Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. benjaminloo

benjaminloo Regular Member

Sales
    Great =)..... $250 including String + Grip + Original bag. Usual Price is $289 n with a special promotion sticker @ 259.90. The shop located @ 1st floor. Shop Name starts with a GXXX =)

#441 benjaminloo, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Hi, since you mentioned SW35, how would you rate the Voltric 80 from SW35? What is your string tension of your SW35 anyway? Thanks.

3. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

i got mine VT80 4UG5 only $245 including string + Grip + original bag. At queenways 2nd level..

4. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

as for my feedbacks... VT80 4UG5 is like Z-slash except that the frame is more forgiving... my tension is 27lbs using BG66UM

5. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    lol...they used these sticks and lost to 'un-known' in SO ?? in 45 minutes !!! :D
    :D

Ruud BOSCH
    Koen RIDDER
    -
    Mathias BOE [1]
    Carsten MOGENSEN
    17-21 21-15 21-19 0:45

or they already planned to retire ?? :confused::confused:

6. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    they were just having their well deserved holidays in Swiss after winning the AE open.:p

and the review from Paul Steward already out!

quote from paul stewart:"Voltric 80 is, without doubt, the most outstanding racquet I have ever used in my 34 years in badminton!"

#446 ieim_17, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I assume he meant the existing Singapore price-check thread in the MArket Place [​IMG].
    Seem to remember some stores used the prices mentioned here to complain to Sunrise about other stores selling too cheap ;) Maybe that's why he asked first :p ...

They did win Atwater before ;):D And one of them I think also uses it :p

#447 demolidor, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  8. lneoas

lneoas Regular Member

IT Consultant
    not being a bad influence here. just to reflect the truth =)
    now time to step over to the dark side hehehe =p

9. lneoas

lneoas Regular Member

IT Consultant
    after reading Paul review on VT80, i can totally understand where he is coming from and how he felt.
    I amnota advance player, at most i consider myself an intermediate player and i too can feel the big difference between the VT80 and the rest.

10. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

How would you compare Voltric 80 to SW35 since you mentioned Meteor X80 is more of a BS10?

11. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    paul review remind me that he had found the KING OF ALL RACKETS....no wonder LCW won the AE2011 and walking away towards the dressing room by having that cunning look on his face...hehehe

anymore review from VT80 fans to share??

BGK is selling only at 4200...can someone confirm ah

12. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

After reading Paul Stewart's review giving it a full 5 stars rating, I was thinking, it isn't as stiff as NS9900, as head heavy as the AT700, packs a wallop like an Arc Z because of a larger sweet spot.

These all sounds like a more balanced weapon but I think it mustn't be the holy grail of rackets! Even for Yonex alone in my opinion.

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Paul's reviews are worth noting, but the fact that he's sponsored by Yonex UK, and his training schemes are a bit P.T. Barnum, means you'd be a bit silly to take his reviews as gospel.

Regardless, he hasn't exactly held back with his praises and his reviews of other rackets regardless of brand tend to mirror my own, so they're certainly worth keeping in mind.

14. masterblaster99

masterblaster99 Regular Member

Hey all,

True that Paul is sponsored by Yonex UK, but he has also given high praise to a number of the Victor racquets that he has also tested. Reading his reviews of racquets that I have also tried, I am compelled to note that I think very highly of his opinions in these matters.

I just read his review of the VT80, which he did promise by the end of this week (thanks Paul), and after reading it I'm going to have to get my hands on one and cheat on my ARC10. We are on a holding pattern here in Canada though, as the 3U versions have apparently been delayed to Canada. Yonex dealers here are being sent 4U versions from the US until the 3U's arrive :(

15. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    what ? Voltric 80 = the Holy Grail of all rackets ?
    Jesus ! finally ! the answer to my prayer ! thank you Lord ! Halleluyah to that !

16. send4m3

send4m3 Regular Member

anyone here... know what kind of string either of LCW and BOE using in All England 2011, and what tension they are using. I just a bit curious about it. Thx in advance.

17. druss

druss Regular Member

Which is why, along with the ridiculously high prices, I'll be buying mine from MBS (or similar). Most of my rackets are SP or US coded... hell I can buy JP coded for $10 more than CD coded most of the time...

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is not. the VT80 is a slow swinging racket similar to the AT900Power. head heavy, good power, but not fast by any means.

i am not saying it is not a good racket, but you better be a damn strong player to be able to wield it.

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Guys

I have never hidden the fact that i am sponsored by Yonex. However, Yonex do not control my blog, nor do they control or attempt to control what i write.

If I believe a racquet is good I'll say so. If I don't like a racquet I'll say so.

My views on VT80 are exactly that, my personal views, weighing up what I've played with, how the racquet delivers in different aspects of the game. I have never written a review like this before speaking so boldly about a racquet. You'll note that I am known for speaking out against Arc Z Slash and it's timing issues. It didn't work for me and it hasn't for many players. Some have bought the racquet and then referred to my review and wished they hadn't.

i have been fortunate to work with a retailer that invests in demo racquet. i do not get them direct from Yonex to review, i have to borrow them from my retailer. That's how I've been able to test Victor and yonex racquets. Soon I'll be testing Li Ning racquets and a few other brands and I'll be just as open and honest with my reviews of these brands.

With regard to Maklike comments about my training schemes being P.T. Barnum I take offence at that statement. I have trained many players from being juniors to senior county players and one girl went on to represent England at senior level and reach a highest world ranking of 22.

The players that come on my residential weekends will tell you what a good training weekend it is and I'm very proud of our achievements to date. My courses are certainly not weak, lacking in content or teaching the wrong things. They're also not a load of BS. I'll stack my coaching against most coaches and the fact that I design training tools that work should be seen as a plus.

Seems to me that someone needs to think very carefully before engaging fingers on keyboard!

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Paul, thanks for your review. Your opinion is valued at BC. And your integrity.

To your mind, is the VT80 a good choice for an intermediate (at best) player? How exactly would you stack this up against say, the Arc8DX which you were quite effusive about?