eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Feb 11, 2004.

1. ckaSVEN

ckaSVEN Regular Member

I thought the guy purposely put the shipping and handling up because of it. Like those other eBay auctions that have a buy it now for $5, and a shipping and handling of like $100. I didn't hear about the site until someone emailed me back in another city (about 1 hour away) because I was asking him what he though about it, and what time his badminton club met at. :\

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I was in China for a week in September and I have to say that genuine racquets are pretty expensive there as well. I forgot how much anything was but I was suprised. I guess it really depends where in China. I was at a smaller city GuiYang and the prices were a fair bit more expensive than Hong Kong. As for the so called "clones" on ebay...its all BS. There is no such thing as a clone from OEM factories in China. If that was the case, the butt of the racquet should say "China" instead of Japan. Like always, beware if things seem too good to be true.

3. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

I am sorry to hear you say that you only got to of know this site after you bought it. I don't know if USD50 is a lot of money for you but, if not, you could take this as a lesson learnt and get another genuine racket (Yonex or otherwise). If it is then, depending on how good or bad the fake is, then I would either bin it or keep it as a spare for knocking around. If it is as head heavy as the Nanospeed my friend got, then you would feel it and risk injury especially for a beginner.

There are real Yonex rackets to be found on Ebay but, for me, I would steer clear of all the China sellers and be very careful with other Yonex sellers. Learn to read the serial numbers and what to look out for in fakes. Asking questions on Ebay, and on here, **before buying** is a good thing. Until you know what to look for, I would advise not to buy Yonex on Ebay.

As you are in a club, ask if your friends would mind lending you their racket so you can knock a few shuttles with it. If it's a reasonable sized club you should find a racket you like. Don't be too bothered about the name.

Better luck on your next racket and, as a beginner to this game, I hope you find it as beautiful as most/all of us do.

4. ckaSVEN

ckaSVEN Regular Member

Yeah, well you learn from your mistakes. So next time I'm buying a racket, I'm definitely talking about it on here first :D

I'm not in any club officially, but the only Colorado clubs I can seem to find are from http://www.northwestbadminton.org/colorado.php So I've been emailing the people on there to see if they still meet up and everything since I guess the site hasn't updated the page in awhile. The only club I've checked out so far only had about 8 or so members, and I think all of them only brought 1 racket, unless they had other ones in their cars.

The Pikes Peak Badminton Club on the site said it's better to not go there because they're all really good and they don't have any beginners :rolleyes: But there's a club that plays for 4 hours every Thursdays that's about 45 minutes away that I think I'll check out with a friend or 2 because I think they have more players, so I'll definitely ask around there if I can see other people's rackets. Thanks.

5. AWDracer

AWDracer Regular Member

Student
    Hi there, please confirm for me this racquet before I buy it. Thanks a lot to everyone who's helping!

---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----
    racket model: Yonex Nanospeed 7000

shaft serial: 7012141
    cone code : 100775CD
    source : BC Forumer
    price : $ 160 CAD (not paid yet)

Thanks!

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Which member is it?

7. AWDracer

AWDracer Regular Member

Student
    It's not you or your friend. Also note, I am ALSO buying the racquet that you guys are selling too.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well if you want any members to help you in the future, it's in best interest to answer.

9. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If you reserve the racket first then it doesn't matter because you are first priority to the seller. Just give the BC member name

10. AWDracer

AWDracer Regular Member

Student
    Alright here's the post again with the BC forummer's name on it.

I think this is a legitimate racquet, but I'd just like to be sure. Oh and any help on it will be most appreciated. Thanks people.

racket model: Yonex Nanospeed 7000
    shaft serial: 7012141
    cone code : 100775CD
    source : BC Forumer blahz
    price : $ 160 CAD (not paid yet)

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    AWDracer,

Just to clarify, we also wanted the member's name to know if they are a credible or reliable person as well if you were wondering.

12. Sonu B

Sonu B Regular Member

Hi i live in canada and want to order a racket from tennisnuts. I want to know is it safe for me to order it frim there. Hasanyone oreedered from there ever. I want to get the carlton fireblade iso tour.
    thx

13. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

14. Cogarhen

Cogarhen Regular Member

15. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
  16. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
  17. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

This is almost cetainly a fake.
    But he's smarter than the average toerag by showing an almost credible price.
    But several other faker's traits are ringing my alarm bells already, and no, I do not wish to elaborate.

If you REALLY want to know I'd ask the seller:
    1) Confirm whether it is fake/oem or genuine.
    2) Show me photos of the racket from top to bottom.
    3) Show a pic of the serial number.
    4) Assure me that this is the racket I will get if I win.
    5) If he says it is genuine, does he accept returns if it is a fake/oem, and refund all my costs.

But I wouldn't bother. I'd look elsewhere for that elusive genuine racket being sold at a good price. I'd bet my genuine nuts (hazel) that this is a fake.

18. Cogarhen

Cogarhen Regular Member

Klc28- Thanks a lot. What you said totally makes sense to me. I will just look somewhere elase.

19. AWDracer

AWDracer Regular Member

Student
    I think also to point out with ebay fakes is that even if this one is designed very accurately to the real one (being priced at 99 USD), all those fake ebay sellers will mark as a "gift (lower than USD)". They will make it seem like they're doing you a favour so that you won't get taxed with the customs but I think it's to protect themselves seeing that they're pocketting 99 USD from it.

I'm sure it's a fake though. Ask for the cone code and the serial numbers. Only Yonex knows whether or not those racquets are fake. Don't be fooled by his 1000+ rep.

20. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    There is not even an actual picture of the racket. Although having "real" racket pictures does not prove anything but stay away for sure if the seller does not have actual pictures of the racket. Or better yet, stay away from ebay for Yonex rackets but there are several ebay sellers who in fact, do sell genuine rackets.