Victor (Asia)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ferrerkiko, Mar 20, 2010.

1. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    thanks for your information~

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Latest update: New Korea Thomas cup wear is available at Chris shop now.. All korea fans get really for the team shirts!

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Which Victor racket plays closest to the Yonex NS9000X? I wouldn't mind giving Victor rackets a go if I can find something close to the NS9000X.

Also out of curiosity I played a session with the BS11. I think if strung to the right tension, I could like this racket :)

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

BS10 possibly ? I think BS10 is slightly head heavier than NS9000X though

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Right, I was thinking the BS10 might be similar-ish, but wanted to hear from Victor experts. Do you think the BS10 or NS 9000X is stiffer?

6. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

BS 10 is right there with NS9000X, though BS10 is more robust compared to the fragile NS9000X.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You should see the state of my NS9000X. It's been through several wars and still standing (fingers crossed).

8. RSLvictorSOTX

You are lucky for it to be still hanging by a thread (wanna put it under an electron microscope:D?). I got 2, one broke when it clash with an MP99 (actually, both were broken) and my second crumpled after a whang with NS9900:rolleyes: (and my friend's NS9900 only got a paint chip:()!

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Now you've said that, next time you play, you will probaly have a fatal clash. I hope it doesn't happen though.
    BS10 in my opinion would be your best bet, it's slightly head heavier, similar stiffness, but it swings a lot faster.

10. RSLvictorSOTX

LD_rules,

I wonder how much longer are we gonna wait to get a proper (full) review from guys who's got enough court time experience to let know how SPIRA 21 plays;)? Any hearsay:)? Haha, sound a bit too eager that a little hearsay would suffice for me:eek::D? Well, I just don't want to spend money on something I'm gonna be disappointed thereafter:eek::eek::eek:.

RvS

#190 RSLvictorSOTX, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I've read conflicting views on the head heaviness of the BS10 v BS11 (see BS10 BS11 thread), which has confused me a little. In general I understand the BS10 to be more headlight than the BS11. After using the BS11, while it was head heavier than my NS9000X, I did not find it unuserfriendly (such a word?) in doubles play. The biggest difference I found was the shaft stiffness.

If the BS10 is supposed to be stiffer than the BS11, I'm wondering if it will offer the same amount of control as the NS9000X?

In the meantime I'm still looking for a BS10 to try

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

As much as I would like to give you a Spira 21 review, the racket isn't available in the UK website yet, I will see if sohubuy has it, but I am looking into buying a BS10 as well as a second SW35

13. RSLvictorSOTX

Quicky, BS10 is stiffer than BS11 (slimmer shaft and so it cuts like a knife, thus it's still user friendly)...BS11 is alright a tad heavy heavier than NS9000X but by feel BS10 does deliver a bit more oomph though it is more comaparative in head heaviness w/ NS9000x.

#193 RSLvictorSOTX, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  14. mb918

mb918 Regular Member

Guys:

I got my Brave Sword 168, first string with Yonex BG68 Ti, not very good. When I changed it to BG85, much better, but still ...
    Can anyone give me reviews of Victor Brave Sword 09 and Brave Sword 08 and compare them for me?

Thanks in advance!

15. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I'm still waiting on news from Victor regarding their new racquets. Spira has not arrived in Uk yet but is expected very soon. I'll then be able to review it and give you a decent comparison against most of the Victor range.

Sorry guys, I can't be any quicker. Anyone looking for reviews of BS10, BS11, SIW35, i alsready have them. Just email me and I'll send them to you.

I am testing Schenk's racquet at the moment so expect to have a review ready within a week.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

16. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    To clear the air once and for all, the BS10 and BS11 has similar balance point regardless those with or without the end-butt cap. As for the shaft stiffness its clearly stated that the BS10 is stiffer. I did the comparison using a digital swing/weight machine with the BP measurement device.

Just to add the racket I used for comparison are brand new unstrung with original grip intact and thus I believed the outcome are accurate. Most of you guys got confused prolly because those rackets used to compare are strung and gripped.

#196 Aspire, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  17. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    Hi everyone!
    Was wondering if anyone can recommend where to get the SW 35 or BS 10 at best price in the Klang Valley, preferably around the PJ/Subang area?
    What's the current price for them? I've read in other threads about some vendors like AJ in Puchong, Ah Lee in Kuchai Lama.
    Anywhere else?
    I've read a lot about both rackets from here as well as other forums, and am excited to want to try them out.
    I've also read that the guys in Pertama Complex don't have much Victor products. True or false?

Thanks very much for all your help!

18. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Breaking news...Victor fans!

The new Spira and Bravesword 169 are in the post and should be with me by 26 July. I'll be reviewing them on 26th so watch out for the reviews on my website www.badminton-coach.co.uk

To your success

Paul

19. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Can't wait for your review Paul! Thanks for your hard work!

20. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I think you will be disappointed with the bs 169 as even though i did not try it. I think it is just ordinary only as it lacks the frame profile of the high end bravesword