Panda Power: A Racket That Can Take 40lbs. String Tension!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DinkAlot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    ah, thanks :)

now I'm waiting for the Tpro, hopefully it would be in front of my door next week

2. Teebs

Teebs Regular Member

Scientist
    To put this on my racquet I converted it to vector (.svg) format, hope you don't mind. If people want this they are welcome to have it!

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

To all of my Panda customers:

My internet is playing up at the moment, and I won't be able to respond to any emails or PMs for a while, so I'll update you as best I can.

The rackets were sent from USA on Mon 7th March, so I am expecting them the third or fourth week of March. Any UK buyers can get my on my mobile, whose number should be in my Profile page.

Hope to be back soon,

M.

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

dont see your phone number anywhere

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Hmm... I appear to be back on line after some tinkering.

Let's see how long it lasts, eh...

Btw, Virgin routes its calls to India - just so you all know:mad:.

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    you used virgin broadband? Iuse virgin too
    sometimes the wi-fi cannot be detected by my computer
    to solve the problem turn off the router, and turn it on after 5-10 minutes, usually it works

7. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
    Last time I played with my UPro, one of the 8 lower grommets top broke off. The top that stick out of the frame. Down through the frame and on the outer side, the grommet is fine.
    Is this going to be a problem? Never tried it before.

8. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    Review of Ultra Pro (As requested By our wonderful Panda)

A little intro of myself ..... I would think that my size is quite similar to the likes of our great panda .... 1.8m tall and 120 kg (Am i correct to say that panda ) ....

My game play has always been power and net shots but i love pushes too ....

First impression of the Ultra pro ..... No paint work and it is all black nothing fancy about it <--- that is what i like ....... The first swing at home hmmmm Excellent .....

String : zymax 67 at 28 lbs ( first time using the string as the sg supplier don't have any BG85 left ) and clothe grips

Tried the racket at night duringa 4 hours session but was dead at 2 hrs reasons begin u will know it later .....

During warm up the racket gives a lot of feedback to my hands and i love it as that is a lot of information to me ...

During the Games ....

Attacking - My smashes were scary even for me as it was the first time i realise how powerful and consisten my smashes really are ..... I felt that it is the way this racket is make that made me produce such powerful smashes and for the first time i think it is both the racket and people that make the diff and not just the Skill level of an indiviual .... this smashing game of mine lasted 1 1/2 hrs as it was just too addictive and at the end of the 2 hrs i was dead meat , my whole arm was trembling and i wasn't really able to lift my arms .....

From this point onwards i think everything has change as i was sweating so much the my whole grip , socks and shorts was soak with my sweat .... This usually happen to me but then i used to have 3 racket to hop around with but now i only have 1 stringed Ultra Pro .....the Bp of the racket change and i was extremly tired after 1 1/2 hours of smashing .... so my game play turn to defending , pushes and net play ...... I am not able to really give you guys my experience with the racket on this 3 point as i think the fatigue on my arms play a big role here ..... but from what i can see those will be not problem as this racket really gives me lots of feedback and feel ......

Play on the following day evening but it was just a game of healthy life style as my arms including my whole body was really SORE ....

So for now i am going to string my 2nd Ultra Pro and thinking of getting a 3rd one ....

You guys can ask me question if you want but it is just from my Point of view ..... And i think alot of factor gives different result and that is why i give you my physical measurment too ....

9. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

Well it's a miracle you kept on going for 2 hours. 120kg is a lot of mass you have to move over the court.. I'm the same hight and half the mass and am struggling to play at my best for more then 2 hours non stop..

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's all a question of how much you train and how you move ;) I started Badminton with 1h training and 2h free matches twice a week, and now I train about 5-9,5 and play 5-9,5 (14-15hrs a week in total). When you train with high intensity for 1,5hrs at least twice a week, 2hrs of matches will be no problem after a while. Although I only weigh 80kg@1,89m and tend to move a bit sluggishly >.>

11. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

Yeah I agree, I play about 5-8 hours a week, including two high intensity trainings, but with 120kg it's a different story, even if you don't move as LCW or LD ;)

And a Panda Power is awesome, but doesn't give you super powers, does it?! :eek:

12. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I'm 120kg and 176cm :p
    I can move around but not too fast, I prefer double though..
    single, 1 1/2 hours is the limit, for double, it could be more than 3 hours

I really want to lose around 20kgs though..

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Okay, I've never been much heavier than this (except for a few weeks where I was at 87 - 2-3kg of it muscle, though), so I dont know how hard it is to play with that weight...I guess a little extra training wouldn't hurt though, perhaps a bit stamina training? I need to do more myself, especially weight training (my legs aren't powerful enough, resulting in knee pain at times and regular jumps of less than 40cm - I need more hangtime for my jump smash!). I hope some extra muscle will also help with the endurance, as I tend to get hypoglycaemic. Stamina is okay, but could be better^^

PP is awesome, I agree. My TPro is amongst my top 3 doubles rackets, being the fastest&lightest. I need a speed gun to compare the smash speeds though :D

14. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    It seems like everyone is a bit off track .... The purpose of this review is let u guys know from my point of view how powerful and awesome this ultra pro is to me ..... Not how fit I am or etc ....

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, we get a little distracted at times >.> Thanks for letting us know how it performed for you, though! :)
    Rats. With this many positive reviews, I'm getting very tempted to buy an UPro myself despite my earlier doubts about whether or not I can bend an ultra-stiff shaft :/ Can't really afford that, though.

16. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

Yeah you're right! Back to the racket! What sort of racket did you play before the UPro? And what were the specs of the UPro?! I'm thinking of buying one myself or waiting till Panda made an ultimate Revelation :D

Nice job on the site btw! More news items are welcome, so we can track the development of new and coming rackets!

17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

A week early and no customs? WTF?!

Well, a rather large box has arrived from America:D, so the TPro exodus will begin on Monday; as luck would(n't) have it, I'm working tomorrow and Friday, so bang goes my weekend...

All those who've pre-paid will have their rackets away first. In the meantime, I'll string mine up and take it to court this afternoon, see if I can get enough drill in to sustain a proper review.

Many thanks (again) to all buyers! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some stringing to do...

M;).

P.S. For all you unbelievers: proof of my insane spec:D

Attached Files:

#4777 Mark A, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  18. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    nice Mark :)

wow, that's a pretty head light racket
    I wonder how it's gonna play
    maybe as good as precision? :D

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yep, insanity :D Can't imagine how one generates power from that - but to each his own^^

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Probably better - the Precision is too soft for me, so Mark will definitely prefer a stiffer racket as well (as he must be more skilled).