Voltric 80 V Arcsaber Z Slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drew tze en, Apr 20, 2011.

1. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Tell us how it performs I have the 3UG5

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Well I don't know which one I am getting yet, I would really want a comparison to see if the extra weight is worth it.:) not sure yet, I need a detailed comparison between the 2 and 3 U first :)

3. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

In term of durability (chance of surviving hard-clash, mishit & strung at 28~30Lbs), should i buy Arc-ZS 2U or 3U version? i never used any 2U version of racket, i did however try Arc-ZS 3U for couple minutes (it was in the year 2009 when first came out) and i gotta admit, although i am a big-fan of head-heavy racket but ever since my last encountered with ARC-ZS, i have been regularly purchased for more than 15 different rackets, all head-heavy BP with stiff~extra stiff (Victor, Lining, Kumpoo, HART, ASTEC, BENSENI) EXCEPT Yonex (because i heard how easily broken it is), none of these rackets can produce a big-whoop sound & fast smash like ARC-ZS did (so far i found Kumpoo PowerShot 2300H is as closest as i can get the feeling of ARC-ZS with a bit less smash-speed)

My next to purchase racket is either Lining N90 (LinDan) or ARC-ZS (either 2U or 3U) or still Kumpoo PowerShot 2300H (old one is gonna retire soon!), as i am currently located in Beijing, China... thus Lining racket is not that expensive compared to outside of China, while i can also get my hand on variety of original Yonex rackets (different grip sizes, weights, laser-codes, prices)

If i were to buy ARC-ZS, Thailand offers slightly cheaper price (TH code) compared to CN code but there's no way i can ever find 2U version of ARC-ZS in Thailand. (would be lucky if i can find 3U as most Thais favor 4U version)

please do advise me. for days now i've been having this uneasy feeling as to which racket should i buy before leaving China next month.

note: i found it very comfortable to hand to have bigger grip, thus ALL my rackets had at least (2x) 1.6mm replacement-grip on top of its original grip, plus (1x) 0.6mm of overgrip. This however result in big change of BP and i've been struggling to find a light-weight 2.5~3.0mm replacement-grip on the market. I found none so far & please help me here if there's any extra-thick replacement grip out there.

Thank you!

4. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    for Yonex head heavy racquet - AT700 > AT900P > VT80, am i right?

5. drew tze en

I don't think there is a 4U version of the Arcsaber Z Slash most clones like the Yehlex and Apacs are 4U

6. raajks

raajks New Member

My current racquests
    1) AT900T BG65 - 21lbs
    2) Voltric 80 BG65 - 21lbs
    3) Arcsaber Z slash Nanogy95 - 24lbs

When I felt that there can be no other racquet apart from AT900T for me along came Z slash.
    The Z slash is an amazing racquet

1) I love the faster swing
    2) The clears
    3) The smashes
    4) Defence

In my opinion, I like the Z slash way better than the V80

To be fair, I have not strung the V80 to 24 and above.
    It is a solid / strong racquet but a little too head heavy for me.

7. drew tze en

I came back from Singapore yesterday while I was there I bought a new racket
    I have no regrets on my decision and I won't turn back
    I decided to buy a ............. Arcsaber Z-Slash TH I'll be able to play with this great racket tomorrow. :)

8. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    I think it is actually VT80≥AT700>AT900P>VT70>Zslash

9. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    I haven't tried the Voltric 80 but I realy want to. However I have read this review which I think you should read befour deciding ;) http://badminton-coach.co.uk/1936/yonex-voltric-80-badminton-racquet-review/ I have the Arc Z-slash and it is a good racket no doubt. The thing is as someone else also wrote earlier on about the frame hits and miss hits. I agree, it is very easy to miss hit with it, but when you hit properly you really pack a heave punch. Defense wise I would NOT recomend this raccket it feels to heave and feels hard to manuever. For single this racket is a good choice if your not a beginner, the arcsaber z-slash has a small sweet spot, which means it is hard to hit well each time. The Voltric 80 have a larger sweet spot which means easier hitting, still very hard I would guess at least the same power if not more. Did you guys say that the Voltric 80 is more head heave than the Arcsaber Z-slash? As I have heard the Voltric 80 is easier to defend with and is much better to manuever. Sorry for mych writing hope this could be for some assistance for you ;)

10. bh.bruce

bh.bruce Regular Member

i have both, i find the voltric 80 easier to use jusst because of the bigger frame i like it, alot. But I LOVE the zslash, i love the control & its speedness. the light head is awesome, moves so quick. I smash harder with the zslash, but clearing is so much easier with the voltric 80.

11. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    So you think that control wise Z-slash is better? How is the Voltric 80 when it comes to defense and flat game?

12. bh.bruce

bh.bruce Regular Member

Yes, i think control wise Z-slash is better, IF, you know how to use it. if you've been using it for awhile you know its an amazing control racket. Voltric 80 is also great in defence and flat game, for a head heavy racket it moves quickly, and it does have great control also.

13. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Wat tension do u guys do on your z-slash?

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think I will pick up a VT80 soon, although I am also tempted by the Z Slash.:) in saying this, I will probably end up with a MX80 and another SW35 :p

15. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Ehm I use 23 or 25 I dont remember, think it was 25 ;) I dont know what recomended stringing tension is so you should check that first ;)

16. bh.bruce

bh.bruce Regular Member

i use 23 but the max tension for z-slash is 24.

17. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Yeah it isn't bad I agree ;) But I did think that the Voltric 80 was better in defense caus of the wider frame or is the Z-slash still better?

18. bh.bruce

bh.bruce Regular Member

for defence? vt80 for the win, for sure. your right, just because of the bigger frame but if the z-slash had a slightly bigger frame, it would be the perfect all around in my opinion. it is an amazing racket, just hard to use at points. risky,

19. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Totaly agree with you, I think that I master it but my teammate is having some problems even though he has used it for about a year (he just wont admit :p) bad misshits I mean.

20. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Yes I would like them to make a Zslash with bigger frame :) It indeed is an amazing racket but the small sweetspot keeps player whom have tried it for just a bit don't buy it... I will get to try the Voltric 80 in a couple of days and I just can't whait =D