Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I think our different viewpoint is bcoz you see LCW as a professional badminton player whilst I see him as a MALAYSIAN player, representing MALAYSIA FIRST & LAST .... winning the MAJORS MATTER TO MALAYSIA irrespective of who did it !

I am a Malaysian fan and if any player representing Malaysia falls short of the mark, be prepared for some ' tough love' :D

#8981 maxout, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    winning the MAJORS MATTER TO MALAYSIA irrespective of who did it -- Still you are missing something. Other than Lee Chong Wei, who else did it to malaysia as if you are mentioning..? :rolleyes:Any other men's singles player did it before? ;)If you do your so called tough love to a player who is the only one who can challenge the top seeds of other dominant nation, then i leave it to you for your imagination. I am not a malaysian and if you have your own boundaries to explain your views and not trying to come out of it, i cant do anything.. :)

3. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I don't disagree with you one bit about LCW being the only real challenger today that is why many Malaysian fans are condemning BAM for doing such a crap job in PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE ....

Like LD, LCW is fast coming towards his expiry date (max 3-4 years) as a top 10 player, time to move on .... newer, hungrier and younger China dragons are emerging, time for Malaysia to FOCUS ON THE NEXT GENERATION.

As far as I can see, LCW 's BAD LUCK is that he is born around the same time as LD - too bad !! Same goes for all the great players born in the same time as Rudy Hartono, who remembers them today ? When people refer back to the 60s and 70s ... ONLY ONE NAME ... same, next time, people refers to the 2004-2012 era .... ONLY ONE NAME .... the one who win THE MAJORS ...

So, if LCW wants to be mentioned together, he better starts banging in a few MAJORS in the next 3-4 years and forget about wasting his energies and risk injuries on the so-so PSS/SS ....

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    There is an interesting article in malay mail. :) Here is the link

http://www.mmail.com.my/story/no-easy-passage-chong-wei-despite-lin-dans-absence-40164

EXCERPTS:

"The Malaysian ace who recently wed his long time girlfriend and shuttler Wong Mew Choo recently, will have to overcome his nemesis Chen Long, the world number three, in the absence of his arch-rival Lin Dan."

"Though the head-to-head record between Chong Wei and Chen Long stands at 7-5 in favour of the Malaysian after 12 meetings, but the latest loss suffered by Chong Wei in the Hong Open Open last month is cause for concern."

"The BWF Super Series Final, the climax of the 12-leg BWF Super Series circuit, will end the year with the best eight men’s and women’s singles and doubles players, as well as mixed doubles players battling it out for a slice of the USD500,000 (RM1.55 million) prize money."

I wish him all the very best for this first Superseries finals after his sweet wedding. :)

#8984 scorpion1, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The thread is seriously gone off topic hence the deleted posts.

6. nungquynh

nungquynh Regular Member

banking officer
    I saw Lee and Cai-Fu in fb, and they was partner in a 3 vs 3 macth! Does anybody know about this?

7. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

Maybe its because it was LD that LCW can be world No. 1...? Its quite a unique relationship. As buddies off court, they compare their GTRs and Ferraris driving experiences. What I still dont understand is why our back-ups dont reap the benefit of having a world no. 1 in their own house? I like to see LCW work ethics should be documented and make it a formula for the budding newbies into BAM?

8. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

The talks in town :D ...

9. joyce_kypan

joyce_kypan New Member

Executive
    Datuk Lee's childhood coach

Mr. TEH PENG HUAT - childhood coach of Datuk Lee : was honoured & recognised for his contributions at SS Junior Badminton Championship 2012!!!

Mr. TEH PENG HUAT - is the man who first spotted & nurtured Datuk Lee.

[video=youtube_share;Ygf-mOVk2bM]http://youtu.be/Ygf-mOVk2bM[/video]

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    believe me,they arent really buddy.
    they dont even attend each other wedding
    ld:eek:h,i have china master to play(which he didnt.)
    lcw:eek:h,i will try my best to make it(which he didnt)

11. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

To be World Number 1 for as long as he has in spite of the great behemoth that is Chinese badminton is enough reason for me to regard LCW as one of the greatest players ever. It is akin to that lone man standing alone in front of those tanks on Tiananmen Square.

12. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Ooo limsy, you might start a campfire for singing happy camp songs in front of bonfire?:D

13. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LCW is a fantastic team player (be it Thomas Cup or Sudirman), as he always want to be the catalyst to give Malaysians the 'boleh' spirit to do the impossible, although most times it is really impossible. Sadly, although he beat LD at past Thomas Cup, Malaysia failed to deliver. But LCW gave his due.

Having said that, LCW is both a good team player and an individual player. Period.

14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

really? i still hope they are REAL friends. but maybe only in my dream.

btw, LD didn't play in CHN masters. he should played in CBSL. but still, he didn't make it to attend LCW's wedding. too bad.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry, some translation should be in order: Basically, Lee CW is saying he is exhausted and didn't feel like playing in this tournament, what with his marriage preparation and all that. He added the way the SS is organized many players are risking injury, the tournaments are too close, overcrowded. He also complained that, for players who would like to take a break and skip a tournament,the fines that BWF imposes for not turning up is unfair.

More or less what Li YB has been saying.

#8996 Justin L, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

LYB already brain-washing him? :eek:

18. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

LCW also said he was forced to play in SSF becoz of the USD 5000 fine if absent.... compared health and USD 5000, I don't believe LCW is not able to play... most Malaysians know how rich he is... look at his wedding....

so why risking his health in the first place because of the USD 5000?!

I don't think he's telling the truth...

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Are you his spokesperson or his conscience?? Lol..:D If Li Yongbo says something, then that is true and if LCW tells something, its lie for you??? Lol :)

20. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

What's wrong with you? Is this your forum? Are u trying to start a war here?

what u said is really no-brainer...Lol

#9000 Jonc108, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012