LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Thats exactly how much they are here, unstrung - AUD205.

Again, if you don't want to pay Western prices......don't buy them in the West!

2. BadBoy087

BadBoy087 Regular Member

officer
    still had margin between 2~5 gr in sw compared to it's true weight. can't they make one that swings true to weight? is it that tricky to doing so?

3. visor

visor Regular Member

ummm... that's not the point

the point is that vt80 and vtzf feels heavier when you swing it than the specs indicate

4. cylife

cylife Regular Member

Lease Management
    just came back from a session. half of the time I used VT80 3U strung at 26lbs with Zymax 62 and the other half I used VtZF 3U withYY Ultimax at 26lbs. both are excellent rackets but I feel that ZF packs a meaner punch. To me it is also stiffer. If I had to choose , I think ZF would be my go to racket now.

5. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

That seems to be the case for Taiwan too. I haven't heard of any release date yet for Taiwan. It's good to see Yonex is focused on the core badminton markets of the US, Canada and Australia. No need to focus on frontier badminton backwaters like Taiwan and the UK!

6. BadBoy087

BadBoy087 Regular Member

officer
    is it means that i have to find one weighing around 80~81 gr to get a sw in between 85~86 gr? cause i found that 85~86 gr of sw suit me better

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You don't get it - we NEVER pay more than 150€ for a racket here^^ It's quite unusual, and I can't help but blame it on Li Ning and Victor. When Li Ning was available in more than like 2 or 3 shops, they started increasing prices, and Victor wants 170€ for the MX series. (although the BS LYD is only 120-130€).
    Yonex has been very consistent with their prices over the last couple years, always taking 150€ for the freshly released top models. I guess it's really just this one shop using the fact they're the first to have it to their advantage and ripping GO visitors off :)

8. Iori

Iori Regular Member

Well, could be inflation and fx fluctuations. You cannot expect to never pay more for something with inflation. Maybe the Japanese thinks that the € will go down the drain when the central bank starts printing money to bail out bankrupt countries.

Usually competition decrease prices, so blaming Victor when they always price their rackets 20% Yonex seems kinda unreasonable. The funny thing is Yonex in Canada has gotten cheaper since the Canadian dollar got stronger.

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I think the NS9000X when debuted at German Open was even more than that but indeed the actual price in the shops usually ends up being lower than at these events. But iirc at the time that was the rrp for NS9000X it was going for at the GO (€169) but surely €160 is not the rrp for VT-ZF. VT80 was €160 in Holland at most shops in the beginning as well ... and now between 130-140.

#809 demolidor, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Did you not read my post? the MX series went for 170-185 here. That is NOT below Yonex. Usually, they are cheaper, but somehow thought they could get more out of us for the MX70&80.
    Anyhow, I already said that the 169 is probably just as long as bsl sells it exclusively at the German Open. After that, competition will increase (i.e. other shops will sell it as well) and the price'll probably drop to the usual 150€.
    'Printing money to bail out bankrupt countries' is not how it works, btw ;)

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep.................... :)

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    it makes some sort of sense though to chagre more for better rackets :)

13. visor

visor Regular Member

To the dealer maybe, but to the consumer that's called gouging. :p

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think a consistent price for the top range is best, and that's what's Yonex and Victor have been doing so far (if you ignore the MX). The 80 was only some kind of limited edition/limited supply, so it's not even easily available around here anymore...funny marketing strategy, if you ask me. The 70 is seemingly deemed to have more potential and was released normally.
    But let's get back to discussing Yonex' new piece of kit and wait for the review of an advanced player :)

15. Iori

Iori Regular Member

Ya I read your post, but you confused me with your statement of NEVER paying more for goods despite inflation. The price of carbon graphite increase, fuel increase, then racket prices increase, makes sense to me. Why must Victor sell below Yonex? If the market price for a professional grade racket is 170 then its 170.

All I'm saying is someone is going to pay at the end and quantitative easing is ONE way of doing it.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The statement wasn't about goods, it was about professional grade rackets. And since carbon is getting more and more common, it gets cheaper instead of more expensive as it's produced in bigger quantities. And it's strange for a company fighting for market shares to price a product significantly above the rest of their own as well as the opposition's.
    Victor has to sell below Yonex, btw. They have to fight for market shares because they're kind of unpopular around here. Only their better prices make them a threat, otherwise nearly everyone would buy other brands.
    The Korean team does not have much of an advertising effect around here as the German badminton player in general is rather ignorant concerning international competition. About 2 thirds of the group I watched the GO with yesterday did not recognize the giant Lee Chong Wei ad.
    Yonex has the big advantage of being the brand that was always there, and the best for an incredibly long time.

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah, it's strange to me that a company would introduce a new model and not 'add it to the top' and drop all other rackets down a rung and price lower accordingly.

I mean, 4 year old designs selling for essentially the same price as a new model seems stupid to me. Sure, it focusses the attention on the new model, but I wonder how many potential customers are saying to themselves "You know I really like the ZF but the spec just doesn't suit me....on the other hand the AT900T does suit me......but damn, it's basically the same price and it's a 4 year old design.......maybe I'll buy a Victor"

:)

You're right Jackie - Victor distro in DE seems a bit retardo. One of the draws for me was the fact that Victor has esentially the same performance as Yonex for 60% of the price. If Victor was the same price as Yonex I'd consider Yonex more than I do, which is exactly what the DE Victor distro shouldnt want. Sure, gradually push upmarket, but don't gouge knowing your customers can't really buy from SE Asia. That will come back to bite you on the arse, bigtime.

And as I know that the raw production cost of a badminton racket is about USD30, this makes me even more reluctant to spend AUD200+ on a new racket.

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Jaysus, everyone is using the Z-Force - LCW, Gade, Akelsen....... Yonex may as well flush the rest of thier product line down the toilet!

#818 Maklike Tier, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  19. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Just received my JP racket. Comparisons between JP and SP coming by tomorrow!

20. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    seems not much different between vt80 and vtzf. just only smaller head size and heavier about 5% , and stiffer shaft 5%. LoL so there is no strong reason for change vt 80 with vtzf... is it true??