RKEP PRO6000 PRO9000 badminton racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Squash Eric, Feb 4, 2012.

1. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Posted my review of the Xp-70 in the new thread, for those who are interested.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Whoa! Eric has the heavier frames for all the XP series on his RKEP ebay website... :D

Time to order some more. :D

4. ccyuri

ccyuri Regular Member

Hello all

I have been playing with two different colors of PRO9000 (blue , green) for 5 hours.
    They have different racket head shapes.
    Blue PRO9000 is rounder and Green PRO9000 is the usual isometric head shapes
    Is there any difference in performance ? sweet spot ? power ?
    (i assume the racket head is rounder due to different string tension pattern)
    [MENTION=61591]Squash Eric[/MENTION]

5. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    I am not aware that there is a blue version of the racket. I know green, red, and teal and I have one of each. They look exactly the same. Is it possible that you have one PRO6000 and one PRO9000?

6. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

blue = teal

7. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I received my 2 9000PRO rackets in October 2012 and yesterday I had a competition match and broke one of my rackets. So I emailed Eric to see if he could do something and it doesn't meet the 'compensation conditions' he said.
    So it's weird that 6 months after I bought them it's already broken. I never hit it on the floor. I wanted to smash and without even hitting the shuttle the grip broke and the frame touched the floor. I only had the grip in my hands. The point before I already heared a sound and I thought it was the string but I didn't see anything so I continued playing and right after that it arrived.

Hereunder the pictures

20130310221006.jpg 20130310221035.jpg 20130310221046.jpg 20130310221104.jpg 20130310221441.jpg 20130310221457.jpg

The cracks in the head of the frame are when the frame hit the ground.
    I'm sad because I love this racket. I also have the XP60 and XP70 and I prefer playing with this 9000PRO. I was planning to buy 3x 9000PRO again but Eric is not even bothering taking this seriously so I'm questioning myself...

8. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    Pretty devastating damage to both the handle and the frame. I must beg your pardon, I do not completely understand what really happened given the way you described it. My guess is that the wood could not stand up to the torque of the swing and splintered. Similar to Sho Sasaki's racket. Why the frame would crack without any weight behind it, since it already parted with the handle when it landed on the floor, is a puzzle to me.

That said, I think this is a first reported instance of PRO9000 breaking by itself. I play doubles with it and had numerous clashes and have to say that this is one of the most durable racket I have used.

#528 soulless, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  9. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

You understood well. I was in the back of the court and my racket was behind me ready to hit the shuttle. When I hit the shuttle with a downwards movement the frame broke and came off my grip. Due to the clash on the ground the head cracked at 2 points. One thing I'm sure it that the racket was always well threated and kept in excellent conditions.

Source of bad wood? Bad production?

10. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    Since this is the Turkey blue batch it it is the earliest ones made by Eric. I think the wood all came from the same source but could be wrong. I think the major manufacturers such as Victor only offer warranty for a few months, but if the damage is to the handle from normal use then they would replace at discretion.

11. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

Ok, I was thinking the same. This is something I could not be responsible for. If I had clashed the frame to the ground it would have cracked but here it's the wood that was not strong enough or had a 'fault'?

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's really unfortunately as from the description i see no fault in your part.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

With such a devastating death grip and user name, are you perhaps related to King Kong? ;)

14. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

No, not all but when a shuttle must fall to ground it must :)

That all said, Eric, as an active member, didn't reply on this one yet...

15. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I have also the red orange color of 9000PRO but I have not that good 'feeling' that I had with my blue turkey colored 9000PRO. The head frame seems to be different, can it be? Anyone that saw that too?
    I want to order a new blue one (because I have a few matches in the next weeks) but they are all sold out :(

#535 kingskawn, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  16. visor

visor Regular Member

Review update

Review update:

Just got a heavier xp70 (listed 87g 297mm, measured 86.2g 297mm, head wt 38.0g).
    As compared to my first xp70 (listed 85g 297mm, measured 84.1.g 297mm, head wt 37.7g).

Now this is the perfect wt for me. :) Slightly slower due to the increased mass, but still fast in defence due to the aero frame, and has much more noticeable heft on drives, smashes, clears, backhands, and power shots. Wrist shots are amazingly easy to execute for some reason; just think, and it's there.

Strung with zm62 at 23 lbs, powerful, fast, accesible, accurate and stable, this is now my go-to racket over my Revelation, Precision Pro, and MX70. This is an amazingly excellent racket! How does Eric do it so well?

I also ordered a few other ones (xp60, 70, 80) for a few of my friends to try out. One is to replace a NR700rp that I clashed with and broke :(, and the others are to replace an aging AT900T and MP45. I think I got the correct specs matching their rackets, and I'll know what they think of them when they play tomorrow night. :D

17. visor

visor Regular Member

18. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Anyone suggest an RKEP racket similar to BS LYD? Preferably just as fast but punchier. I am addicted to fast flat play and smashing (but to a lesser extent) so am looking for a racket that could boost my back court effectiveness without sacrificing driving.

19. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    Maybe you can get a more head heavy XP70? Check out link in the previous message by Visor and you will see a lot of discussion on that racket.

20. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    When I checked his EBay page and PM him, the system replies Eric is away till 8Jun.