Kwong Hon Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by assraf, Feb 17, 2009.

1. WilkinMun

WilkinMun Regular Member

$$ Clarification

Just to clarify a bit of the $$ so that you guys can get the right info to make the right decision.

RM50.00 membership fee (a year)

RM7.00 per session (each session 7pm--9pm)

eg. First visit: RM50+RM7
    2nd visit: RM7
    3rd visit: RM7...... and so on

*After 9pm can continue until 11pm*
    *Shuttlecocks are provided*
    *Every Tuesday + Thursday*

Hope that this info is clear enough.;)

2. yeohray

yeohray Regular Member

Actually the RM 7/- per session for shuttlecocks is variable. It started off that we used to pay RM 1.20 per new shuttle that we used during a session, so if I came and played for only 1.5 hrs, and during that time I used 4 new shuttles in the games I played, I would pay RM 4.80 for that session.

However, lately we've been ending our sessions later, and we lost track of the no. of shuttles used per person. So a bunch of us decided to just pay a RM 7/- flat fee, as suggested by Edward, enough to cover the total shuttle costs.

If there were more people, or if you played using less new shuttles, I think Edward would be fine to adjust the shuttle fees accordingly.

Lastly, you can also come for trial sessions, in which case you pay RM 8/- for the court fees, + shuttle costs. I think Tuesdays would be preferable to Thursdays, as there are more courts available.

Thanks.

3. TWWong86

TWWong86 New Member

The rm7 per session=shuttlecocks included? Is it?:confused:

4. yeohray

yeohray Regular Member

Yes, if you decide to sign up as a member, for RM 50/- per year. Basically, the RM 50/- pays for the court fees for a year, which is 2 sessions a week, 2 hrs each session. That works out to ~RM 4/- per month. For every session you then attend, you pay only for the shuttlecocks.

If however you come for a trial session, and decide not to join as a member for whatever reason, you pay RM 8/- for the court fees, + shuttlecock costs for the no. of games you played.

5. TWWong86

TWWong86 New Member

Thx ya. Im actually looking 4 a badminton club. So im going 2 join the club dy. 2molo got play rite? And when i reached there need any registration? What should I do?

6. yeohray

yeohray Regular Member

Yes.

Just introduce yourself to Edward.

Warm up. Join in a few games. See how you feel about the place, the players etc. Then decide if you want to sign up for a year, and talk to Edward about it.

7. TWWong86

TWWong86 New Member

Ok. I'll be there 2molo nite. Hope to see u guys.

8. yeohray

yeohray Regular Member

Yesterday, 11 players, 2 courts, from 7 pm to 9 pm, and 8 players from 9 pm to ???pm/am? I gave up at 11:15 pm!

9. yeohray

yeohray Regular Member

Yesterday, 11 players, 4 courts, 7 pm to 9 pm, and 8 players, 2 courts, from 9 pm to 11:45 pm. And someone still wants to play singles after that, but no takers. Anyone interested?

As usual, members paid only RM 7/-, in addition to the annual RM 50/- fee.

10. kokyew

kokyew Regular Member

My shoulder was very pain and visited Wah Toh Tit Tar. They advised me to stop badminton for 1 MONTH!!!! :crying:

They charge very high fee at RM80 for first visit, then RM60 for subsequent visit. End up it will be more than RM200+ just to fix my shoulder!! :mad:

Anybody knows of a good & less expensive Tit Tar sifu in Cheras area? :confused:

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    is a good time to learn playing with you wrist!

12. WilkinMun

WilkinMun Regular Member

1 month ?? :eek::eek: that is a really a lot of time :(:(. I think I heard uncle David mentioned one in Sri Petaling. Since my arm-shoulder joint was not hurting at that moment, I was not paying much attention :p SORRY >_<

13. WilkinMun

WilkinMun Regular Member

Wow !!

Last time was having free banana and yesterday was having birthday cake :eek::eek::eek: although not sure exactly who was the birthday girl :p(no candles).

Never expect this club members have so much "benefit" :D:D. It is just like a little sport-picnic session.

14. yeohray

yeohray Regular Member

Perhaps the tension of your new NBG-98 is too high for you? Just a thought.

#194 yeohray, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  15. edward_my

edward_my Regular Member

Mini Tennis Coach
    Yes, I would think so ! Anyway, you cannot undo what isdone, so -
    1. change the way you play, like one suggested earlier; You should start to learn to use wrist, but if the tension is really high, then you are going to get your wrist hurt too :)
    2. strengthen you shoulder and back muscle, so that you arm is strong enough to play that tension
    Anyway, both method will help you improve your game, heehee....
    Hope to see you back on court soon, cheer

16. edward_my

edward_my Regular Member

Mini Tennis Coach
    Oh... forgot to tell you the tit tar sifu in Sri Petaling, there are 2.
    1. one is just opposite Endah Parade, if not directly opposite, is just not far away from there. You will notice the house outside, at the gate there, they hang one big sign and is written in chinese - 唐朝跌打。
    2. this one is next to Hotel Sri Petaling, Pizza Hut strecth of shop. The shop is at the top floor, ground floor got 2 clinics and 1 dentist. His name is Li Ta Zhe and he is from China but already settled down in Malaysia. His wife is our national walkathon lady from China also, Yuan Yi Fang. You might have to make appointment one, but you can mention my name, just tell him you are refer by me & Choong Hann, thne he knows what to do lah !! If you want to see him, call me to get the number.
    Hope the above info helps you.
    Get well soon.

17. edward_my

edward_my Regular Member

Mini Tennis Coach
    Another suggestion for you is to take Muscle Relaxion at the same time, yo ucan buy ... I think the name is called SINOFLEX. No side effect 1, you can ask the pharmacy. Once is over, can stop. 3 times a day.
    Good luck.

18. kokyew

kokyew Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm slow recovering now and should be able to back in action after 2 more weeks... :crying:

Never know high string tension could hurt my shoulder but this problem had been there for quite some time already, even before I changed my string. :mad:

Yeah, I also hope to strengthen my wrist and shoulder muscle. The problem is......... how to? :confused:

19. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
  20. kokyew

kokyew Regular Member

thank you

Wow wow!! Thanks for the methods that were used 40 years ago!! :eek: Joke joke... :D

Looking at your trainings I pengsan already :( It really needs much hard work to become a high hand player...:eek:

I have a 2kg dumbbell at home and I think I'll start with A1 first. OK to do just one only? You know lah, it's too difficult to do all of those suggested to be honest... :cool: