What Amazes Me!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Oldhand, Mar 25, 2008.

1. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
  2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

whoah,..impressive!:eek:
    after i saw her drawing the people seating on the bench, i found out more amazing:eek:

good find, drifit:)

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Africa

Anyone been to Kenya, Africa? Anything nice there? Nairobi and Mombasa. tks. ;)

Attached Files:

#205 extremenanopowe, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    128M goof

Kentucky couple win $128M Powerball prize
    By DYLAN LOVAN, Associated Press Writer Dylan Lovan,
    Associated Press Writer
    2 hrs 35 mins ago

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – A central Kentucky autoworker is lucky he held on to the $128 million Powerball ticket he bought on Christmas Eve during some last-minute shopping — after all, it was printed by mistake.

Lottery officials said Rob Anderson and his wife, Tuesday, were winners of the largest jackpot in the state's history.

On Wednesday the couple was introduced at the state lottery headquarters in Louisville. The Andersons said they didn't initially believe they had won the $128.6 million jackpot after buying lottery tickets together for 12 years.

"We didn't hit it, that's not us," Rob Anderson said he told his wife after showing her the winning ticket the morning after the Dec. 26 drawing. "Something's not right!"

Rob Anderson, 39, said the winning ticket was a misprint that he decided to keep while buying stocking stuffers at a Georgetown, Ky., gas station. He wanted to buy $1 lottery tickets for three people, but the clerk goofed.

"The clerk ran the $3 Quick Pick but he put it all on one ticket, and I was like, doggone it, I needed three separate tickets," Anderson said.

The clerk asked him if he wanted to keep the ticket, which had three sets of random numbers.

"Yeah, I got a couple extra dollars," Anderson said, and he bought three more tickets to give as gifts.

When he arrived at home, he tossed the ticket on his dresser and didn't think about it until the Sunday morning after the drawing. When he remembered it, he checked the Powerball numbers and they matched one of the sets of numbers on the botched ticket: 32-36-37-41-53 and Powerball 30.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^What a way..^^

..to kick off the new year, eh??...and it proofs, once again, that winning a lottery is 100% dependent on luck..

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

who is disputing that winning a lottery is not luck?:p

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

2:01 PM Feb 5, 2010

VA Anger Management Counselor Accused of Pulling Gun on Federal Officers
    ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP)
    A domestic violence and anger management counselor in Fairfax County is accused of pulling a gun on two men who turned out to be federal marshals.
    Posted: 11:39 AM Feb 5, 2010

A domestic violence and anger management counselor in Fairfax County is accused of pulling a gun on two men who turned out to be federal marshals.

Fifty-seven-year-old Jose L. Avila was arraigned in federal court in Alexandria Thursday on a charge of assaulting a federal officer. Authorities say Avila pointed the gun at the marshals because he believed they were blocking his car.

Defense attorney William A. Odio says Avila pointed a cell phone at the men and didn't know they were marshals.

Odio says Avila works at a nonprofit in Falls Church and gets frequent counseling referrals from judges and lawyers.

Court records show Avila has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

©2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    he makes a great politican

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

In this case..

..all it needed was a goof luck..(okay, that was a lame one)..

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Employer told not to post advert for 'reliable' workers because it discriminates against 'unreliable' applicants

By Ryan Kisiel and Andrew Levy
    Last updated at 11:26 AM on 27th January 2010

When it comes to hiring staff, there are plenty of legal pitfalls employers need to watch out for these days. So recruitment agency boss Nicole Mamo was especially careful to ensure her advert for hospital workers did not offend on grounds of race, age or sexual orientation.
    However, she hadn't reckoned on discriminating against a wholly different section of the community - the completely useless.

Nicole Mamo, director of Devonwood Recruitment was stunned when a job centre in Thetford, Norfolk, said she could not include the phrase 'reliable and hard working' in her advert
    When she ran the ad past a job centre, she was told she couldn't ask for 'reliable' and 'hard-working' applicants because it could be offensive to unreliable people.

'In my 15 years in recruitment I haven't heard anything so ridiculous,' Mrs Mamo said yesterday.

'If the matter wasn't so serious I would be laughing out loud.
    The Job Centre in Thetford, Norfolk, said the advert discriminated against unreliable people. 'Unfortunately it's extremely alarming. I need people who are hardworking and reliable - and I am pleased to discriminate in that way. If they're not then I really can't use them. The reputation of my business is on the line.
    'Even the woman at the jobcentre agreed it was ridiculous but explained it was policy because they could get sued for being dicriminatory against unreliable people.

Attached Files:

14. extremenanopowe

wow.. interesting... however many company still discriminates. Due to the pressure on numbers. There are expectations that people must work late in some nations. ;) What a crap. ;)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Talk about being weighted down..

..the woman lost 70 lbs after the surgery..:eek:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,600153,00.html (click on the link to see the picture of the tumor)..
    =======================================
    Surgeons Remove 56-Pound Tumor From Woman's Uterus
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Doctors in Argentina have removed a tumor from a woman that was so massive, it looked as if she was pregnant with quintuplets, a lead surgeon said.

The huge growth, tipping the scales at nearly 56 pounds, had been growing inside the 54-year-old patients’ uterus for 18 months. It was taken out during a four hour operation at Gandulfo Hospital near the capitol of Buenos Aires.

Surgeons said they believe the malignant tumor was the biggest ever removed in the world, according to the report.

“I've never seen anything like it in my 34 years of medical service,” lead surgeon Dr. Oscar Lopez said. “Its weight is comparable to that of a 4-year-old boy's.”

The woman, whose identity is not being released, left the hospital weighing 70 pounds less than when she was admitted. She is now back at home recovering.

16. extremenanopowe

I also faced with the same problem. Mine is acidic. ;) haiz... Anyone need a test let me know. I have the liquid tester.

[​IMG]

17. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Distilled water is supposed to be mineral free and pH neutral, hence they are always stored in equally clean plastic bottles.

18. extremenanopowe

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

(2011 V8) Chevy Camaro coming to Netherlands this fall. Price €84.000 = ~$120,000 ... US price: ~$30,000

:rolleyes:

#219 demolidor, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  20. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Purewater is impure water. The acidity is from dissolved carbon dioxide in the air.

#220 wilfredlgf, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011