Wrenched.........

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by Wilson Chew, Aug 14, 2011.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Gosh, so typical of Malaysian politics. If LCW had won, he would have taken some credit for it. That's sick. He only thought about the consequences for himself, not for LCW.

2. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

Is it just msia or other countries as well that has been playing the blaming game whenever a player cant win in a tournament? I'm a malaysian and therefore I only know news bout malaysian players/coaches getting blamed/bash when players lost a match. I dont remember reading news that other countries do the same thing. Like, players will blames coaches for giving improper advice during the match, coach put too much pressure on me, therefore cant play my best, doesnt have strong sparring partners, doesnt have to 'feel' and blah blah blah...
    I mean other countries' players lost all the time and do they do all that?
    Since the world championship ended, I've been reading news bout 'should we get a new coach for KKK&TBH?', 'Should we split KKK&TBH up?' and blah blah blah and then the BAM should review this and that, this and that.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

When LD faces LCW, his on court expressions also different when against other opponents. Look at that match again. Don t tell me LD maintained a cool front throughout. If you are looking for evidence to back up your perception, there s always plenty of evidence for ANY perception. Like how the press lifted out G3 scores indicating times when LCW was ahead yet could not close out the match to prove LD s mental edge. Well, they ignored scores when LD was ahead and LCW caught up because those scores would not support their belief.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How can LD ever be a badminton ambassador with his habit of walkover acting and lying? And it s not LD s fault because he s on orders? Well, if he were more passionate about being an ambassador than maximizing endorsements , he would have taken a stand. He can talk all he want about being an ambassador and lose credibility instantly with a walkover. He should just shut up about ambassador talk to prevent further loss of credibility.

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Indeed lol!!!!
    Well spotted

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Yep agreed,
    haters are just fuming cos they lost face, without being able to appreciate a great match between 2 great players.
    If you don't train and play to win then what's the point? LOL should LD just lose to other players so that badminton can be spiced up more? What a joke, the onus should be the playing field leveling up their skills to match the best. There's no point in winning something that is not gained through oneself's hard work.
    You reap what you sow in life, you take what is there and what you worked hard for.

Now that LCW lost again, haters will go on and lambast LD for his other activities in any way possible such as why the hell is he on so many advertisements?!! Why is he the face of propaganda?! OMG communism so terrifyingly bad it's gonna tear the world apart!! He is really the devil's puppet!
    How could LD do this? break thehearts of millions by winning?! slapping the face of the gloaters?! Such a terrible terrible person this Lin Dan is!!
    Only humble looking people deserve to win!!!

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Hmmm... swiss bank account. Interesting. A new and deep dimension. Which tournament goes into swiss bank?

I like that 'hate' thingy. lmao... good one. Give more indepth man info man...

We'll, cant do much when he is the king now. The big basketball guy 'Yao Ming' has just retired. ;)

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Oh no, I did not actually miss out on LD's expressions indicating his stress or doubts or agitation. I noticed the times when he was also perturbed and under a lot of stress. But unlike LCW, that condition was not a constant undercurrent. You see, what was also evident is that he not only had the mental strength and self-belief to deal with the situation, but he made it known to everyone who watched, including his opponent, that he had the psychological and mental arsenal to deal with the situation. That in a nutshell, is what made him the winner at the WC finals. It is what sets him apart from all his contemporaries, and in itself is a great thing. Not even Taufik in his heyday had this implicit, almost arrogant confidence in his own ability to overcome any situation.

Of course, LD is also a great player of legendary status. In pure physical terms however, I still maintain LCW should have wrapped up the match, not necessarily in 2 games, but comfortably nonetheless. The number of times he played uncharacteristically weak shots and remained out of position, especially in the decider, is not the LCW we have been observing the past 6 months. But this is not a question of how powerful the hardware is, if you wish.... its a question of a vulnerable software package that can be exploited by someone who actually knows the source code!

Again, there is alot of stuff that happens in the background to bring about this level of confidence; and it all takes time. CBA has ensured that it created the wherewithal and the intellectual resources to provide this mental conditioning/strengthening for its people; it is a part of the curriculum if you will. But they also plan, plan, plan, they spend a lot of energy in identifying threats and analysing methods, weaknesses, patterns, and then devising/strategizing ways to neutralize the threats. These are not idle phrases. These are ideas that have been put in action, again and again. In badminton, in table tennis, and gradually in every sport that they choose to identify as a premier sport. I think everyone, including the BAs in other countries know this is how it should be done. But they just don't manage to do it, for a number of reasons. Some of those reasons had been discussed in another thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...making-Badminton-as-one-of-China-s-top-sports

9. victory

victory Regular Member

Haters are every where. They actually express hate because they are frustrated people in their life. They are jealous at something/someone else in their life. Most of them are actually losers. Most of them do not know what are they talking about. I suspect some of them don't even see many badminton matches anyway. They just want to yell and have arguments.

LD is hated in China? Wow........... I am a big LCW fan. I don"t know too much about LD. But I don't understand why must LD be hated in China. Didn't he brought back honour for China??

But let me tell you they are a bunch of morons over here hate LCW as well. Believe it or not they can hate a guy that won most badminton titles in the history of Malaysia. They can hate him and criticise him just because sometime he is out of form or lost lost to LD. Look at Lee Chong Wei thread. Someone just posted some youngster ask LCW " Sou Pei la" . They think LCW should get lost.

Haters are everywhere.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well, talking about loving or hating LD or LCW, one thing is for sure:

Take away LD and LCW from the game of badminton. What do you have left? Mediocrity. Total, boring, uninspiring mediocrity. (Sorry Taufik and PG, please forgive me, but you guys are not included in that list of mediocrities. :D)

Its common knowledge that LD doesn't make team tactical decisions like when to tank a game or withdraw or stuff. My only real grouse is that he cannot use his star power or inner conviction to take a hard stance against it. But then I believe OTB put it very well in another thread (can't remember where :( maybe chris-ccc can, he remembers everything! :D) when he said that in China, you either toe the line or you're out. Besides, they have to think of their future, they have nothing but these skills. Many other practical reasons I suppose... Ah well, it's never a perfect world! Look at LCW. His mental weakness is LD. Maybe LD's mental weakness is LYB! :D

Now, all we need to do is find out who LYB's mental weakness is! Hope its not TXH! :D:D:D

11. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Absolutely true! It's sad to think of what state the MS would be like without both LD or LCW unfortunately...
    Previously there were still many players with chances of upsets or victory like the Lee Hyun Il, Hafiz Hashim (when he was ok), Chen Hong (awesome to watch when on form), WCH (prior to injury), Kenneth Jonassen etc...

12. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Well said cobalt..... Yonex and LiNing will definitely try to sweet talk them out of thinking about retiring next year! Like someone else said earlier, they totally dominate badminton and represent the pinnacle and golden years of the sport thus far. Just like Woods was in golf, Gretzky in hockey, Fedderer in tennis, Schumacher in F1, Armstrong in cycling, etc.

13. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Do you think the marketing guys of those big companies are all idiot to choose LD if he is hated in China? If so, those marketing guys will all be fired.

Why don't you just say you hate Lin Dan?

Please give a name list of Chinese badminton players and coaches hate LD and left China team.

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

15. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I'd like to thank LCW for his awesome game this week, as using it for tactical information and plain old inspiration, I played the best and smartest game of singles tonight I've ever played, and won 21:15 / 21:11 against a guy I've never beaten before.

I owe you a beer.

:D

16. laonong

laonong Regular Member

You won't vote for Peter Gade if I show you one video when he played with Cheng Long.

17. victory

victory Regular Member

18. victory

victory Regular Member

I have no doubt LCW is good. But you said you can play LCW's tactical game plan??

Well, show it on you tube.

19. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Which tournament was that? Even ambassadors are humans. In fact, we can't have robot ambassadors.

20. laonong

laonong Regular Member

I do not want to ruin his perfect image in your mind.