String tension with a nbg 95 on a nanospeed 9000

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mlee990, Mar 22, 2009.

1. mlee990

mlee990 New Member

what would be the ideal string tension on a nanospeed 9000 using nbg95 string? i currently have it strung at 22lbs but im not sure.... :confused:

2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Do you find 22lbs lacking power or lacking control?

3. mlee990

mlee990 New Member

i found it lacked mostly in power, and me trying to hit it to hard resulting in a sore arm in the morning. i found the control alright for me.

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I think the tension is fine for you but which NS9000 is it? S or X? If it is X then the racket is too stiff for you.

5. kristian

kristian Regular Member

Mine Is Nano 9000 with nanogy 95

First time I had this racket ,i cannot use it properly because I use my Arm, But after couple month I try it again and the result is better,cause I use my wrist right now.

So the answer is use your wrist I think.Try It

6. adamp1

adamp1 Regular Member

school?
    well before getting a 9900 last week i have been using nanospeed 9000's strung with nbg 95 and bg-80 both strung at 30lbs... i always wonder when people play with such low tensions.

personally i find that the nbg 95 is very nice when it is first strung (for a tournament, county match etc...) but soon after the initial few uses (around a week) the string become very slack and i feel like i am playing with a fishing net. however the bg-80 string seems much better to me due to the great feel, sound, durability, and the ability to generate a large amount of power.

anyway back to the subject... if you feel 22 is lacking power i would definatly go up to atleast 26 and see how that feels, if this still feels like it is lacking power try going up in power but i would not reccoment stringing above 30 lbs due to the string not lasting too long.

and just to add i have not broken a racket directly due to the string tension being too high.

how this information was useful to u. ;)

7. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Higher tension will give you less power so it's stupid to go to a higher tension if you want more power. Racket stiffness would be the problem if you want get power out of 22lbs.

8. adamp1

adamp1 Regular Member

school?
    not entirely true... this should be based more on the level of play. for those who are not great players the less tension will provide more power yes, but for those who are more advanced the higher the tension will give greater limits. this is based upon the fact that the string can only go so far 'in' until it rebounds the shuttle, with a greater tension those with a fast racket action will be able to generate more power from a higher tension and also get the control required. after all u dont see many good players playing with <30 tension.

i think at the all england here in england they were playing at 36lbs with the new yonex strings. ;)

and yes ofcourse the racket will affect the power and if he has chosen a 9000 then i presumed his level of play was pretty good or atleast his racket action was quick enough to gain more power from a higher tension.

9. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Had my arc10 strung at 27/29#s with NGY95 and like it very much. Am a hard hitter and the tension suits my style. Nice sound and power.

10. adamp1

adamp1 Regular Member

school?
    would have to agree but dont you find that after a week or so the string feels like you are playing with a fishing net compared to the 'just strung' feel?

i dont find this happens with bg-80

11. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    You could be right. It does feels damper after the first week. Still better than the BG65.
    Restrung the arc10 with BG80 yesterday at 27/29#s. Will see how that feel this weekend, and how long will that "new strung feeling" last.:D

12. adamp1

adamp1 Regular Member

school?
    hehe im sure you will find it lasting alot longer than NBG 95, however at first i expect it will feel a little worse due to the fact that NBG 95 is really quite nice at first but shortly after the BG-80 should feel better - or atleast i think it does :)

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I believe phandrew was referring to if the person cannot get power out of 22lbs because they can't handle it, then it would not make sense raising it to 26lbs since they will lose more power.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Go BG-85!!! yeh!! seems better suited for me compared to using BG-80.

14. adamp1

adamp1 Regular Member

school?
    cant handle 22lbs? lol? i started on 27 the first time i went to a 1-2-1 coaching session (which was my first time of playing properly) and my coach (peter higman) recommends starting at atleast 26. playing with lower tension does not increase power... it reduces it, only in tennis does a reduction in tension increase the power.

just a point to think about if some disagree... if the more tension someone had the less power they would be able to generate why did the players at the all england choose to use 36 lbs? :)

15. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If you say that increasing tension also increases power then why doesn't everyone play at 30lbs+?