"armchair" exercises?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Pizza Fish, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

the ones here

[video=youtube;hG0OQu6WHoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG0OQu6WHoE[/video]

[video=youtube;YLlYpja1nRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLlYpja1nRo&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;mR6l2rob9K4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR6l2rob9K4&feature=related[/video]

how effective are they? also, how often would i want to do them? every day, every other day, etc.

2. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    These exercises are, in my opinion, fantastic. If you lack any kind of power in your shots, these are an excellent way to go about developing a little more power in the forearm and fingers. In particular, the "heavy racket head" stuff with the books/covers, the hammer, the handle and rope are extremely beneficial for developing basic power. I would supplement this with heavy racket work (squash racket) on court, but only once you have developed the power and control to do so.

If you wanted to do them, I would set yourself a target of doing a certain number of repetitions every other day (one day for rest - to let the muscles recover - if they are still sore from doing them, consider resting more). Do this same number continuously until it is no longer tiring to do so. I would then increase the difficulty by either adding weight (in the appropriate ones) or increasing the number of repetitions.

Hope that gives you some guidance.

Matt

3. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    its effectiveness is rated at 7.59 out of 10.
    you need to perform these exercises an average of 1.6hrs per day with rest every 3 days.

fact is... the harder you try, the better off you'll be. There's no rule.
    I use to pick up my racquet and casually practice backhands whenever I watch TV because my backhand was non-existent. 3 months later, I developed a backhand cross court clear. If I practiced harder, I would have developed the same skills in 2 weeks, but I didn't.

Try as hard and as often as you want. If you're not seeing results, you're obviously not trying hard enough. If you're getting quick results, congrats, your hard work has paid off.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Pretty good. Only the serious dudes will do it regularly. ;)

5. Pizza Fish

Pizza Fish Regular Member

alright i should start soon then...
    hopefully my parents wont mind :D

6. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    What's the use of the first video by keep switching forehand and backhand?

7. KillerQT

KillerQT Regular Member

for quick transition from forehand to backhand and vice versa... this is for fast pace returns.