Malaysian MD went down fighting (in pics)

Discussion in 'Continental Championships 2008' started by abedeng, Apr 19, 2008.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Posted by Loh:

The cheerleaders were there early and were warming up to prepare for the last match of the evening when their young Malaysian stars, the only ones left standing up to this SF stage, would hopefully appear to compensate them with a victory they so eagerly awaited.

It seemed likely that their wish would be granted when KKK and TBH decisively showed their class to take the first game convincingly. So the cheering, the banging of the drums, the blowing of the horns and the response from the largely partisan crowd went louder and louder.

But the Korean boys had other ideas. They remained stubborn and refused to give in. Instead they turned the tide on the Malaysian pair to regain the second game with a coordinated attacking force.

The Koreans never looked back and continued their mounting aggression into the third and deciding game. They were already ahead by about 5 points before the interval and this gap continued thereafter even when they reach the critical 17 points mark. The Malaysians woke up a little by then to narrow the gap but it was already too late.

So no Malaysians were represented in the Finals on Malaysia's home ground. Hopefully, Malaysia could regain some pride in the Thomas Cup and the Beijing Olympics.

Attached Files:

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

nice photos by loh there.:)
    what camera are u using, loh?
    thanks to abedeng for posting those pics also

3. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

nice :) i was in JB too

4. george@chongwei

so, did u took any pics??:)

5. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    great pics, too bad for the loss tho, still, nice!

BTW think i saw Ants on TV just now during the ABC final, MS time... it was during the interval, Ants was waving at the TV cam, holding his SLR... is it?? or was it a lookalike?

6. george@chongwei

i think ants was not in JB for this time ABC:)
    maybe u saw the wrong fellor..that looks a like with ants

7. winnie

winnie Regular Member

nice coverage! good job abedeng n loh ;)

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thanks George.

I was using my 'old' Nikon D70 with the help of my 'old' but reliable tripod, which abedeng helped to carry into the stadium! :D Louisa was not there to help us but Jessica was constantly by my side to lend me moral support. Unfortunately, since we were a little late, both of us had to sit on the concrete steps whilst our other BC friends were relaxing on the comfortable chairs.

Thankfully tjl_vanguard (Wilson from Kuching), whom we met at the entrance when he had to wait for his ticket, contacted Jessica by handphone to join us later on the hard seats and to keep Jessica occupied whilst I concentrated on taking pictures.

I did not return to Singapore as the others did. Instead I joined abedeng to stay overnight at Pulai Springs Resort (a golf club with hotel accommodation facilities). It turned out to be a good choice for the next morning we were able to wander in the vicinity of the golf club and savour some of its attractions. Of course I took the opportunity to take some pictures.

After the semi-finals, we adjourned for dinner at the Thai Restaurant (pics in another post by jimbo) which is just a stone's throw from New York Hotel, where the players stayed and BC friends like Rudy, Fastdrop and tjl-vanguard, were also there.

It was already quite late when we returned to Pulai Springs Resort. After our showers, abedeng was first to retire as he was still having the flu and I took the chance to go through my numerous pics to select the appropriate ones for posting here after editing for quality and size to enable me to fit into BC's attachment requirements. I made use of abedeng's note book which I'm not quite used to as the size is much smaller. Just look at the time of my post and you would know I had almost forgotten about it with the punishment that I suffered from the lack of sleep for the rest of the night. ;):cool::D

#8 Loh, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  9. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    haha... apologies Ants! :D then who is that guy with the SLR cam? wah.. wish i can have one... :D

oh yea, any other pics of MAS players? the other pic thread is locked, and another only has China Players pics...

10. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    Thank you for acknowledge the commitment of Famemas supporters. Although Malaysia lost, we as fan did not lose,we cheer till the end of the match. KKK and TBH have displayed good game. Thank you for putting my photo inside as I am a member of Famemas.Malaysian will always stand behind the players whether rain or shine.

11. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

nice pics, looks like fun, a real family atmosphere which is nice to see ....

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the coverage..

..yes, i noticed that; you were still up and awake at 4:11am in the wee hours of the morning...:cool:

13. george@chongwei

ayu, where are u in the photos that loh had taken??
    can u let us know?:)

14. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    Amazing pictures

Thanks 4 the great pictures abedeng .Is there a link Pls let me know.Thank U again:):):)

15. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    I am in the front row holding the Malaysian flag beside the Chinese man holding the horn.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Ah, so that's you..^^

..very well!..But since the guy sat right behind you, were your ears ringing from all the constant blaring from the horn??..:confused: :p

17. george@chongwei

hmm, so does that mean that this is our noridayu???:)
    heheh

Attached Files:

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Chris I thought you've seen her before! No! It's the one holding the Malaysian flag with both hands outstretched right at the bottom of the pic.

19. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    I have a great fun supporting the team with Famemas supporters. Beside meeting with Famemas, I also meet BC members who are there in JB. Thank you for making your day to support the team. Everybody play their parts in cheering. I am used to loud noise.

20. george@chongwei

so noridayu, do u took any pics during the ABC???