RKEP PRO6000 PRO9000 badminton racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Squash Eric, Feb 4, 2012.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Super excited! Can't wait to receive my package from Eric.

w06lx.jpg

2. b3ho1d

b3ho1d New Member

Hi, so to start I am a intermediate female player. I have always bought yonex items, but when I initially bought some yonex items from Eric, he promoted this racquet and I was 'heck why not?' given the price of the racquet. So I purchased a Pro9000 87g 25lb BG66UM

Yesterday, I tried out the racquet and I am absolutely in love with it. First of all, the apple green colour definitely attracts attention. I was able to clear from back court to back court at ease. Smashes were definitely better with this racquet than my previous racquets (Arc9, Ti7, crappy isometer). I was also able to make quick defensive shots, and net shots were a little difficult to control at first but that's because all my previous racquets had lower tension.

Overall, I am very happy with this racquet and definitely satisfied with the delivery. I ordered it on a Monday/Tuesday, and it arrived on Friday. (And I live in Canada.)

3. b3ho1d

b3ho1d New Member

I meant Isometric! ><

4. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

After reading so many glowing reviews of the 9000, I am really tempted to buy one myself. I am getting a VT 70 next week. Could someone please compare the racket to the Voltric 70. That way I can know the similarities and differences and then decide if I need one!

5. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

lol..... Introducing the brand new Isometer, now you can measure your isoness with just a press of a button. :D

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Any chance that there will be a racket similar to Pro 6000, but slightly more head heavier and 5/5 stiffness (or even 4.5/5)

I would take a few of these.

7. OctoLotuS

OctoLotuS Regular Member

Promote and increase Badminton awareness in Wester
    I was hoping of doing a group buy for Perth area... I should have organised it sooner.

8. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
    RKEP plan to launch a totally brand new model racket with
    4/5 stiff
    at 295-300BP racket
    in this year
    details will be available from June

9. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ oh man, gotta put aside more money again... :)

btw whats the colour and how's the graphics gonna be?

10. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    make it all black

#210 CanucksDynasty, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think Zombie Apocalypse.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

plus a dash of white and gold... classy! :)

13. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    And maybe a better logo.

14. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

hahaha, too many cooks ...

man, i have a feeling its going to have a ZF shape :p MOAR SPEED but less pain :D

15. visor

visor Regular Member

colour scheme of cab 50, head shape of zf, price of an rkep... i'd definitely go for it! :D

16. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

So close yet so far. My package from Eric has been scheduled for delivery (which means delivery tomorrow), can't wait.

17. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

That sounds very enticing. Me too :)

18. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Here are my early thoughts on the PRO6000 and PRO9000

I requested Eric to send me rackets as head heavy as possible at a certain weight.
    PRO6000 : I requested 86-88g, I got 88g 298mm with BG-80Power @ 25lbs
    PRO9000 : I requested 84-86g, I got 86g 298mm with BG-80Power @ 25lbs

Some background info:
    I normally play with a 4U Yonex Voltric 80 or my 3U Fischer Infiniti Hades with both weighing in around 90-92g after having a layer of RKEP Soft75 grip on each.

PRO6000 thoughts (Original grip removed and RKEP Soft75 grip on it takes it to ~92g):
    First of all, the paintwork on the outside of the racket looks good, definitely on par with the more expensive brand name rackets. The insides of the rackets though (where the grommets stick out), I can see a few uneven areas of silver paint.
    Easy racket to adapt to, easy to generate power. So far I'm loving this racket. The shaft seems to be a nice medium stiffness for me, so I can generate the power even without a lot of wrist snap. I think it is a very good racket for the arm players - those who have a huge arm swing when playing overhead shots (like Fu Haifeng). It is a also a very quick racket to move around, double motion shots and other fake shots are quite easy to pull off because the racket is quick. Swing speed is faster than my VT80, and I am beginning to think I can actually smash harder with this racket than with the VT80.

In short, I find the power quite amazing and the quickness of the racket is really something too. I'm not too sure about control and net play yet as I've not played enough with the racket to form an opinion about that.

PRO9000 thoughts (Original grip removed and RKEP Soft75 grip on it takes it to ~90g):
    Paintwork is good, seems to be better than the PRO6000's paintwork. The turkey blue colour is something different from the normal rackets, so depending on if you like to be different, then you may or may not like the colour.
    Quite a stiff racket. I am normally not a fan of stiff rackets and it seems now is no different. I found it more difficult to generate power with the PRO9000 compared to the PRO6000. Swing speed is also most definitely slower, so that may be the reason why. Having said that, the power is not bad at all but just not as good as the PRO6000 in my case. Defence doesn't seem to be as good as the PRO6000 too. I find it harder to play flicks and double motions with the racket and this is probably due to the stiffness.

So far that is all I can say about the PRO9000 because the PRO6000 has really caught my attention. I find myself going back to the PRO6000 game after game. I may have to force myself to play with the PRO9000 for one whole session and then try to form a more solid opinion on it.

19. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

damn, should have ordered both instead of just the 9k! maybe will get it with the new one in June :p

20. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Another thing I must add, as always, Eric's service is VERY good. He is definitely a very good seller and service is very fast. Keep up the good work Eric.