Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

Sorry but i dunt understand wat u mean. We add some weight to make it less head heavy? NR

2. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    in theory it will lower the balance point of the racket. it help to adjust your racket headheavy feeling without sacrifice power wise and also making easy to control and maneuver.

3. whenry

whenry Regular Member

every person has his own preference. I just want to emphasize that you need to try them all before you decide which one you want to buy. Otherwise you will regret it. I have BS10, BS09, MX80, MX60 and BS LYD. For me, MX80 and BS LYD is much faster than MX60. Power mx60 > lyd > mx80. Control mx80>lyd>mx60.

4. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

No, I don't think that'll will actually do anything. Adding weight to the bottom will make it feel head lighter, but it won't change the amount of head weight that you have to swing through the air.

5. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yup it not change head weight or anything, as i mentioned it just change how u feel the racket when u hold and swing. imo, when u feel head lighter then it helping u to manuever.

6. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

agreed. It's like saying that a head heavy racket will feel lighter if I wear a couple of rings on my fingers.

7. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    how it works?

8. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

adding 1~2 grams at the buttcap = wearing 1 or 2 rings on my pinkie
    both will have minimal/no effect to the dynamics of the swing. Key point here is you need to consider your arm + racket as the whole system (and not just the racket).

9. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    thks u for your technical advise and explaination.:cool:

10. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

thks all for ur great advices.

@whenry: it's hard to try the rackets here without buying and I cant afford to buy all of them (that's sad)... but one of my fren will go for the BS LYD, I will borrow from him for some games...

@riffsuad, bakulaw, BlueTornado: this is all new to me... I will definitely try it... it's jewelry time...

11. visor

visor Regular Member

no, no... what bakulaw and bluetornado are saying is that having a ring or not will have almost no effect on your swing weight

12. cmteo

cmteo Regular Member

Engineer
    What kind of theory is this? Adding 1-2 grams at the buttcap or put a extra overgrip will change the BP of the racket but wearing 1 or 2 rings on the fingers with change the BP or SG of your body. Changing the BP of the racket will change the racket feel. If you don't believe me, try to put a extra overgrip or heavier PU grip and try again.

13. cmteo

cmteo Regular Member

Engineer
    What theory is this? Adding 1-2 grams to the buttcap or put a extra overgrip will change the BP of the racket. But wearing 1 or 2 rings on the fingers change the BP or SG of your body. Changing the BP of racket will change the feel of it. If you do not believe, you can try by putting a extra overgrip and test it again.

14. whenry

whenry Regular Member

indeed, it is very expensive and foolish like me to buy a new racket without trying it first. I did dry swing, but it is different from actually playing with the racket. I am not very patient to wait for my friend to buy it first, he he. Good luck with your new racket, I hope it will suit you

15. BlueTornado

yup. thanks for helping clear that up visor.

niemrieng, what riffsuad said is a common misconception but it won't actually change anything. no need to wear rings, unless you just want to be stylish.

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i'm so confuse abt the ring. bro no harm for u to try. if u dont believe it just ignore it. there are a lot of player adjust their racket balance weight by adding more grip at butt cap. here i attach taufik hidayat racket as example, he made bulge at his racket butt cap. Taufiksrackets.jpg

17. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i did make that bulge too on my mx60.. here the photo. C360_2012-02-13-22-46-15.jpg

18. BlueTornado

I'm pretty sure Taufik, LCW, etc. have these bulges at the end of their grips to protect their hand when diving. If you watch ants' demonstration video where he grips a racket like LCW, he mentions that fact. Feel free to correct me if you have some kind of proof but I wouldn't just assume that's what the bulges are for.

I don't believe in "just ignoring it" if something is wrong. There's a Dante quote that goes something along the lines of "The hottest places in hell are reserved for the man who, in a time of moral crisis, maintains his neutrality." This is hardly a moral crisis so that quote is extreme for this situation but it sums up the general idea pretty well.

19. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yup that is one of function of bulges is to prevent your hand grip slipping. but not specific for diving only, whatever stroke u want like smashing etc. another function is to improve maneuverability when u gripping higher up the handle. here i'm not to correct u bcos i'm not pro but just sharing with u. feel free to read this..[​IMG]
    source : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...evolution+2012

20. Kimie

Kimie Regular Member

i'd never try this technique of gripping, will have a try next week since my grip almost worn out...thehehe