Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

and Nicole David also!!!

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there is one thing that lcleing stat was wrong.
    the 199 weeks world number one was from 2008 august to 2012 june.
    after reclaiming the top spot,that is another 16 weeks already.
    dont think he will drop from the current spot for the 2013 year.

3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    This is what I think of DLCW. No other pictures can describe better than this.

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Good pix but you forgot the LEADING TANK is LIN DAN ... splat ..........

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this might get deleted.:eek:

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You forgot the bigger ones : LCW is 1st Msia Men's Singles OG silver medalist. Rashid won the bronze. He is 1st Msia athlete to win 2 OG medals.
    So, every 4 years during OG you can hear them list out Msia OG medalist, LCW's name will be mentioned for generations to come, same as Pandelela as 1st Msia female to win OG medal.

7. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Wat would get deleted? I cannot see what pic I'm posting myself :confused:
    I tried to edit my post, but 15 mins already passed. :(

For everyone confused 'bout the picture I posted, it depicts.... er, a wushu warrior destroying a tank. :p

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    luckily i have the ability of future sight
    hehe;)

9. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LCW finally got a walkover in a SS tournament when BP ‘gifted’ him a free ride in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round of the 2013 Malaysia Open with a no-show. With that, LCW moved on to the QF round.
    However, overall, the Chinese players have been more fortunate in getting walkovers. CJ did not even have to play in the final of the 2011 Singapore Open and CL and LD have been getting numerous walkovers which helped them win various titles.

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

really? because i remember LD had never receive WOs in the final of Olympics, World Championship, Asian Games, All England, and maybe some other tournaments. so which WOs helped him win those titles?

about LCW just receive 1 WO compare to the chinese players, each player has their own luck lah. you can see from the other perspective too, that CJ just won some titles compare to LCW's? :D

11. eaglehelang

LD and CL have received and given walkovers to compatriots during OG qualfying tournaments, SS tournaments, on a consistent basis. The most famous of course was the 2008 AE title which was said to be gifted by LD to Chen Jin so CJ could qualify for OG 2008. It was not a walkover but good Oscar performance :D. Who was LD up against during OG semifinals? None other than CJ. LD had his team mates to accompany him ,other players dont.
    China wanted so much for MS to have 3 qualifiers for OG, they did everything possible so it could happen, ask yourself why.

Oh, walkovers, LD gave one to Chen Jin again during Spore 2011, OG qualfication period

This has given them more time to rest and achieved better results, better rankings. Sure they didnt & cant do the walkover thing during major tounament semi finals or finals. Something like the WD disqualification during OG 2012 would have happened, that was not even walkover. It does not have to walkover but we have seen some Oscar winning performances either way

#9151 eaglehelang, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  12. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

You, me and the whole world knows about this. Don't let some people's clouded vision raise your blood pressure.

Even the super choreographed withdrawals in the recent Korea Open is considered valid. Rational minded people know that the statistical chances of that happening is almost infinite.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Surely we're not going to start another war of words over this subject again, are we?

In the first place, what has Lee CW receiving a walkover from Boonsak got to do with Chen Jin and Lin Dan that their names have to be dragged in when nobody has said a word against it?

Furthermore, we know for a fact that Lin Dan has never benefited from any walkover or receive 'special or unfair' help from anyone in any way. Why try to discredit him and be in denial about his true greatness?

Didn't the fact that the legendary Peter Gade no less paid Lin Dan the highest tribute in personally inviting him and no one else to play his Farewell Match and hosted him at his home in Denmark prove something? Are you saying Peter Gade is wrong abut Lin Dan? Even the great Lee CW has to admit Lin Dan's greatness after the London Olympics when he said 'there's only one Lin Dan'. Did he ever give any of those excuses or try to insinuate that Lin Dan was involved in some shady deals that helped him win a few of his matches that some of you are trying to do here anonymously in this forum? Who are you trying to fool, yourself?

And about that LOG WD fiasco, every time the matter is brought up, only the two CHN WD players are mentioned as if the other six, four from KOR and two from INA were not involved. To make matters worse, the unfortunate incident was blamed on the eight players who were hapless victims but made to look like villains when they were not disqualified for cheating per se as some still insist till today but for 'not putting in their best effort' and 'bringing the sport to disrepute'. Whatever, it is time to let go, let the dead bury the dead, and move on, stop living in the past.

Why can't we all be more rational, broadminded, fair,objective,balanced and give credit where due, praise where deserved, recognition where earned? At least we can be less biased, prejudiced,petty, narrow-minded and resentful. I know, it's easier to avoid evil than to do good.

How is Lee CW going to beat Lin Dan? By working harder, keep trying and what if he still fails? Then simply acknowledge that Lin Dan is better at badminton ,that's all. Hasn't Peter Gade set the example already, one hero recognizing another?

Actually, whatever is discussed, argued and debated here has no real effect in the real world, not directly. The only way to beat the Chinese is in the badminton court, stop deluding yourself otherwise. There is a definite reason why CHN are the best, learn what you should learn from them, just as CHN for decades have been learning from the best in the world, and not just in badminton.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of all this needless mudslinging. Nobody wins an argument by outshouting or bullying another by demeaning tactics. Originally I restrain myself from uttering a single word, just save it and enjoy myself in my own way, reminding myself 'Speech is Silvern, Silence is Golden'.

However,in the end,being an ordinary mortal, I couldn't resist saying my piece; after all, if everybody abides by that principle too much, this forum will become eerily quiet and unproductive. Still I won't abuse the right to freedom of expression; there's a time to speak, and there's a time to remain silent. Enough said.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    watched 2 out of 3 matches lcw play.
    i think his form is better than last year

15. eaglehelang

Someone mentioned it, another China fan replied it. So, it being LCW's thread, naturally Msian fan will defend. LCW got the walkover from Boonsak & connections to China withdrawals in KO 2013, has already been mentioned somewhere in the daily thread.

Before saying more, take note that non LCW fans, more often China fans have said all sorts of negative things about LCW, including in this thread(of all places). AND it has been going on for many years, so should be we all sick & tired 1st, lol. I hardly go LD's thread & disturb there,not say disturb, comment also very seldom, it's you all come here & comment2 a lot ;):p

#9155 eaglehelang, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Lol, LCW fans and LD fans have been shooting each other for a long, long time. Everytime I see something like that I just get lazy to read and just go to another thread.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Likewise for badf's fan who felt compelled to defend Lin Dan's honour when her idol was wrongly accused.

Not wanting to sound trite, we learn more from constructive criticisms and feedback than false,empty words of praise.In other words, if you think Lin Dan has done wrong and there are areas he should improve on, by all means tell him. I'm sure his true fans and supporters, even Lin Dan himself would appreciate it and make amends. He is a 29-yr-old married man now, more mature and wiser, not to mention a very filial son and dutiful husband, no longer the brash, young and somewhat quick-tempered man that he was years ago that he has to be constantly reminded of his past indiscretions (the Ji Xinpeng and Li Mao incidents).

Btw, as far as I know, bad's fan is a very nice lady forummer, very reasonable and full of goodwill, quite forthright and balanced in her views, who never uttered a biting,harsh word. Yet occasionally her posts get misunderstood or misinterpreted, partly due to the limitations of the written word as opposed to speech or video.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

He is really 'untouchable' in malaysia open... this guy totally controls everything on court and he is fast too:eek:.. given his current age and status of a married guy and soon to be father...

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,the married mature,wiser,filial son and dutiful husband just throw his racket(AGAIN) when he play in china last month:rolleyes:

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What do you mean throw his racket? If u mean lost his match, the only possible reason i can think of is that he is too tired or perhaps too exhausted of his busy schedule and in an important process of making babies;)