Badminton shop in butterworth, penang.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by kennyng, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Nicholas Yeoh

Nicholas Yeoh Regular Member

Sitt, I've went there before to have a look. 3 words, Cant be trusted! They're using the oldest stringing machine and seems to be selling fake rackets for example i asked him to show me some of his Li-Ning rackets, omg it looks so much different with no hologram sticker on it!

Active Life Sports are much better, Uncle Tatt is very friendly and kinda honest! But they don't sell Yonex nor Li-Ning, they're more on Wilson, RSL, Apacs, Dunlop and also Protech. He's very well known for his 4knots stringing method.

2. Koooko

Koooko Regular Member

Bankers

Agree on that!!.His manual stringing is even better than electronics stringing. Bought Victor and RSL from him, so far no complain, not yet uncle TAtt le, call him brother.lol

3. audiocool

audiocool Regular Member

any shops in Penang got selling Yonex Racquet bag? Looking spaces can put in 6pcs of racquet.

4. dkhoo

dkhoo Regular Member

Internet Marketer
    Most badminton shops (inclusive of chain retailers like Royal Sporting House / Studio R / etc) carry badminton bags of different brands.

However, I recently purchased a very nice Yonex 9 racquet bag for a very low price from Bestech Sports.

The outlet is located on the 3rd floor of YMCA Penang. Though I don't work for them, I use their services regularly for restringing, accessories, racquets, etc. The owner is very generous with her discounts and their selection of goods are far superior to many other outlets around Penang. They carry many brands from low end (apacs, etc) until highest end models (YY, Li-Ning, etc). Though I cannot promise you that they have the cheapest in Penang, but I can get whatever I need there and they keep stock ready. Worth a look.

5. audiocool

audiocool Regular Member

I knew that place. I bought new YY racquet and shoe there. But not aware of they carry tournament bag. Thanks for your advise anyway and will have a look then.

6. sharhan

sharhan Regular Member

Engineer
    What is the price range for Yonex racquet bag at Bestech?

7. James.Foo

James.Foo Regular Member

Went to Bestech,Very nice service and the lady bosses quite friendly just like justin said,recommend everyone go there to shop.The Add-One sport opposite the masjid is quite convenient for people living near bayan lepas but their prizes is quite expensive compares to Bestech but they make it up by having all the Yonex and Li-ning racquets available like in Bestech but they have other brands too.I saw they also sells Yonex shoes,Maybe* they also got sell Li-ning ones.Besides, the boss there is quite friendly and I saw they have some customers too when I went there.:rolleyes:

P.S (I know this is off topic but)
    May I ask where I could buy tennis and squash racquets in Penang? I am finding a shop that sells brands that have high-end racquets one. (Tennis: Babolat & YouTek) , (Squash: Prince & Dunlop)

Thank You For Your Coorperations.;)

8. lindan1991

lindan1991 Regular Member

sales marketer
    had a bad experience with Bestech today.. zzzz

there is a shop (LCW Sport Center) in parit buntar offers me a 25% + BG66 + grip

so i called up Bestech, ask for price of z-force. i told the lady in Bestech can they make it the same price as LCW given me...?
    the lady say definitely and ask me to go to the shop for a best price.

when i reach after an hour, the another lady said a fukin NO !
    they can give only 25% without anything. self top up for string and grip.

they said rather not to sell if they earn just a little few bucks... aren't they?

maybe im unlucky enough to receive this service from them.

FOR PENANG AREA: u can get 25% + BG66 + grip of Yonex racket from LCW Sport Center Parit Buntar
    FOR KL AREA : u can get a 30% of Yonex racket without anything from BOON HONG SPORT IN MELATI UTAMA PV7.

=)

9. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

any recommended shop for stringing near bayan lepas?
    thanks

10. JulianLoo

JulianLoo New Member

Self Employed
    Just went to House Of Racquet few days back. They sold me fake Ultimax Strings....zzzzzz I got my 2 nanospeed string at 26" and after 2 days the tension is gone. And to top it up, 1 of my racquet deformed due to over-string and I have to cut it immediately before playing. They got many colours for Yonex Ultimax... colours like neon green, black.....zzzzzz damn! I asked the boy why the ultimax is red colour and he said ultimax comes in many colours! I kept quiet, paid and left.....fake strings' will loose its tension very fast especially 26lbs - 27lbs and you can feel it significantly. Even the sounds changes dramatically.... I wont goto that shop anymore.

11. apatz14

apatz14 New Member

freelance

hi..
    i think you can go to Add-One sport opposite the masjid, near sunshine square.

12. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

hi apatz14,

i tried thr before.
    is there other shop that u normally go to?
    TQ

13. alinisme

alinisme New Member

Wah very near to my place.. They sell original equipment right? Because got 1 shop in parit buntar sold me fake YY racket :crying:

14. apatz14

apatz14 New Member

freelance
    i went to bestech at YMCA penang. if not you can try at bukit dumbar PBA. other place at bayan lepas i don't know.

yes all original, even he also got certified by yonex.

15. apatz14

apatz14 New Member

freelance
    just went to active life sports at ayer itam. mr tatt really friendly and willing to teach me many things about racket, string. spend more than 2 hours there chatting with him. send my mx60 for restring.

16. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

where can i buy asics blade 3 or cyber speed beside QB & Komtar (all no stock)

17. rickysjoe

rickysjoe New Member

Hi guys.. I'm from indonesia. And I want to know where I can buy the cheapest / resonable price for victor rackets in Penang. Because in this august I will go there. I already ask Bestech sport, but the price is quite high , they only give 20-30% less discount of the retail price. Hoping for your help, many thanks..

18. edge1989

edge1989 New Member

Hi Bro , I found a new shop opened at butterworth side . It is called Victory Sport Enterprise, they have lots of victor rackets ranging from high end to low end specs. I bought my first BS LYD at there after I saw their promotion at Facebook . Went to Bestech sport and compared , all i could say was the price and package in Victory Sport is Totally worth it. Their service was very good as well .

It's just my 2 cents , I would recommend you to go there to find out yourself ;)

19. veteranlim

veteranlim New Member

governmemt servant
    If U are willing to go to Balik Pulau, try Uncle Lim, operating from house near Klinik Kesihatan Air Putih

20. rossifumi6399

rossifumi6399 Regular Member

yeahh..I also seen the Victory Sports Enterprise shop at Chai Leng park there. Plan to go there for re-grip..