Lin Dan whitewashed LCW

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2009' started by bananakid, May 16, 2009.

1. charwaster

charwaster Regular Member

College Student
    LD and LCW have different type of body shape. LD apparently weighs more than LCW, and, unfair for other players, also has amazing cardio capacity to keep his body running and jumping all around the court. IMHO, LCW's power comes mainly from lower body and dexterity, while LD benefits from his strong biceps and core. LD's best ability is his fast recovery and fast decision. He can indeed control the games, though he sometimes seems to just give up--"ok. i'm out of this game. I won't do my best, and the one who's losing this game is not really me." As a right-handed person, I liked LCW just because his footwork is easier to follow than leftie LD's, and my body shape is also close to somewhat-skinny LCW. However, I might have to flip LD's videos with movie editor program, and follow his.

And final is between Li Ning vs. Victor? it was their good business decision to support CHN/KOR--they made "No Yonex" in the final matches!

2. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    If you read this thread http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=67571 then you will know how this thread title come about.

3. fantastic4

fantastic4 Regular Member

Student
    I'm wondering if Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Taufik Hidayat, and Peter Gade is retired. Then will MS matches be boring ? :rolleyes:

4. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend Regular Member

hopefully not, but to be totally honest there probably won't be players like them for a little while.

5. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i watched this match live...it seemed like LCW just lost focus and confidence from the crowd's chants...LD also took ample time during breaks to regain his focus after LCW gets a few points in a row, so LCW never got rhythm going...truth is, LD should've won the first game 21-12...but LD lost focus and relaxed too much and gave LCW points...the second game was pretty much what LD was about...getting it done, just not as flashy...it wasn't that entertaining to be honest...

6. kittiya

kittiya Regular Member

ants, where's misbun?

7. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I am not a Chong Wei fan, but I think whitewashed is a tad too strong of a word to use.

If you actually look at the match, they were almost equally matched for the most part, it was just that Lin Dan (ohmygawd, look at those arms!) managed to step it up at crucial stages.

8. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I think this was made to refer to the previous post of LCW whitewashing LD in the Swiss Open...

9. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

I have written before that LD is a consummate athlete flexible and powerful, agile and fast. His is a natural sportsman. If it is not badminton he would be equally good at other sports that requires the fast burst energy.

Frankly that's the difference btw LD and LCW, not that LCW smash is not powerful but LD can return LCW smashes easily because he can react faster.

The game between the two has become quite a bore but that only because the two players have now matured into a strategise and technical outmaneuvring of each other.

LD played tribute to the game when he said that this match is quite tough for him despite winning in two games.

Have y'all notice LD didnt smash as much compared to other games with LCW? That 's because LCW was delaying his shots to a fraction of a second trying to catch LD on the wrong footing and LD knows it and LD didnt want to take the risk of mistakes while smashing when he is out of position. HE won because he was more focus and use the right play at the crucial moments. LCW actually could have got closer at 18-15 but gave away the pint with his usual casualness when LD high return landed in.

LCW was on top of LD in the last rally only to have gone for the lines, he should have been more patient.

The laws of probalibilty will always favour LD and the danger for LCW now is that he may have to meet LD in SF in the next few SS series.

Fancy a PG - LD final in the future?

10. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    And final is between Li Ning vs. Victor? it was their good business decision to support CHN/KOR--they made "No Yonex" in the final matches![/quote]

Hahaha, minus the badminton court and the shuttlecock used in the final that is.:)

11. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Actually after watching the last few encounters LD and LCW had face-offs, I can only say that these 2 are currently the Best and Second Best badminton players in the world. I think LD is able to achieve his current level of being the Best player is because he has such a strong Second Best competitor in LCW to push him very hard. This theory works both way, LCW can achieve his status as the second best player in the world is because he had such stronger LD to chase after. Whoever, be it LD or LCW, don't continue to improve will be overtaken by the other. I think this can only be good for the rest of the badminton fans like us, better matches for us to adore in the future.

12. W Norman

W Norman Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    To Me , LD & LCW they are at another level in world badminton games , both of them a very-very good and skillfull player , by winning record , yes, agree that LD was better than LCW , LD is more accurate and powerfull , unless its doesnt happen.. than there will be LCW will become a winner . Are there mean LCW not a good player ? . No. to me he the only LD ultimate rival .. and LD after all , will be become another chapter in badminton legend story . (P/s: I'm still remember legendary Yang Yang , Morten Frost , Prakash Padukone , Icuk Surgiato, Rudy Hartono, Han Jian)

13. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

Honestly, I feel that game yesterday wasn't painful to watch seeing LCW losing to LD. It seems to me that LCW played more attacking lately compare to last time. It's quite enjoying also to watch that game. Nevertheless, it'll be better if LCW beats LD. XD XD

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

To me, LCW have gradually improving to match LD, from one match to the other match.
    From the Olympic08, LCW was 'whitewashed' by LD, to AE09, again LCW lost but able to produced resistance to LD, able to beat LD with straight game in Swiss Open 09 and now in Sudirman Cup, LCW lost but the whole match was not one sided anymore, LCW able to match LD stroke by stroke, and managed to returned most of LD smashes and LD has less oppotunity to produces his trade mark hard jumping smashes...........so congratulation to LCW for working hard to keep improving from match to match......hope he will be able to beat LD more offen in future..............

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    LCW is gradually improving to match Lin Dan. However Lin Dan is also improving himself even he is the best so far.

16. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

Both of them are improving. LD is so so fast now on court. His has always been fast but his way faster now especially during Olympics. LCW in my point of view has improved alot on his attacking. Attacking more compare to before.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It's a "reply" to the 'whitewash' thread Xball started when LD lost to LCW in Swiss SS finals.;)

18. eaglehelang

Maybe also, Misbun not there to tell LCW what new tactics to use:D;)

19. eaglehelang

Make that only 30%(max) of the 27 mil, the other 70% will be saying, "cannot one lah", seriously. ;)

20. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

The MS will be a bit boring if either one of Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei did not play each other in the same era. Can you imagine if Lin Dan did not had LCW as his nemesis or LCW standing alone without LD?

Hope we can see more of their meeting in the future where they will play the best that they can to entertain us.