Chen Jin ( 陈金 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Perhaps. As for Lee CW, the figure cannot be multiples of 5 if he's to lose only to Lin Dan in the final, so that makes 24 the more probable case. Anyway, it's just speculative talk, only a proper research will reveal the facts.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Jin has announced his retirement to be made official after the coming China National Games. Right now he is the assistant coach to the CHN WS and he won't be playing in the Sudirman Cup or World Championship. Just as well in view of so many up-and-coming fellow MS in addition to his own fitness problem.

He is known to be even tempered and patient among his team members and with his skills and rich experience,he should make a good coach. Wish him happiness and success in his coaching career. I suppose marriage is on the cards too after retirement.

http://sports.qq.com/a/20130412/000328.htm

3. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Im not surprised hes calling it a day. Hes had an interesting career, slightly overshadowed by the olympic qualification fiasco with team chinas determination to have 3 entrants in MS. He is the finest example of a player changing from an attacking style to one that capitalises on strong defence, a real tactician in that field

4. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I was shocked when I saw CJ at the World Champ in 2010. He looked like a zombie, quite different from the CJ of 2008 and 2009. I think he over-trained. He won that year, winning a very close semi against PG, so perhaps it was worthwhile for him, but after that he was never the same, always sick and loosing frequently in early rounds.
    A career tragic in some quiet ways, not whitout sucesses but somehow never finding his place

5. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    wish him a successful in other interest. he did somehow entertain us in the past years. thanks CJ.

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    It's sad that CJ retiring so early. He's younger than LD. He was thought very talented when he's young. There's no other players at the same age close to his level. Gong Wan Jie was long time the 2nd behind CJ in their age group.

He was always expected to shine in the next tournament, but suffering from long time injuries. Anyhow, he managed to grab a World Championship, an All England title and an Olympic bronze medal, and also several Asian Championships.

Chen Jin holds winning head to head records, against all Indonesia players, including Taufik Hidayat, Sony, Santoso,....

Actually Chen Jin also holds winning head to head records against almost all players except Lin Dan and Lee CW. His h2h against Gade is like 8:3. He also hold wining h2h against other teammates, like Chen Long, Du Pengyu, ...

His success has been shadowed and destroyed by Lin Dan and Lee CW. I expected him to dominate after LD and LCW retirements. But unfortunately, he even retired earlier than LD and LCW. That's very sad! :crying: :crying: :crying:

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    we will forever remember you.
    AE 2008,BAC 2008,OG 2008,SGO 2012
    applause!
    waakakakakaka

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looks like he's quite happy with his current role;)
    [video=facebook;10200806673346489]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200806673346489[/video]

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It was reported that Chen Jin actually handed in his resignation end of last month and earlier on in Feb before the Lunar New Year and during the winter training at Dongguan he applied to be a player cum coach status and was accepted. Now he's doing on-the-job training and on probation as a coach for the WS. Till recently he was carrying back and leg injuries. He has also pulled out of next week's BAC at Taipei.

With the retirement of Bao Chunlai, now Chen Jin and Lin Dan sort of in semi-retirement, CBA is apparently looking for a couple of MS players to shore up their strength in this department. Perhaps that explains why they are sending several young players and newcomers to the adult international circuit as happened in the AUS and NZ Opens.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It had to happen sooner or later.

Much thanks to Chen Jin for giving us many geat and memorable matches. A tireless worker and big-hearted performer. He will continue to be a great asset to the CBA. I wish him well in his new avatar.

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

bye Chen Jin. hope still able to see you again on court in the future, even just on the 'coach chairs'. :)

and retired with no regret please, as you have made limsy will forever remember you! what else a player can ask for after retirement? hahaha :D

12. icey_drone

icey_drone Regular Member

Student
    He was a great player

Although he was hardly ever close to Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei's level, he always gave them a good fight and showed us amazing badminton

I always liked him because of his footwork, net deception and his beautiful overhead strokes. For me, he is a faster and more dynamic Chen Long

But age and injuries have gotten to him and he wasn't able to perform consistently all this time

I wish him the best and if I see him again I will defs give him a pat on the back and say "good job"

13. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
  14. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It is quite possible that CJ's careesr foretell the fate of Chen Long. A style too physical to last. At 25, totally burned out.

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

But CHN team is like Chronos, it eats its,own children

16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,he's retired and now a coach to the CHN WS national team. He's also planning to get married after the CHN National Games which will be his swan song event. You may want to go back one page and start reading from post #262.

18. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

19. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Just show how careful team china can be during major event still not enough :p

I think they have their own cook, own menu even shopping by themselves!

How could he got the diarrhea, water contamination?

And in London :p

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks, and here's the original article in Chinese http://sports.qq.com/a/20130529/017015.htm I actually came across it a couple days ago and at first thought of mentioning it but let it pass in the end.

During the LOG I had felt something wrong with him, the way he played was too passive and reactive as compared with how I'd seen him developed a more robust attacking game in the run-up to the Olympics. Self-clarification for me now.

Chen Jin as the CHN WS coach is a very good thing. Not only is he suited in terms of his qualities and temperament - calm, patient, good tempered - but his ability to provide high level personal training and sparring to the ladies in simulating any particular style of play or strokes in order better to guide and enable them to acquire the requisite techniques,correct any weaknesses or develop ways to counter the opponents' specific or special shots/shot-making.

Just when he was beset by nagging injuries which affected both his training and tournament competition that resulted in a couple of early round exits the past one year or so,it was his initial instructor cum godfather, Jin Chao, who first encouraged him to take up coaching and later Li Yongbo also approached him for a talk over it that finally helped him made up his mind on coaching. Apparently he's taking his newfound career with zest and commitment and even planning to further his studies in physical education in the Beijing Sports University later. http://sports.qq.com/a/20130527/020645.htm