Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Young Zul is born in USA but bred in Malaysia to Malaysian dad. The genes is what counts. If I remember correctly, Zul's mother is from Indonesia? So, Zul can also represent his mum's country? Multiple representation, LOL.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now will INA be interested? Maybe not since they have plentiful of about ZZ's standard.

What a wonderful choice - USA, MAS (sorry maybe should be KLRC) or INA!
    Which one will provide the most incentives? :confused: :D

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I don't know the answer to this question. You have to ask him what passport does he hold now. As for the earlier question, I don't understand how one can you be considered as foreign talent when one represent his/her country of birth. What is foreign? How do you define foreign? I am done with this issue.

We don't know what are the incentives offered by these countries. ZZ and team should know and maybe it's more than that. Maybe it's the love towards that country.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Loh is only teasing and having a sly dig at his fellow Singaporeans.:)

UK has a tradition of foreign born talents representing them as well. Athletics and wrestling.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I was thinking that Loh was also wishing that Singapore would try to get ZZ to play for Singapore. :p:p:p

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    AFAIK, Loh has no issues with foreign players representing Singapore.

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    What a shame. Someone should go and post it in najib fb. That will wake him up. ;)

Zulkifli insisted his son was not demanding the incentives but found it strange how quickly Sea Games medal-winners were rewarded in a pomp affair.

Anyway, I posted it on Njib fb. See if he's still thinking of elections. ;)

#347 extremenanopowe, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I am sorry to deflate ZZ. It s great he s the first Malaysian to be a WJC MS champion but at the WJC level, it s like being a kindergarten champion. He has a long way to go and he wants to jump queue. His dad knows all about opportunities speeding up progress. ZZ probably has more tournament experience than his opponents in the WJC. He s outstanding in some ways but he will not even come near LCW because he does not have LCW s speed.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

That's consistent with my impression of Loh as well. It's some of his fellow Singaporeans that have a problem;)

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I think it's fair to say the guy is still developing. Saina is slower than her contemporaries but compensates with other areas of her game. I agree there is still a long way to go - interest may wane, injuries may take it's toll etc.

But I don't have a problem with exposure at team events. I think a young player to travel with a team (although may not play) can only serve as an inspiration and give experience in later years. Obviously, the formula doesn't work with all players, but what better is there? And if you are not going to consider him for the opportunity, who do you consider? State champion, National junior champion, national junior squad vs world junior champion

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

If follow seniority, even Iskandar & Loh WS, the AJC runner up, have not gone for TC. So, following the pecking order, they should get to go 1st. Zul, 2014 perhaps.
    Denmark is different, they have even greater lack of MS players. Plus, I read in the threads Victor went on his own/his club's expense, not officially part of national team during 2010 TC. Unless you mean Zul's sponsors pay for him to go(price of gold is good now, Andrew Kam :D:D),but not in the offcial list of players

#351 eaglehelang, Dec 13, 2011
  12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now naughty, naughty Chris. We welcome Msians who are qualified and willing to work in Spore as well as other foreign talents.

But when it comes to sports, I think our leaders will have to acknowledge the political sensitivities to avoid negative outcomes.

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    It is good to have a leadership mentality. Meaning, LCW should be close to him to give him tips. ;) Just like LD and CL. ;)

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

:D:D:D Even if ZZ's father (and KLRC) agree with ZZ to play for Singapore, SBA may not agree.

Why? Because I believe that ZZ still insists to remain;
    (1) as an independent player,
    (2) attached to KLRC, and
    (3) to be coached by his father.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well I'm not so sure. As change is the only constant these days, we can't be too sure of the future. If the incentives are overwhemingly in favor of ZZ to help him achieve his targets quickly, his dad should have no reason to insist he must play for MAS, especially if BAM keeps on stalling and continues its wrangling with KLRC.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Who gave LCW tips when he was younger? WCH? ZZ probably has more tournament exposure than even Arif, so he s ahead in some ways but is he better yet? I doubt so. Sometimes it s better to take the bus to a destination than to get chaffeured. May take longer to reach but also more likely to know the direction and texture of the route.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

After reading the article again, I found that it's ZZ to make the decision, not his dad nor KLRC.

18. athram1010

athram1010 Regular Member

freelance
    by putting his into the thomas cup.. it will encourage him to train harder ... it also will improved his game as he had the opportunity sparring with lee chong wei

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    As stated, what about the other national trainees ahead of him who do not have a chance yet? They also have the talent since they have been accepted into the national team and they also need such exposure to invigorate and inspire them to do better.

Maybe a common selection trial among the prospects just before major events like the TU based purely on merit is the way to go.

20. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

Too much, too soon. How about ZZ wins one or two GP Golds first before insisting that he be in the Thomas Cup squad? Or spar against all the BAM singles players in their stable in a selection process? And make it public. If he wins, great. If not, he'll come back down to Earth soon enough.

#360 Voltric, Dec 13, 2011