RKEP PRO6000 PRO9000 badminton racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Squash Eric, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Just a little sneak-peek at what I've been working on tonight :cool: (hopefully I won't get into too much trouble!) :eek:

Screen shot 2012-04-02 at 11.51.36 PM.png

2. soulless

soulless Regular Member

Graduate student
    is that supposed to be a crown?

3. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Can't decide whether it's a crown or a super hero mask ;)

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Not a bad logo. But for some reason...the logo doesn't really grab my attention. I like the font though.

5. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    It will when you see the racket :D

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Man, I can't believe I haven't asked this yet -

Does anyone have a BS11 and a RKEP 6000 and can do a comparo?

7. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    I got both.

I find the BS11 a bit stiffer than the RKEP 6000 but not much.

I also find it a little bit more powerful than the RKEP 6000, but my BS11 is 2g heavier and 2mm more head heavy, so that might be why it feels more powerful.
    Speedwise I find them very similar but since the BS11 feels stiffer it also feels like the shuttle comes off the racket a bit snappier.

8. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Just to clarify, you're using the 4/5 stiffness old-spec BS11, not the newer 2/5 flexy BS11, right?

9. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Yes it's the old 4/5 BS11 I compare it with.

10. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Ah, good one.

11. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

i did a comparison between the pro6k against a bs11, the frame profile/shaft length/handle length is very very identical, very close to 100%.

and the shaft stiffness of my pro6k, rated 3/5 by RKEP, is just slightly stiffer than the compared bs11, it is almost as stiff as the pro9k rated 4/5 stiffness, almost like a 3.5/5 stiffness.

12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Damn, maybe I should get a couple. Heh.

13. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Go for it, the PRO6000 has been a very good racket for me so far.

14. Chimmey

Chimmey Regular Member

IT
    Just to reiterate what others have said. ordered a 9000 on Thursday to the UK and it was here by Tuesday so very impressed with the service. 85g 290mmBP with BG66UM and a G09 overgrip. Not quite sure of the tension as asked for anything around 22/24lb, I guess its possible it is actually 22x24?
    Looking forward to trying it tonight

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied

Maybe I should wait for the Pro8000. It will be a very good looking racket ;)

16. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Have a swing of mine tomorrow first.

17. siumon

siumon New Member

how does pro6000 compared to yonex nr700fx?? thanks

18. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    Here's my RKEP Pro 6000 review including comparisons to a couple of rackets.

Background info about myself: Doubles player, all-around -- not heavy on either offence or defence, intermediate level. I had previously preferred slightly heavier rackets until I sustained a shoulder and wrist injury. Now I use relatively "even balanced" rackets with mid flex shafts

Current rackets (2 each) all strung with BG66 24x26: Arc 5 3UG5, BS 12 (3UG5 equivalent)

I have used RKEP products for a few years now. My first encounter was when I was ordering Karakal PU replacement grip and Eric suggested I try out his RKEP grips. Ultimate overgrip is now my favourite.

Not all my experience with RKEP products has been favourable. I tried one of the first RKEP brand strings. I attempted a stringing at 26 lbs and the string kept breaking. It broke so many times, I gave up. The second bad experience was one of his earlier rackets. I strung it with my usual BG66 at 26 lbs, tried it out and had a group of players in try it also. We all came to the same conclusion --- too much vibration and shock transmitted. It was quite uncomfortable so I donated it to a school.

With this bad taste in my mind, I was quite sceptical about some of these reviews in this thread. I bought a used one, gripped it identically to my BS 12 and tested it last night. I had someone hand me either the BS 12 or the RKEP while I closed my eyes and swung it around. I did this about 6 times. I could not point out which one was which. The only difference is that one has a higher pitch "swoosh" through the air. I had someone swap the rackets without me looking at it and while rallying, I could barely make out that one was transmitting more shock than the other. I guessed it was the RKEP. I was wrong. The BS 12 transmitted more shock. Both rackets transmit slightly more vibration and shock than the Arc 5.

This racket plays very similar to the Brave Sword. Defence is as quick as the Arc 5 but both the BS 12 and the RKEP 6000 are slightly less precise. The Arc 5 has a slightly stiffer shaft. I feel I can drive and smash faster with both the BS and RKEP than the Arc.

Finishing quality is about the same as the Victor rackets. One of my BS 12 is slightly better than the RKEP but another is worse.

Final note - I had my wife try both the BS 12 and the RKEP. For reference, she has trained at the "Elite" level lessons from ClearOne Badminton Centre (Canada). She normally uses a NS9900. After a few rallys, I asked her which one she likes better. She said this one is slightly faster and easier to use. The one she pointed to was the RKEP Pro 6000.

Thumbs-up Eric. Congratulations on an excellent racket.

19. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Comparison with VT 70

Ok, I did ask this question in this thread before but I guess, it just got drowned amidst a sea of other posts here. So, here it goes... again! ;)

I've been playing with my newest toy, the Voltric 70 for the past 3 weeks and am already in love with it! It is 4U and is a perfect foil for my kinda game. I am searching for a good backup racket for my VT 70. After reading bout the RKEP PRO9000, I am tempted to go for it.
    I'd really appreciate it if someone (who's played with both) could give a detailed comparison of the two. I did find some very relevant info here (thank you ah.b|ack) http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-what-else-might-I-like?p=1867466#post1867466

But it isn't comprehensive enough...! What I need to know specifically is the difference in shaft stiffness. The RKEP 9000 is rated as Stiff whereas the VT-70 is about medium flex. Is there really a big difference or they about the same? Secondly, the RKEP rackets are advertised at G2 (Yonex G5). The VT-70 has a G4 grip. I use a HEAD Xtremesoft Overgrip on my VT-70.

Will I need two overgrips then, on the Pro9000 to get the grip size equivalent to my current VT-70? How will this affect the BP of the racket? What specs of the PRO9000 should I be going for, in case I chose to buy it, so as to come close to my VT-70? (85gm with BP 295mm should be fine, I guess!)

Hoping for some enlightenment!!!:cool:

20. cschun86

cschun86 Regular Member

Order one unit from Eric last friday, 86g weight + 295mm BP + BG66UM 25lbs.
    Hope the new weapon will reach soon and can try it out soon.