in a successful coach-player partnership. MTA has all to lose.

If LCW does win in Rio with RS as coach, great then, MTA gets the credit as BAM chief, win-win. If LCW lose, his career is over anyway and so is RS for failing to meet the target. Also, same for PCC/Paulus. So these dead woods can enjoy another 2+ years of salary. Just that TAM's plan delay for 2 years.

The juniors side is still intact, and those BJSS coaches stay out to groom these juniors. Actually, it is safer to leave the juniors to these coaches since the coaches nurture them and to put them under VC, they will be wasted for sure, as these leeches have nothing to teach them anyway. Like they say, lazy/stupid coaches train players to play lazy/stupid.

So, it appears MTA capitulated. Nadzmi reigned for 13 years, MTA may be here to stay for a while. VC won the first set. This game is gonna be a 3-setter and we shall see if MTA has the staying power of LD having the last laugh and win everytime in a major in the 3rd set.

16. honeong

honeong Regular Member

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Bad...iven-free-rein-for-training-and-schedule.aspx

Razif kept quiet all these while, like a silencer. TAM who was outspoken and mean business wasnt welcomed. the silencer senses something and say he is an assessor and how to please coaches. Does BAM really need extra assessor to report to TM ? TM is another puppet in Bam who must accommodate to the old structure inside BAM. bringing in talent management group is just another standard procedure as a newly promoted.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this is silly,regardless how the result will be in 10 years,the president still can be the president if he want.
    the only thing to do is 4s1m(oney),bring those who have vote to brazil and japan,Shop till u drop, Sunbath, Samba, Sushi, anything u can imagine.
    just like what nadzmi do.
    it just about money money money money money:D

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    At first, I react like most posters that MTA/TAM capitulated, weak and yield, so on. MTA/TAM, I am still believing in them that they sincerely want to revamp BAM. These are not young chaps, TAM is not paid to do this, they don't need this job. These folks have a plan, a 5-year thingie, but they did not see the blind punch threw by RS (quit) and the side kick from LCW crying to his mama. Remember all this events happened in 14 days, too fast, they could not see this canonball coming. So on to plan B. The leeches have to go but takes longer, so let them win this set, bleed some ringgit and let them set themselves up and hang themselves. MTA is a proud person and so is no nonsense TAM. To let a scrawny kid and a leech dictate what to do, i.e. to carry on oinking as before and knowing damn well, leading malaysian badminton into a black hole is out of the question. MTA/TAM are controlling their temper. Read carefully, the plan has not changed, just some adjustment. Just my thoughts, I could be wrong then Malaysian badminton is screwed.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Remind us in five years time or even sooner of this plan ;)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    i do believe TAM dont need those money as president,he is rich enough.
    but i doubt he can overcome all the resistance and obstruction