APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i don't know about the statistics but the common problems are the weight and BP. ever seen a headlight lethal? :p

2. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

In US/CANADA prices are high but the products are same/slightly different and have new names. It all depends on the skills.

3. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Oh really!? I did not know we had different names. Is that why I have never seen any Stern lines on the website? Do you know what the corresponding names are for all the rackets that are the same thing but have different names elsewhere? Also, what do you mean when you said "It all depends on the skills."? Though, I am quite relieved by hearing what ziggy87 said as the main problems being the weight and distribution of that weight (balance point). I would assume EVERY other racket you buy out there would have the same differences as there is no such thing as perfection or an identical replica to another racket. I guess that the only thing with Apacs is that as someone said the quality control is not that great so the margins for error are just slightly greater. Sorry about asking soooo many questions here and on many other threads of this board but I am just trying to do as much research on the rackets I am about to buy and try to suck out as much information from this board through all its intelligent and experienced members so the information does not go to waste.

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

You got me wrong. Not flawed but just loose specs. E.g. the rackets are supposed to be 4U but can have different weight and balance. If you look at Sir Dink's rackets, instead of tightening the tolerance, he listed them out to help the buyers decide. Sir Dink's practice is far better than tightening the tolerance since it is really not possible given the variation in material/epoxy.

If the racket is flawed, look to warranty replacements :D

5. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I am skeptical about the durability of APACS products. I have experiences.
    Before spending so much money please make sure they do not have structural flaws. It will be difficult to do that when you buy online. It is a wise idea to buy 5-6 (for the same price instead of just 2). Buy less costly APACS racket which has almost same or slightly different specifications. I am sure you can easily overcome such minor difference (like BP, weights, frame shape, shaft flex) by your skills.

6. a_tabassum

a_tabassum Regular Member

work
    what is diffrence between yonex nanospeed 800 and yonex nanospeed 800 SP/IP
    i mean what is SP/IP ? thanks for reply

7. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

its Apacs thread...
    but IP and SP are the codes of the rackets, i mean you can see from where thy are bought.
    SP=Singapore

8. a_tabassum

a_tabassum Regular Member

work
    thanks and sorry for error

9. PapA_xlonG

PapA_xlonG Regular Member

Student
    SP-Singapore and Malaysia
    IP-Indonesia

10. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Can you add the string tensions + rating for durability (cracks in shaft and frame, cracks in grip handle, noises etc)

About vissible hollow -
    If you cut any rackets, you will see that they all have cylindrical hole along the vertical axis of the shaft. In visible hollow, the T-joints and grip woods is designed in a way so that one can see the hollow.

11. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Yes , the visible hollow , it is the sight I dont like , (the clear butt cap ) ...I like rackets that look simple .
    Cannot really rate their durability because I had the AMP95 for years and the shaft snapped .

the L70 and T200 I only have those for a few months and they are in perfect condition even I tend to overuse the T200 (for both singles and doubles) . The durability of the paintwork are much much better than the high-end Yonex , even after a few mis-hit and picking up shuttles , there are not much paint chip.

The L70 was strung at 23lbs with Ashaway Microlegend xl
    AMP was strung at 23lbs with '' ''
    T200 was strung at 22lbs with Ash-away Zymax 67

12. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Thanks for all your replies again! Weeyah, I understood what you were talking about when you said the specs were different, I guess it was just a wrong choice of wording for me. Though I did not understand what you were talking about when you mentioned Sir Dink, could you please link me to the page? Also, for what sxg2009, I have read MANY reviews on the t300 and l70 with them being amazing rackets, just like your reply section in your second post. Even though it does not show the t300, it shows the t200 and I have read that they are pretty much the same thing except the t300 is SLIGHTLY better which is pretty good when the t200 was given a 9.5 and the l70 an 8. The thing with your suggestion of buying five or six different rackets for the same price I would pay for the t300/l70 is that through all my research, I have not come across many posts on any of the other rackets so I have no idea what they are like and the t300/l70 combo looks PERFECT for me as it is the price of a mid-range Yonex racket for two top-end rackets. I just want to figure out if there are any stores in the Toronto area that would sell these rackets so that I could put them in my hands and feel them before I buy them. Even though they ship everything out of Markham, I do not know if they allow me to pick up the rackets instead of having it sent.

13. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    But if you want a singles racket than I would rate L70 higher than an 8 because of the power , the review I done is for the racket overall performance for both singles and doubles. BTW , I am only an intermediate player , so Sir Dink review (since he is an advance player) may be slightly different ..but I guess it is good from both point of view.

Tantrum 200 is a fantastic racket

14. MrKapow!

MrKapow! New Member

Student
  15. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Hey, thanks for your reply again! I am only an intermediate player as well and Sir Panda has not yet rated the two rackets yet though I keep hearing that the Tantrum 200 is very similar to the Tantrum 300, but 300 is slightly better, is that correct? Anyways, the package for both the t300 and l70 just keep sounding better and better so I will probably end up buying it. Hehe! I am sooo excited! I am using a Carlton Airblade 500 Ti which is an ancient racket and thought it is time for a great upgrade!

16. blue_agave

blue_agave Regular Member

na
    what is the difference between the 3 racket?
    Their description seems the same.

1. Tantrum Light Exclusive
    2. Lethal Light Special
    3. Lethal Light 1.10

17. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    so Lethal 6 and 7 is out

faster swinging?

18. fariz80

fariz80 Regular Member

Are you still using lethal 50? So is that you bought is fake or not? BTW how does it feel? Powerful racket?

19. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i think that's just old and new version

20. chann

chann Regular Member

:)

Some stuff that i came across.

Apacs Sponsored players (Gan TC & Tan BS) from Malaysia played in All England Quarter Final 2010 with ...

Apacs lethal 70
    Apacs Armour Muscle Pro 101

Source : Apacs canada/usa facebook.