2012 All England SSP: Sunday 11-March Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes i do realize that on the final, some of his placement is going all over the places, that is the point that hold my back for jumping into conclusion that it is a 100% fake injury. In 2nd set, LCW steep cross court half smash, and later followed by aggressive push to the empty court able to deliver him a point & that is the time LCW called it a day. In performing that shot, it seems that he does not suffer so much from the injury.

There is a possibility that the injury is real, it might be due to overstretch the shoulder muscle too much, with a proper massage technique, it will soon recover.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I think it was good quality and I was surprised that Li remained calm throughout and did not try to hasten the game and commit unnecessary errors. Of she knows Wang's game well just as Wang knows her game. In the end it was the quality shots that earned Li her much deserved victory.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I was so tired that I fell asleep during the Womens Doubles (Match No.3).

If what you had proposed do happen, I am sure it would wake me up. :D:D:D

4. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    In my opinion, I think G1 was fought at the very highest level by both players, as is humanly possible, under such immense pressure from the fans and media.

As far as G1 is concerned, there is really no point in speculating how the injury affected LCW’s game because it was quite clear to me that the motivation or mental determination simply took over whatever (nagging) discomfort at that closing juncture of G1. LCW simply knew he had to throw all ammunitions he had to cross that finishing line and secure G1 – come hell or high water.

As Anthony Clark aptly remarked; “Sometimes an injury can work in favour of the injured (psychologically).”

Well, it most likely worked against LD because if he had lost to an injured LCW, his reputation would down the drain; the media and some on this forum would go berserk. From my perspective, LCW, in trying to surge ahead to close off G1, in fact put in more effort than he usually does against anyone and that resulted in some of the most remarkable display of skills and confidence I’ve ever seen from him. But even under such a unique circumstance when he had a slight (mental) edge over LD, he could not seal G1.

And of course unfortunately and understandably in the said process, it aggravated his injury to the point of early retirement in G2. I reckon he and Tay Siew Bock would have already planned this retirement if he is unable to secure G1.

So as far as G1 is concerned, we can safely conclude that LD is the superior player last night – injury or not. :)

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LCW will be the best and the serious challenger in the MS against LD at the 2012 London Olympics.

No wonder LCW laughed at her wrong translation.

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Rudy Hartono and Erland Kops were playing badminton before the Open Era...that's like the stone age of badminton ?????

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Just to tell you this...

LCW could have elected to give a walkover even before his match began.

However, LCW thought he would have some rallies with LD, just to please the crowd who have bought tickets to watch this LCW-vs-LD Final match.

And LD knew it too. :):):)

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I tend to agree with you, he didn't want to disappoint the crowd,eps his fans, and only stopped when he thinks enough is enough, cannot afford to risk aggravating his injury so near to the OG. I admire his sportsmanship and thoughtfulness.

9. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I don't think LD was really nervous. This is his 5th time winning All England. More like Lin Dan was not as motivated as before so he was not at full concentration for the match. You are right about LD not bringing his A game to the final.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The better word is super tense.

11. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Injury or no injury, LCW would only win if LD isn't motivated enough. A fully motivated LD is the LD from the 2008 Olympic Games and 2010 Thomas Cup. When LD is motivated, he is on a different level than LCW. LD's body language was not very enthusiastic during the celebrations - it's obvious that winning the All England has lost its luster for LD (compare this to LD's enthusiasm at Olympic 2008, Thomas Cup 2010, and even World Championship last year). Even at the World Championship last year, LD was playing at a lower level until the game was on the line in the 2nd and 3rd set.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Kak pjswift, its reported in The Star that LCW will withdraw from Swiss, straight fly back to Msia for treatment

13. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Question is how long does he need to recover before the Wuhan Thomas Cup..

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Whos volunteering to massage lcw shoulder?? Kekeke.. ;)

15. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    OMG I just realized that Lin Dan has played AE final eight time since 2004. Only missing at 2010, where he was beaten by compatriot Bao Chunlai at QF stage. This man is SO good. :D

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    That is why we called him SUPER DAN...

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Should recover in time lah. Doesnt really matter also, Msia would not win TC either way

18. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I agree with you on this... but not the rest of your post.

Boleh fans need to stop expecting LCW to beat the Super Dan in like from now until the end of his career because LD will always have some advantage over LCW in physicality. LCW can only win against LD when LD is not motivated or not on top form, end of story. Boleh fans are a bit naive in this sense.

LCW also used up his annual quota of beating LD once a year in KO this year. Let's face it, LCW never beat LD more than once a year before, and it only comes when LD feels like giving away freebies.

#778 julianng, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  19. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

This is called 胜之不武 (roughly -- winning without giving a real fight), that's why not happy :p

20. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

Likewise, I think JJS hasn't reached full power yet. As you can see that JJS still spending quite some time at front as opposed to before injury. I also think that JJS front court/net skills have improved, whereas LYD improved smashes from the back.