Nguyễn Tiến Minh - Vietnam's Hottest!

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Loh, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hdson, nice to hear from you. Where are you now? Two years already since we last met.

Yes, Nicky has graduated and his future seems secure. We're now trying to get him and other good badminton players who have graduated from a university into our Club officially on special terms..

Hope to see you soon. :)

2. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    What club is that?

3. kira_ayumi

kira_ayumi New Member

Is there any picture of other player such as Nguyen Quang Minh,Le Ngoc Nguyen Nhung or Nguyen Thi Binh Tho?

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

5. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

What is the name of the Club and venue? I was lucky enough to see Nicky played in the NUS tournament three years ago. My friends lost to him in the 1st round of men doubles.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Nicky graduated from the NUS (National University of Singapore) with first-class honours in computer science this year and is now working for a multi-national corporation. I think he was the captain of the NUS Badminton team. He comes across as a very polite and humble young man during the time that I had the opportunity of interacting with him through the game of badminton.

Personally, I'm very proud of Nicky because he has proven to us that you can combine sports and studies and still do well in both. It must have been difficult but he succeeded. And of course not many could do this. You need to be exceptional! ;)

In fact, I think Nicky was Vietnam's National Singles Champion in 2000 before he came to Singapore to study. He must be in his late teens then.

The badminton club scene in Singapore is such that the more established clubs have a lion's share of the better players like ex-national players and past champions of not only Singapore but of China and Indonesia in particular. In this respect, the Chinese Swimming Club comes to mind as the most successful as it is able to offer preferential terms to attract such players. As such, CSC is the strongest badminton club in Singapore, followed by its counterpart the Singapore Swimming Club and other lesser known ones.

I have proposed to my club, the NUSS (National University of Singapore Society), to offer a similar incentive scheme to attract good players in order that we could give our friendly rivals a run for their money in competitions and tournaments. Right now, we are not quite up to their standards. One difficult qualification is that the member must be a graduate from a recognized university, apart from being good in badminton. So, if the scheme is accepted, we will try to attract good players from the NUS team or other Singapore university teams like the NTU, SMU or foreign universities. Of course once Nicky's nomination is approved, currently a decision is pending, we will probably try to woo players of a similar calibre, young men or women.

Although our Badmintno Team does not have a permanent home at present, we will not have to wait too long, probably by latest 2009, before we get at least 3 courts of our own at our Kent Ridge clubhouse.

As most would probably know, our NUSS Kent Ridge Guild House (KRGH) is now undergoing a massive transformation in conjunction with the building of a brand new (NUS) Alumni House next to our current site. The new KRGH will be a multi-storey building and the multi-purpose hall (in which our badminton courts will be housed) will probably be on the third level together with the gym. We will have a full complement of facilities, including F&B, to host friendly or league competitions:) .

If you are a graduate and like to play badminton, come and join us as we now have an attractive membership drive to make your application worthwhile. Hurry up before applications close on 31 December this year. I will most certainly be too pleased to introduce you. :p

#26 Loh, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  7. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Hi Loh, thanks for the info. May I know which day and what time your club play badminton? I would like to join your club but I need to check the schedule first as I already have 2 sessions on Sunday, 1 session on Saturday and Wednesday.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Unfortunately, our team plays on Sundays too, from 4-6 pm, sometimes earlier from 3 pm. But please take advantage of the attractive membership drive first. Let me know. ;)

9. modious

modious Regular Member

Yeah Loh and gang were pretty good and friendly. Had a great time that day. I believe there're others who are better but did not turn up. :eek:

So the special membership drive ends this Dec?? What abt in 2009-2010? :D

#29 modious, Dec 24, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  10. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Hi Loh, can give more details about the membership drive?

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I've PM you on the details. You got to act quick if you're interested as the closing date is 4 days away! ;)

12. nghutien

nghutien Regular Member

Yes, we have a hottest girl named Le Ngoc Nguyen Nhung...

13. No one

No one Regular Member

wow thanks for reviving this thread. I really like tien minh, I think he and sho sazaki are really the most interesting players coming up on the international circuit now....tien minh was excellent last year in the China masters (?) where he won bronze--I was really impressed. And at the all england this year against taufik he was excellent. He's wonderful at flat play.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    any pics:confused::D:D

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Cooler is fast when it comes to girl yea??:D:D

16. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The Bravest

After a first-round win over Denmark's Jan Jorgensen, Vietnam's Nguyen Tien Minh was not expected to go any further as his next opponent was the formidable, merciless and rangy Chen Yu.

But nothing could have prepared Chen Yu for the defeat in store. The wily Vietnamese seemed to be on skates as he outran the fastest shots the frontline Chinese player could muster.

A round ahead and facing the savvy Peter Gade, Nguyen Tien Minh found that luck had cruelly deserted him. Although his amazing speed didn't fail him, his shots began to go that extra unneeded inch. The points fell away - and despite his best efforts to haul it back into line, the match went to the Dane.

My vote for 'Bravest Player of the Singapore Open 2008' goes to Nguyen Tien Minh, who came with neither a coach nor a posse of lieutenants or team members but with just a battered bag, well-worn shoes, two old NS-9000s and plenty of courage.

PS: If anyone has Nguyen's contact information, please let me know :)
    There are a few Singaporeans who would like to help him in some way.

Attached Files:

17. nghutien

nghutien Regular Member

Yes, I will try to get it and keep you posted. Thanks for your information.

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Tien Minh is a very disipline player.

19. nghutien

nghutien Regular Member

I'm looking for some his tournament match but not available in sharing video. :(

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Tien Minh versus Peter Gade

NTM had a good workout with PG during the Aviva Open Singapore 2008 although he finally lost in 3 games.

Attached Files: