Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Wait, now i'm confused... I thought import duty and VAT were compulsory for all items; and that the import duty varies (very low for badminton equipment) but VAT (20%) remains constant for all items; and that handling fees may incur as well? Is that right?

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Import duty only comes into play when item value exceeds 135GBP/150 euro but is only 2.7% anyway. VAT is indeed compulsory on items exceeding 15GBP/22 euro but given the amount of parcels arriving and the limited time available to process them, hardly all of them are actually going through the clearance process. It is up to the folks from Royal Mail to select the interesting ones (big/heavy parcels, or simply random selections). Handling fees always incur when the paperwork has to be done ("Any package assessed as being liable for customs charges will also incur a Royal Mail handling fee of £8.")
    That said the first fairly large package I had arrive in a while (dimension wise) immediately got inspected and charged two weeks ago.

#562 demolidor, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  3. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Oh, so whilst VAT is compulsory, there is still a chance that VAT may not be charged if it does not go through the clearance process?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Dang... I'm sure glad I'm in Canada. :p

5. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Hey they can screw us as well with tax and probably duty. Thankfully rackets are super light.

6. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

Anybody knows if the difference is only in colors and nothing change from the spec ?

7. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

I read that it is supposed to be a little lighter since the 1st gen was almost a 2U. Others who weighted theirs will be able to confirm or deny that.

8. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

That sounds great. I had games for 5 hours straight with my VT80 just now. My shoulder and wrist now are very tired (nearly numb) cause I had more double games. If its true this new Victor LYD is lighter, I will definitely wait and buy the new one :)

9. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

It's not any lighter unless it's due to variance. Specs are identical and you can see both on the Victor Global site.
    The N definitely looks sexier!

10. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Well, I hope that others will be able to confirm that. It's only what I've read so let's wait if some people around here will show up ;)

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Old one wasn't always around 2U - just had some variance. What I held in my hands was a normal 3U (86-87ish) and pretty fast. Even a near-2U-LYD will be much quicker than a 3U VT80

12. swunk

swunk Regular Member

mine said 92g on handle sticker and 3U on the handle specs. I dont know, maybe 92 means the weight with strings or what. It feels lighter than, e.g. arc11, though you can still feel it's a little head-heavy. and no problem to move around, just a normal feeling of a fast 3U racket. Talking bout old white/gold one )

13. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

what do you mean with variance ? I read around and people was saying different 'delivery batch' somehow can have different feel; is that what you meant ?

14. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    there is always a chance.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Variance should've been variation^^ Although variance makes sense as well.
    It's not so much the batches as a whole but the single rackets that vary in weight. The LYD has had quite a few users (owning several) reporting this, and I've experienced it with the Bs09 as well...

16. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

I still dont get it...as far as I know, badminton rackets are mass produced. how could it be possible that a mass production produces different product ?? OMG maybe Victor rackets are produced hand-made ???

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

In every product, there's variation. Apparently you're not familiar with the production process of rackets - a lot of manual labor goes into it (same with every brand). Slight differences in the carbon sheets or paint are responsible for the differences in weight/balance, and no one seems to deem similarity important enough to improve the production process...pros don't care as they just pick the specs they're comfortable with and can give back what they don't like.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

You do realize that all rackets are hand made, right? ;)

19. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

Well I didnt expect such noticable differences.. does people mentioned about the same thing for yonex or other brands ?

I do know :))

20. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

Im watching indonesia open (MD game between indonesia vs korean) and LYD is using a blue frame racket ? thats not the new BS LYD ? :)