Malaysian Juniors 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by gemini12, Dec 13, 2009.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Why didn't I see Chow Mei Kuan/Lee Meng Yean before?

Wait, I think Lee Meng Yean was the one who caused a big upset over the SG pair with Tan Wee Gien?

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Congrats to the MAS juniors for claiming 4 titles in Holland, although I dare say that Goh Giap Chin had luck and fitness on his side to claim it. However, there was no presence of the other badminton powerhouses China, Korea, Indonesia, Japan... etc. there. Can they perform again in the German Junior?

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Chow MK/Lee MY one of the promising WD pairs, successor to Lai Pei JIng/Shevon Lai. Since Lai PJ already overaged this year, Chow/Lee is up for AJC, WJC. I didnt take notice of them much in XD as it's not their regular event.

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

wow... so "geng"...??? hooray... now we got hope for the next LCW... hooray.... BOLEH?

5. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Tuesday March 8, 2011

The Star
    Our youngsters land four of five titles in Dutch junior meet

PETALING JAYA: Malaysian junior shuttlers earned a high in Haarlem, winning four of the five titles in the Dutch junior championships, which ended on Sunday.
    Bukit Jalil Sports School’s (BJSS) Goh Giap Chin made a first international breakthrough and bagged the boys’ singles title with a hard-fought 26-24, 17-21, 24-22 win over Ng Ka Long of Hong Kong in the final.
    World junior boys’ doubles runners-up Nelson Heg Wei Keat-Teo Ee Yi continued to show their potential to be a top Malaysian pair when they defeated compatriots Jagdish Singh-Low Juan Shen 21-9, 17-21, 21-16 in the final.
    There were also good news in the women’s competitions when Sonia Cheah and Chaw Mei Kuan-Lee Meng Yean were crowned as the singles and doubles champions respectively. Sonia blew away Holland’s Josephine Wentholt 21-13, 21-11 while Mew Kuan-Meng Yean overcame a strong challenge in the opening game to prevail with a 21-16, 21-7 win over Hong Kong’s Cheung Ngan Yi-Yeung Yik Kei.
    The results augur well for Malaysian badminton, especially in the women’s department currently bugged by a long list of injuries and dwindling numbers of players.
    Malaysia are sending more juniors for international tournaments this year to establish themselves on the new junior ranking system.
    This is the first year that the Badminton World Federation (BWF) are introducing the ranking system to ensure that there will be no disputes over seedings for the Asian and world junior championships.