Nanoray Z Speed vs Voltriz Z Force

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bSM45, Sep 22, 2013.

1. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Hmm the shoulder pain sounds really bad, but hopefully I don't get it.

I do go to the gym and work arms and shoulders, and my shoulders are fairly broad anyway.

I've talked to Eric and he's givin me an amazing deal! I will be using the strings you said visor! Thanks!

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Awesome! Don't forget the socks and grips! Since you still have lots of space in the box. You won't regret them. :)

3. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

I won't! I'm actually asking to see if he has any Badminton shirts. I reallllllllly want to get that yellow sleveless shirt Lee Chong Wei wears!

4. visor

visor Regular Member

That looks nice, but only if you have the muscles to flaunt it. :p

5. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Of course! That's why I gotta hit the gym more xD, the shirt will give me motivation to go lmao.

6. sniper17

sniper17 New Member

Student
    i have z force 4U, for me its great racket for double.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Oh just remembered something, the ZF has one little cosmetic weakness, like the ZSPD with its soft clearcoat that chips easily...

[bold] **********The ZF has 2 stickers that are nakedly exposed without clearcoat at 5 and 7 o'clock positions. Whoever strings your racket must be warned and told not to place their side supports on them, otherwise they'll be damaged. ************[/bold]

Why can't Yonex do a better job cosmetically I don't know.

#67 visor, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  8. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I didn't mind using a 3U ZF but to me, it was just a slow racket for defense.
    But then there are rackets that almost seem too fast like the BS12!

9. visor

visor Regular Member

I'm sure glad that choosing a wife wasn't as difficult as choosing a racket. :p

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Like rackets, just don't pick one that's too hard to tame ;)

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Matte clearcoat just isn't as tough as gloss, and if you put decals under matte clear coat, you run the risk of them becoming cloudy or 'soft'. Metallic or hologram decals lose their sparkle too, so that's why Yonex put those lime green ones on the ZF last.

I wanted matte for my rackets but the manufacturer said they'd prefer not to because of these exact same reasons.

12. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Well I've done it. Just paid for the Voltric 4U, with the strings Visor recommended. I'm so excited to get it.

Just want to take the time to say thank you to everyone in this thread for contributing. Hopefully I made the right decision !

13. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Just PMed Eric, I'm sure he knows, but just a healthy reminder I guess. I'll have to keep this in mind when I get my racket strung anytime. Thanks!

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Post an update here when you get a chance to play with it... :)

15. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    So the best doubles racquet today is the 4U VTZF ..... steady .... :D

16. melforge

melforge Regular Member

senior designer
    i've already got my hand on the Z-Speed n it's super awsome..need to have a powerfull wrist to actually master it..

17. melforge

melforge Regular Member

senior designer
    further more..compare to Z-force..The Z-Speed have a combination of flex to work it out..not to mention the little space for sweet spot..need to really2..mastered it..a very interesting racket

18. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Hey guys, here's my update. First of all, holy hell does Eric ship fast. I got the racket in 4 business days, 2 more if you include weekends :p. Immediately when I opened up the racket I was shocked at the weight. It felt incredibly light, probably the lightest racket I've ever touched.

As for playing with it...

My first time in practice I was warming up and my clears were soaring out. I tried smashes, and legitimately they were AT LEAST 20% more powerful. Then came the troubles. I knew it was a new racket, and I knew I needed some time to get used to it, but boy oh boy. I felt like trash. Everything I was hitting kept missing and hitting the frame. Every "ting" made me feel so terrible.

I blamed the racket, which I know is not the right thing to do, but now I can definitely say it's the racket.

Went to a full tournament this weekend, played singles, doubles, mix. I was absolute garbage in singles. Everything kept hitting the frame, I was getting everything out, serves, clears, everything. I didn't have the usual grace I do with drops.

As the tournament went on though, I slowly adapted, and in doubles I played fairly well. When I timed the smashes right, and got used to the drops, I was on fire. The sad part is that was only maybe 40% of the time. I realized I spent so much money on this racket, so I knew I had to use it, so I didn't switch rackets the rest of the tournament.

Today I had another practice, and I'm on the verge of returning it. Either I suddenly got really bad, or this just doesn't suit my play style, particularly in singles. I lost to a former team mate in 2 sets, that I usually take down fairly easily.

There's my update lol. I'm going to keep using it, and adapt to it, but hell it's not easy. I will know for sure if its the racket and not me, or my mentality, once I get my old racket restrung. That'll be the nail in the coffin.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Give yourself another 10 hrs with it to adapt your swing. When it clicks you'll know immediately.

20. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Another 10 hours of badminton practice right?