Misbun Ramdan

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by jazzroll, Nov 25, 2010.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

with Rashid still in bam, totally sidek saga continue...

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    nobody knows what is Rashid job scope...

3. maxout

maxout Regular Member

hahahaha .... SPOT ON !!

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online >
    Wednesday January 9, 2013
    Shuttler Ramdan cites personal reason for leaving national set-up[​IMG]Leaving BAM: Misbun Ramdan sent in his resignation letter Tuesday." height="400" width="315">Leaving BAM: Misbun Ramdan sent in his resignation letter Tuesday.
    KUALA LUMPUR: Blood is definitely thicker than water.This adage was proven right when reigning national men’s singles champion Misbun Ramdan Misbun quit the national team yesterday to “rejoin” his father – Datuk Misbun Sidek – under the banner of professional club Nusa Mahsuri.Ramdan’s shocking action is reminiscent of his father’s own actions two years ago.Then, just as Malaysia was ushering in the New Year, Misbun dropped a bombshell by walking out of the national team – resigning as the national coach.Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary Ng Chin Chai confirmed yesterday that Ramdan, who will turn 22 on March 16, had handed in his resignation letter citing personal reasons.

Ramdan, however, had the courtesy to meet his coach Hendrawan on Tuesday to personally thank him for guiding him over the last two years.After all, Hendrawan had played a big part in helping Ramdan achieve several breakthroughs. Ramdan won his first local title, the Pahang Open, last year and defeated two more experienced players in Liew Daren and Chong Wei Feng en route to becoming the national champion for the first time.

“He texted me, asking whether I could meet up with him as he had something important to tell me,” said Hendrawan.
    “My suspicion were proven right when he told me that he was leaving. I asked him if he had any problems with me, the BAM’s programme or anything else ... but he said no.“He said it was time to go. I am glad that we ended it well. He thanked me for all that we’ve gone through together over the last two years. I appreciate his humility.
    “Ramdan is one of the talented ones in the group and has the potential to be a world class player. I wish him all the best. I told him that the door is always open if he wants to come back.”

Meanwhile, Chin Chai said that he would bring up Ramdan’s resignation at BAM’s exco meeting on Jan 15. Chin Chai, however, said that they would not stop Ramdan from playing in the Malaysian Open from Jan 16-20 as BAM had already registered his name.
    “His resignation came as a surprise to us. I received a letter stating that he was quitting due to personal reasons,” said Chin Chai.

In June 2011, BAM banned back-up shuttler Tan Chun Seang for two years when he left the national team to turn professional. He was not allowed to compete in any international tournaments in the Asian region. The ban was lifted during the BAM’s coaching and training committee meeting in Alor Setar last month.
    Will Ramdan be similarly punished?
    Chin Chai said: “It’s not for me to decide. Ramdan has left in a good way. Anyway, we’ll notify the exco of his decision.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/1/9/sports/12551411&sec=sports

There goes another one. Let's see who's next. Oh,TCS's ban lifted already

5. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    maybe Ramdan think he is in position to negotiate??/

6. eaglehelang

[h=2]MISBUN Ramdan Misbun, the newly crowned national champion, has quit the national team to join his father Misbun Sidek at Nusa Mahsuri.[/h] The 22-year-old, touted as the next best thing after World No 1 Lee Chong Wei, tendered his resignation letter to the BA of Malaysia (BAM) on Monday.
    Ramdan is the second shuttler to quit BAM following Chan Kwong Beng’s resignation a few days ago.

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said Ramdan had stopped training under national back-up singles coach Hendrawan.
    “I do not want to speculate on anything. Ramdan looked fine in recent days and was happy when he won the national men’s singles title in Alor Star recently,” said Chin Chai yesterday.
    “The association’s executive committee will deliberate on Ramdan’s sudden resignation request on Jan 16.”
    Chin Chai said Ramdan is a good prospect for the future.
    “His resignation is with immediate effect. He did not report for training today (yesterday).
    “Ramdan is a great shuttler, who has a good future. I think he has personal reasons (for quitting BAM) but hopefully, he will continue playing,” Chin Chai added.
    The World No 87 continued with the Sidek family tradition when he succeeded 10-time winner Chong Wei as the national champion recently.
    In the recent National Grand Prix Finals, Ramdan rallied from a game down to overcome World No 21 Chong Wei Feng 13-21, 21-18, 21-18 in 55 minutes to emulate his father, Misbun, and uncle Rashid’s feats.
    Misbun had won six national singles titles while Rashid was a four-time national champion.
    But on the international front, Ramdan, who trains occasionally under his father, has not been so successful. His best results last year were reaching the last 16 stage of grand prix competitions in Malaysia, Indonesia, Germany and India.
    Hendrawan regards Ramdan as the most complete shuttler in his back-up squad and his resignation will be a huge loss, if he quits for good . By Ajitpal Singh

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Another slap in the face for BAM?

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I think it is more of a family reason than BAM being a screw up. His father is a good coach and has an academy. As a son surely he is obligated to support his father and family business.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    i urge all player leave bam.

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Just something I thought of...

CKB leaves BAM -> Rashid is finding one more player -> He wants Misbun Ramdan since he is the best in Hendrawan's squad -> Misbun tells his son to leave... LOL

If Goh Soon Huat change to become under Rashid Sidek then maybe what I thought of is actually true... lol but at the moment it's just some random fantasy.

11. eaglehelang

So, you're implying Misbun also have no confidence in his bro Rashid's coaching ability?:p
    Anyway, for Ramdan's case, he was expected to leave BAM when Misbun resigned 2 years ago but he didnt or rather Misbun told him to stay. Ramdan said before, if his Papa wants him to stay he stay,leave, he leave.

GSH change to under Rashid? Oops if really happen then maybe we'll hear another player leave :p Then when contract is up, Hendrawan also will announce he go back INA

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but hendrawan decide to stay,i wonder why.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

But are you sure it is he who decided or someone else who decides it;) or 'something' that decides it.

14. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

[h=2]a quick snapshot on the Malaysian local newspaper.

OLYMPICS: Ramdan confident Misbun can steer him to 2016 Games[/h]MISBUN Ramdan has missed Misbun Sidek's guidance for the last two years and believes his Olympics dreams will be fulfilled by training under his father again.
    Ramdan said he had a good relationship with his current coach Hendrawan but couldn't resist the urge to train under Misbun and that led to his decision to quit the national team.
    In fact, the 22-year-old Ramdan wanted to join Misbun when the latter quit his position as the national singles coach at the end of 2010 but his father wanted him to remain in the national team and learn to be independent.
    Ramdan feels the time has come for him to take a familiar route to success as achieved by World No 1 Lee Chong Wei, his uncle Rashid Sidek, Wong Choong Hann, Hafiz Hashim and Roslin Hashim -- all of who were groomed by Misbun.
    However, Misbun has not agreed to coach Ramdan yet and the latter is currently training under his uncle Rahman at Nusa Mahsuri.
    "I have always wanted to train under my father and I have missed his guidance for the last two years. He has abstained from getting involved in my career since I was under Hendrawan and gave me a free hand but it's time to train under him again," said Ramdan.
    "In fact, I wanted to leave the BA of Malaysia (BAM) when my father quit as coach but he insisted that I remained with the national team and learn to be independent. Other than some advice when I really need it, he didn't coach me or be around during tournaments.
    "He has been spending time fishing and also conducts Nusa Mahsuri coaching clinics. I have been jealous at times because my father had created many world class players and yet, I couldn't get the opportunity to train under him.
    "I wanted to prove myself first and I had some results to show and after winning the national title, I thought it is the right time to persuade my father to take me under his wings again.
    "I am confident I can qualify for the 2016 Olympics if I can train under my father. It is not easy to make him change his my mind and I will have to ask my mother's (Latifah) help to achieve my objective."
    Chong Wei won more than 20 international crowns and the 2008 Olympics silver under Misbun's guidance and also remained as the World No 1 during that period.
    Misbun was also responsible for helping Rashid win the bronze medal in the 1996 Atlanta Olympics while Choong Hann was the first men's singles to finish runners-up in the 2003 World Championships while Hafiz became the 2002 Commonwealth Games winner as well as the 2003 All England champion.
    [​IMG]Misbun Ramdan, who quit the national team, says it’s time to train under his father Misbun Sidek again.

Read more: Counting on dad for Rio - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/counting-on-dad-for-rio-1.198813#ixzz2HWv0IVfv

15. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

another snapshot and heart to heart confess from Misbun Ramdan. I translate this word. my father is my idol's since my childhood. I have been watching him produced a world class player.

sorry too lazy to translate the rest. plus my english is not that good.

[h=1]Ramdan tagih sentuhan Misbun[/h]Oleh NORZIE MOHD. KHASBI
    norzie.khasbi@utusan.com.my

KUALA LUMPUR - "Saya tinggalkan segala keistimewaan di BAM (Persatuan Badminton Malaysia), sedangkan saya tidak ada penaja... Itulah pengorbanan saya untuk pikat hati bapa dan berlatih bersamanya.'' Itu luahan bintang sedang meningkat, Misbun Ramdan Misbun ketika menjelaskan sebab mengapa dia meninggalkan skuad kebangsaan secara tiba-tiba.
    Malah Ramdan mengakui, tindakannya mungkin berisiko apatah lagi dia tidak pernah berbincang mengenai perkara tersebut dengan Datuk Misbun Sidek, namun demi memenuhi impian untuk berguru bersama bapanya, dia mengambil keputusan nekad dengan harapan bapanya akan menerima.
    "Saya tidak pernah bincang perkara ini (keluar BAM) dengan bapa. Dulu saya ada cakap hendak berlatih dengannya tetapi dia suruh saya kekal dalam skuad kebangsaan, sebab itu saya terpaksa ambil keputusan sendiri dan harap dia faham. Saya percaya, tidak mungkin dia akan membiarkan saya,'' akui Ramdan.
    Mungkin tindakan Ramdan mengejutkan ramai pihak, namun bagi pemain yang genap 22 tahun pada 16 Mac ini, dia memang sudah lama mahu meninggalkan BAM untuk mengikut Misbun, namun niat itu terbantut kerana dihalang oleh bapanya sendiri.
    "Bapa adalah idola saya sejak kecil. Saya tengok dia melatih bapa saudara saya, Rashid Sidek di Sukan Olimpik (meraih gangsa di Atlanta 1996). Dia bawa Hafiz Hashim muncul juara All England, kemudian bimbing Roslin Hashim jadi pemain No. 1 dunia. Terbaru, dia mengangkat (Datuk) Lee Chong Wei ke tahap sekarang.
    "Sejak kecil, impian saya hanya mahu menjadi anak didiknya. Saya bermain badminton pun kerana bapa saya dan saya tidak pernah terfikir untuk berlatih dengan orang lain. Ketika masuk BAM, bapa yang bawa saya untuk menjadi sparring (rakan sepelatih) sebab itu bila dia keluar, saya kata... Saya hendak ikut tetapi dia tidak bagi.
    "Dia kata, dari kecil saya selalu ikut dia ke mana-mana, sekarang saya kena berdikari, saya kena meluaskan pengetahuan dan ilmu, sebab itu saya kena kekal di BAM dan berlatih bersama Hendrawan. Sepanjang saya berlatih dengan skuad kebangsaan, dia langsung tidak pernah menyentuh mengenai program saya, kami tidak pernah bincang mengenainya.
    "Dia tahu, hati saya memberontak hendak keluar daripada skuad kebangsaan dan berlatih bersamanya tetapi disebabkan dia tidak benarkan, saya tidak berani hendak minta. Saya sedar, dia seorang jurulatih hebat sedangkan saya hanya pemain muda yang tidak punya apa-apa, jadi siapalah saya hendak berlatih di bawahnya.
    "Namun, kejayaan memenangi gelaran pertama di Terbuka Pahang (Oktober) dan muncul juara kebangsaan bulan lalu memberi kekuatan kepada saya untuk bertindak. Sejujurnya, bapa tidak tahu yang saya akan ambil keputusan ini, sekarang terpulang kepadanya sama ada mahu menerima saya sebagai anak murid atau tidak,'' kata Ramdan ketika ditemui selepas latihan bersama Nusa Mahsuri di Dewan Badminton Kompleks Sukan MBPJ, Kelana Jaya semalam.
    Ditanya apakah dia kini menyertai Nusa Mahsuri, kelab profesional yang diwujudkan oleh keluarga legenda Sidek, Ramdan menjelaskan, ketika ini dia hanya berlatih di sana dan tidak tahu apakah kelab itu mempunyai perancangan untuknya.
    Dia juga mengakui, belum mempunyai penaja, malah tidak ada mana-mana pihak yang datang menawarkan tajaan kepadanya untuk meneruskan karier, namun dia sentiasa percaya, bapanya pasti mampu merencanakan sesuatu untuk masa depannya.
    Ramdan turut menegaskan, dia tidak mempunyai sebarang masalah dengan Hendrawan, malah berterima kasih kepada jurulatih kelahiran Indonesia itu yang telah banyak meningkatkan permainannya sepanjang dua tahun ini.
    Anak kedua Misbun itu juga menegaskan, dia tidak punya masalah dengan BAM biarpun pelbagai cerita keluar di laman sosial Facebook dan Twitter.
    "Saya mendapat layanan yang baik daripada Hendrawan mahu pun BAM, itu yang boleh saya katakan. Saya berterima kasih kepada mereka kerana keistimewaan yang diberi kepada saya selama ini, tetapi saya mempunyai impian sendiri dan impian saya adalah berlatih dengan Misbun Sidek.
    "Memang sekarang saya tidak ada penaja dan saya tidak ada perancangan, yang saya nampak hanya Misbun dan Misbun. Namun saya percaya, masakan bapa saya hendak biarkan saya, sudah tentu dia akan merencanakan sesuatu untuk saya, saya percaya kepadanya dan serahkan sepenuhnya karier serta masa depan saya di tangannya.
    "Saya telah nampak sendiri di depan mata saya bagaimana dia melahirkan juara, sebab itu saya tidak pernah meragui kemampuannya untuk menaikkan saya. Mungkin, kalau kami dapat bermula dari sekarang, saya beri tempoh dua tahun lagi untuk berada pada tahap pemain terbaik dunia,'' kata Ramdan.

Artikel Penuh: http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/Sukan/20130110/su_03/Ramdan-tagih-sentuhan-Misbun#ixzz2HWwT4KVc
    © Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd

16. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Well, his dad, Misbun Sidek, is known to be a bit "tao fong" ... will be interesting to see how daddy responds !! :D

17. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    what tao fong
    i only know tau foo.

18. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Literal translation from Cantonese: "head wind" (or windy head) - phrase to mean - in the MOST POLITE terms: unpredictable ... in slang - "a bit nutty"... ;)

19. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader

Read more: Misbun to coach son Ramdan - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/misbun-to-coach-son-ramdan-1.199963#ixzz2HjrHb9aB