Victor Racquet Spira 21

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by BengGuan, Dec 31, 2009.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I would be very suprised if this doesn't become your main racket.:) BS10 3U is also a great doubles racket.:)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we will have to see. it will be tough to unseat my ARC10. no racket has managed to do that so far.

after a pretty long chat with the USA Victor main distributor yesterday, i did learn a lot about Victor rackets and Victor company in general. with that, i am getting more familiar with the product and the company. now i am showing a bit more interests in it. hopefully this will turn out positive. as i said, i have high hopes.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Well if this doesn't unsettle the Arc10 I can almost guarantee that a 3U BS10 will.:) please give a review when you have tested it out.:) I look forward to your findings.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    sounds like you have a lot confidence on the BS10. maybe i should try to get my hands on one... :)

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have more confidence in the SW35 than the BS10, but I know that you tend to play doubles more than singles, the 3U SW35 is .... well imo, there is no words to describe it. But the 3U BS10 is a probably better for defense in doubles. But I would say that the SW35 is better than BS10, buts thats just my opinion different games suit different rackets. All I can advise is to try as many rackets as you want. I think the Spira 21 will be excellent though. The SW35 and BS10 are other options if you feel like splashing the cash :)

Good luck :)

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    sigh.

SIGH.

SIGH!!!!

broke two strings today. one of them is the 27lbs ZM62 on the Spira with a mishit. didn't even get 5 mins of time on it.

the other is another ZM62 on a Carlton Vapour Trail Tour.

all within 10mins.

not a good day. will have to wait till this Sat to test out the Spira again.

i was really looking forwards to it too!

for the few hits that i managed to do. it felt good. a diff feel than a Yonexian racket. but it wasn't bad. but it was too short. i need more time to adjust to it.

7. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I really want to try the Spira 21...it seems like a very good racket. I might just get one to try but it will be hard to beat the SW35, even in doubles :)

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Dink it!!! Kwun had another premature popped strings. He needs to try out the soon-to-be-released ZM62 which Ashaway promises to be more durable.

9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    A BG66M at 27lb wouldn't have snapped in 5 minutes.

10. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Try VS-850 at 27lbs.

11. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Exactly what I'm going to try :)

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    only managed to hit with it a few points today. not very used to it yet. seems to have a bit more damping than my ARC10. i will have a more extensive feedback after next Tuesday.

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    But is it stiffer than the ARC10?

14. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have all 3 racquets, SW35 (3U), BS10 (4U) and Spira 21 (3U). The SW35 by far is the best of the lot. The BS10 doesn't have the power though it move fast. The Spira 21 is weird. Though it is supposed to be super stiff but it doesn't feel stiff, in fact, it seems flexy and the power and feel is no match for the SW35.

I remember one of the Korean men's dbls player was using the Spira 21 for a while but now almost all the Korean players are using the SW35, including all the lady players.

SW35 still the tops in my opinion but only if you are able to handle high tension and also the stiffness of the racquet.

15. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think for an advanced intermediate + player - or a powerful well drilled player - the SW35 is a good racket. I think it's a mistake to dismiss the BS10 teoky, especially considering you've got a 4U one which just won't have the punch a 3U has. It's probably one of the best all round rackets for intermediate players, and I honestly think that if you're a club level player, more people should seriously consider it, especially considering the price.

The SP21 sure is a baffling beast. I want to try it because it seems like it has potential, but so few people have tried it and liked it.....it's like Victors' Z-Slash!

16. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    With these not so positive comments for the SP21...I am thinking whether I should just get another SW35 (my third) and forget about trying the SP21. Something tells me I should try it though.

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ok. this is getting ridiculous.

again today, in the first 10 mins, i broke the ZM62@27lbs on the Spira21. again it is my fault as it was a mishit.

i am going to forget about ZM62 as obviously i am not used to the swing of the Spira21 and will have to use a more durable string. maybe ZM65/67.

ARGH this is just annoying.

18. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

ZM62 ?? what string is that? why not try Victor or Yonex string?

19. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Totally agree. It is absolutely ridiculous to compare the SW35 with a BS10 (especially when they are different weights :rolleyes:).

It's like comparing a dishwasher to a washing machine :D. One is great at washing dishes, the other great at washing clothes !

Both these rackets are excellent but for different reasons - one is a powerhouse smasher's dream, the other a more all-round defensive man's dream. Two totally different animals. One is not better than the other.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yonex strings are so yesterday.

Victor maybe...