My Racket and improvement Arc9FL --> Nanoray700FX --> Arc9FL --> Arc10Premium --> ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Pai4sale, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Hi guys :) ,

Just an update of my rackets and improvement since I've started to play this amazing sport and joined this site.

As it's stated in this thread.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...dition-or-Nanoray-700RP-HELP-CHOOSING-D/page4

With your helps, I've finally got a Yonex ArcSaber 9FL. My favourite PINK racket! I totally love it! But after been playing with it for a few months. I've got a chance to get my hand on Nanoray 700fx cheaper from Thailand. Out of my curiosity, I've bought it and had been using it for a few months. With more confidence in playing, I have changed my racket string tension to 24 lbs . But after a while, I could feel that it's not really the right racket for me and my style of play. It's not powerful and helpful enough for my clear, smash and defence. For all the dropshots and net shots and drive, it is absolutely fine. After decided, I went back playing with my lovely PINK 9FL re-strung with BG66 Ultimax at 24 pounds. I could see an improvement in my smash, defence and other net shots etc.

After changing back, now I could feel the real different between them two. Arc 9fl is a lot easier to play with. My smash is more powerful, my clear is better. I had to adjust the time back a bit as it is slower than the Nanoray 700fx but It wasn't long. Then in August last year I've joined a new really good club that uses feathers, with really good standard of play and joins the local league. I got asked to join their ladies' doubles team. What a surprise! :D I honestly didn't even think I would pass their selective admission the first time I went to try out lol but a bit before I'd had my first league match, I went back to Thailand to visit my family.

In Bangkok I went to my friend's dad club. Haven't played with them that much, I had accidentally smashed my racket to the other guy's hand and grip while trying to hit the same shot. It wasn't harsh, I did check that he wasn't hurt and found out that my 9FL was broken! :') I was so gutted as it was pink!, definitely wasn't cheap and I started to really enjoy using it again.

I took it to a badminton shop whose owner I know to ask his opinion about it as there's a fixing service for broken racket in Bangkok. He said I could try and do it but it wouldn't be the same racket anymore, hence the weight, the balance and the capability to handle high string tension. He told me he'd rather get a new racket and he recommended me the Arcsaber 10. At the time he'd got some of the normal version in Red/Yellow and the last Premium 2012 in Matte Black/Gold both are 3UG5. Firstly, I was thinking the red one. But I've just got a new pair of Yonex SHB F1 LTD in Gold, so yes I went for the last Premium LTD edition one he's got left with the gold to go with my shoes. I am a girl who did Fashion in uni, what you expect? :p lol I strung it with the same BG66 Ultimax at 24 lbs. I've taken the original grip off and replaced it with white Yonex tacky fit grip.

After playing with it for a few months, I wouldn't ask for any better rackets. I can definitely see a BIG BIG improvement in my defence and attack. Normally on Sunday, I've been playing with just men. So their smashes are vicious and annoyingly hard to get them back. With my Arc10, it's not such a problem anymore. My clear on a good day doesn't cause me any problems of getting smashed back when it's short, well still sometimes when I don't really pay attention :p My smash is now a very FUN thing to do comparing to the Arc9FL. With Arc9FL just after keeping smashing for a few times, my arm became tiring. But with The Arc10 I could just keep smashing then kill without feeling that much strain, It executes brilliantly and I'm a type of girl who will smash too when I can. The drop shops, net shots and pushes are all easy and fine. The whole game has improved and a lot more enjoyable when it's easier to smash and defend. It is definitely an Arc9FL with the men-edge to it like what you all have said and it is Mr.right for me :)

After reading and updating here, I'm now having an eye for the Arcsaber11 But I'm still really happy with my Arc10 so I will be using it until I've got a chance or enough money to get it when it's out.

Thank you for all your helps again and hope this update is useful to some.

xxx

#1 Pai4sale, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nice story. the ARC10 is a very solid racket with a lot of room to grow. many professional players still swear by it. it sounds like you are a strong player and if your budget don't allow, you can start playing with different strings instead. however, if you really want to play around with new racket, the ARC11 seems to be the natural upgrade. it is still new but the initial review has been quite good.

3. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Hi Kwun,

I love all your Adidas updates and reviews, very much enjoy and appreciate that. As a fan of them, I hope they do well in badminton and bring more money, attentions and other competitors in to this sport. I will be looking forward to seeing all the final products and get some of them too.

Strings is something I've always got not much clue about. and as I've got just 2 rackets and I don't swap at the moment so I haven't got a chance to change to something else, especially re-stringing service here in the UK is not cheap either. But I would like to know your opinion on other string options I should try on the next re-stringing or when I've got another back up racket I can try on. Thank you :)

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I agree with kwun, you could try various type of strings as strings will give different feeling to a racket. If you feel a racket balance & stiffness is suitable for you, but somehow it does not play that good, than it is the string or tension or both that does not match with the racket and you, you just have to find the right formula for yourself at the stage you are currently in. Owning 2 same rackets are easier way to try different strings or different tension. Both racket have to be strung at the same time by the same stringer and you got to know which one is which and you can play interchangeably in a day and see which one you prefer. I know it is costly though, especially on the side of the world you are currently living in, therefore take your time ;) .

5. Pai4sale

Pai4sale Regular Member

Thank you :) I think maybe for the next re-stringing, I'll string with a different one to see. Have to look up at reviews and specification of each string to know more I guess.