Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. pejantan

pejantan Regular Member

i think misbun ramdan better than arif and ZZ....look at his footwork, just like mini lin dan...his cross court net just like hendrawan, unfortunately he still lack of stamina and power...if he has will i think he will have bright future...when he face tommy at axiata, he always control the game, but he look to relax so tommy can kill him

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I guess the main problem is that all of us expected way too much from Zulfadli after he defeated Viktor Axelsen. Many of us (including myself) have compared him to Viktor and the exposure that Viktor has obtained. I didn't agree to having ZZ being in the TC reserve spot, because I also think that he is simply not ready but the quarters who are calling for it are again probably comparing him to Viktor who earned his spot.

Winning the AJC and WJC is a burden that he has to shoulder. The burden of expectation is already there; it can be used as an excuse this time. But if he cannot shoulder this burden... there will be no champion.

BAM should be laughing at Zul's dad now for suggesting that Zulfadli be a reserve in the Thomas Cup Squad now. Although someone said that the moral of the story is not to demand this and that, I would think that he wouldn't even get a chance in the Axiata Cup if Zul's dad didn't voice out. Zul's dad did the right thing(getting BAM's attention and putting pressure on them) but it would be the wrong decision if BAM wants to include him in TC. Sounds contradictory but it actually makes sense.

#682 undeadshot, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Placing ZZ on Axiata Cup team is a good choice by BAM, since they are able to assess ZZ performance on a Team event, before calling him up as a backup MS in TC Squad..

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

On the underlined part, smart, you young2 already know these sports politics stuff.;);)
    Well, there were also some of us who thought now is not Zul's time in TC, including myself. Having watched Iskandar before, I felt Iskandar at 19 was better than Zul. Now, you all saw Iskandar & Ramdan, know what qualities they have.

Part of the concern was Zul will also slip into oblivion, like Iskandar before Axiata. Iskandar was in the limelight when he got AJC, WJC runner up, then suddenly so quiet. Ramdan also, he did not achieve much result at international stage (as in not winning titles like Tommy) until I wondered if he should have followed Misbun when Misbun quit BAM. And before that you all know Arif's case & where he is now

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Zul is so thankful and grateful for KLRC

That is why Zulfadli ZULKIFFLI is so thankful and grateful for KLRC sending him to tournaments.

Without KLRC, Zul might not get a chance to play in any tournament, let alone at the AJC and/or the WJC.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Let's see if Zul can make it into the TOP 50 BWF Rankings in 2012

Just minutes ago, at the Round of 64 of the 2012 Australian Open, Zulfadli ZULKIFFLI lost to an experienced player, Alamsyah YUNUS (INA) [15], 17-21, 12-21 in 39 minutes.

I am sure that KLRC will still continue sending him to more tournaments to gain more experience.

If Zul was with BAM, it could be the end of him (for Malaysia).

Let's see if Zul can make it into the TOP 50 BWF Rankings in 2012.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hiyaa chris, you gave me a shock. I thought so fast Zul is top 100. Zul is currently ranked 110.
    Iskandar is #131

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's better not to put so much expectation first, considering the other BAM players that are ranked in the top 50 are only Daren Liew and Chong Wei Feng. Mohd Arif Abdul Latif is now at no 51.

A more realistic target will be the top 75. Let's face it, he's only turning 20 this year.

He should also target more IC/GP level tourneys and win those first, before joining GPG-level tourneys.

9. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Zulfadli just lost to another INA player this time is Yunus in AUS Open, this is my opinion of Zulfadli's performance

#689 ngkt67, Apr 3, 2012
  10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

you used too many words heheheheh

here let me fill in the blanks
    yunus is 26 years, ranked no 33 and had participated in oodles of tournaments...

zz is 19 yrs old ranked 110 and has participated in a handful of tournaments

some people rise mercurially others more slowly.. (fingers crossed)

#690 pajrul, Apr 3, 2012
  11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    cant blame someone to have very very very high expectation on him

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MAS badminton fans and BAM should be grateful that at least KLRC is sending Zul to participate in overseas tourneys, instead of treating KLRC as a competitor. It's way too early to tell whether Zul can make it big, but at least, KLRC sticks to its promise of grooming him and that itself deserves some credit.

This year is always going to be a transitional year for Zul as he switches from junior to senior circuit. Just take a look at Tian Hou Wei (WJC winner 2009). He's even ranked below Zul at no 197 and has yet to win a senior-level title, despite his supposedly good talent. He also lost in R64 of Aussie Open today against the HKG veteran player Hu Yun.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Tian Houwei felt very disappointed when eliminated in Day 1

Yes, Tian Houwei felt very disappointed to be the first CHN team member to make an exit from the 2012 Australian Open.

14. julianng

julianng Regular Member

ZZ is overrated. His level of play is behind LIew Darren, Iskandar, Arif, Ramdan,Chan Kwong Beng,Chong Wei Feng, Hafiz, WCH etc.... the list goes on and on... (that's right) and on......

I don't know how he defeated viktor axelson in the WC. If he play a rematch right now... definitely VIKtor will whip this guys ass in straight sets(less than 10 points each).

15. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    I mentioned on earlier post (last year to be exact) that ZZ's father should not yap to much to BAM about giving his son a chance to spar with LCW, a spot for tournaments,etc when he just won the WJC as this would create too much tensions and attracts harsh critics alike.

ZZ, Ramdan, Iskandar, Wei Feng, Li Lian, all so called back up/young/little known players of MAS are not there yet and are far behind comparing to other countries' with the same batch (harsh reality we have to accept) but no need to kick them down when they already are but support them ...whatever problems they have I only wish the best for them, and yes that goes to BAM too, which I pray their management will get better and will get truly qualified, 'honest' people to manage the assoc......maybe someone like limsy :p

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Akicham,

Your post is very true and I agree to it except the ones in BOLD. How do you know he is honest? :D:p

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Aikachan has faith in limsy to manage BAM, so do I. :D

18. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Well, that's why I put the word 'honest' this way LOL. But surely there must be other qualified people out there better than current BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Md Salleh, which baffled me til' today on how did an ex-chairman of Proton get to be president in the first place. Moreover, who appointed him?

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    of course money appointed him,proton was the MAJOR sponsor back then
    u might see another person who related with maybank as the president in future
    hehe

btw,thanks for the support.

20. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

So my suspicion is answered then, MONEY. You're welcome btw limsy :D

Wasnt LCW's company amongst the sponsor for the national tourney this year? So will LCW have the chance to expand his company in time to become the major sponsor before CEO from Maybank, owner of Astro, manager of 100Plus or Phiten/Jati/Samsung take over BAM? :p

If thats how the selection works, I'll go for someone from Yonex, 100Plus or Phiten, y'know, sports related one. Not a guarantee for a better BAM though........