Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA National Team will go [in full force] to Japan Open 2009... They will skip China Masters...

#1361 Krisna, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
  3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In my opinion, being "thrown out" by the National Team might not be a bad thing after all as she's persistently getting beaten in the early rounds of SS events.

Her priority is to use the 6 mths period to heal her knees and then start to build her confidence back by winning smaller titles first. Let's face it, she WILL NOT WIN ANY SS titles at her current state. So, why exert herself to risk of worse injury???

4. narnia

narnia Regular Member

badMania, a question.

Hendra Gunawan and Vita are all in the National Team? They played XD in Taipei. I knew from you that players of the National Team cannot play in two categories. Thanks.

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    And then play in GP events followed by some GP Golds... maybe play in SS close to home: MAS SS, SIN SS, INA SS...

Hendra and Vita WERE in the National Team. They are now not in the National Team anymore... :) The practice on their own and pay for their own expense...

6. tjiang2

tjiang2 Regular Member

They are independent players.

7. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Thanks Krisna, and tjiang2

Yeah, I actually hoped, while seeing the match live in Taipei, that the new INA team got the winner's cash to INA.

:)

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, many INA top-players had been trained with hard discipline by Tahir Djide.
    Rest In Peace...

September 04, 2009

Badminton

Tahir: Coach, Hero, Badminton Pioneer

As if Indonesia’s badminton title drought was not bad enough, the sport suffered another blow on Friday.

Muhammad Tahir Djide, one of the country’s premier coaches, died early on Friday morning at Hasan Sadikin Hospital in Bandung, West Java, due to complications from liver cancer.

Tahir, who was 70 years old, underwent surgery for his cancer on Aug. 10. He is survived by a wife and two children.

“He was diagnosed with cancer in early August and was looking better after the surgery. But on Wednesday, his condition worsened so we brought him back to the hospital until the day he died,” said his daughter, Sri Rahayu Aprilita Bugiwati.

Born in Sidrap, South Sulawesi, on April 14, 1939, Tahir was one of the driving forces behind Indonesia’s rise to prominence in badminton. He revolutionized training in the country after his appointment as national team coach in 1971, convincing shuttlers that talent and skill alone were not enough to be successful and introducing modern physical training.

His teams in the 1970s were known as the “Magnificent Seven” and produced three consecutive Thomas Cup titles from 1973 to 1979. Among his charges were men’s singles shuttlers Rudy Hartono (eight-time All England champion) and Lim Swie King (three-time All England champion) and Iie Sumirat, as well as men’s doubles pairs Tjuntjun and Johan Wahyudi, and Christian Hadinata and Ade Chandra.

Tahir helped Icuk Sugiarto win the men’s singles world championship in 1983. World champions Ardy Bernardus Wiranata and Taufik Hidayat also benefited from his tutelage.

“He was a great coach,” said Christian, the current Indonesian national team coach. “Not only a coach, he was also a father, a friend, a teacher for all athletes.

“That’s why, despite his hard discipline and sometimes harsh training, all the shuttlers respected and loved him so much.”

“It’s because of him that I became a coach after retiring. He taught me a lot about how to become a great coach, just like he was,” he added.

Tahir’s achievements were recognized by the Indonesian government when President Abdurrahman Wahid presented him with the Mahaputra Pratama medal in August 2000, officially making him a national hero. Tahir retired on March 1, 2008, ending a 37-year career, but he still found time to start BM 77, a badminton club for children in Bandung.

Following Friday prayers, Tahir was buried in Cikutra Heroes Cemetery in Bandung.

Antara, JG
    http://thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/tahir-coach-hero-badminton-pioneer/328093

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I heard from a credible source that GlobalTV is negotiating for the rights to air as many Super Series live broadcasts as possible. Thus, INA badminton fans can watch more live badminton in 2010... :) I think this will further escalate another badminton boom in INA... INA have always relied more on 'outstanding natural talents' to pop up...

By 2020, we will get plenty of stars... :p Be patient INA fans... Rome was not built in one day...

#1369 Krisna, Sep 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That's a more realistic assessment, instead of forcing her to go to Japan, French, Denmark, and probably HKG SS.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I would suggest for PBSI to send some of their players, esp those that need titles badly to send their top-team to the Dutch Open GP and then followed by Denmark SS; rather than sending to Denmark & French SS.

Players I would like to see winning titles at GP level:
    1. Simon Santoso -- no title since Chinese-Taipei Open GP Gold 2008.
    2. Adriyanti Firdasari & Maria Kristin Yulianti -- no titles to show for at GP level and above.
    3. Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki -- no title since Dutch Open GP 2007.
    4. Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii -- time for Grace to win some titles.
    5. Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita -- title at GP level is welcomed.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It's good news for INA viewers who don't subscribe pay TV, GlobalTV has declared as INA badminton channel. Hmm, waiting 'badminton fever' like 80's and 90's era.:)

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes... exactly! :cool:

I heard even Mel-Shendy said that they prefer to play in more Gold GP events to build confidence and experience... :)

14. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    Guys, how do you know all these stuffs? Players i know/heard of are not many, maybe even less than 10, that includes the former players.. :(

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^You should start reading..^^

..from the 1st page of this thread..;)
    *Just a hint, badMania & Sandy have been two of the longest active INA members in here and both surely have followed the INA baddy scene for quite a long time; esp. Sandy.
    The others, CLELY, Krisna and Hauge (huangkwokhau) are regular contributors. Some of them even have connections to the players.:cool:

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

by the way, it seems like the pair of mona santoso/vita marissa actually can go far and many tournaments. They just need to be more consistent especially vita marissa. ;) just Imo

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Well..^^

..it's just one tourney, a GP/GP Gold type tourney w/out much of the world's top WD pairs competing..;)

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

what and when is their next tournament?

19. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    ok i'll try.. i really need to catch up with the facts, since im indonesian and also 1/x chinese, both countries are badminton champions, then i guess i should gain much more info about this game :D too bad i didnt have the chance to watch the recent indonesian championship on TV..

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I followed INA badminton since we won the 1984 Thomas Cup over China... :) But not extensively like today... Oh if you want to read a lot of badminton news, I recommend www.bulutangkis.com

Regarding the Chinese Indonesians [INA citizens who are descendants of Chinese immigrants]... let me just share this story.... China's [then] Prime Minister Zhou Enlai was asked by the Chinese community of Bandung during the 1955 Konferensi Asia Afrika:

Question: "How does China see us? And how should we behave?"
    Answer: "Chinese descendants in INA are like China's daughter who is now married to an Indonesian. You may never forget nor should you ever be ashamed that you come from your original family [China], but when you've decided to live in Indonesia, your first loyalty is to your new family...

Change your name to an Indonesian name just like how a daughter's surname changes if she marries a man. [For example... you might be called Wang Lianxia when you're born, but now you call yourself Susi Susanti] Wave your husband's flag, not your your old-family's flag. Do good deeds to bring honor to your husband's family...

Avoid selfishness and arrogance, behave with righteousness, fairness, and sincerety.. win the hearts of your in-laws ...because you want to be accepted by all Indonesians as a true member of the Indonesian family. You may visit your old-family once in a while, but never forget that you're now someone's wife, daughter in law, and sister in law... Don't be away from your husband too long, and don't ever forget to uphold your new family's honor first...

Be a good daughter in-law!" :cool:

This is what we see quite a lot in INA badminton! Rudy, King, Ivana, Christian, Imelda, Alan, Susi, Ardy, Hariyanto, Candra, Tony, Simon, Hendra, Greysia, Vita, Liliyana all are fighting for the honor of INA, never for China's interests... :D

#1380 Krisna, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009