Forehand Clears

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by J_Noodles, May 22, 2011.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    A simple video will tell a thousand word. ;)

2. anthonyb

anthonyb Regular Member

student
    If you're trying to execute a forehand clear... Don't listen to technical crap, all these fancy words won't help you. All you need is a few key points:

1) Relaxed Basic grip
    2) sidewards stance, move the racket head back behind your body.
    3) shift the weight from your racket foot to your not racket foot, push your hip through (this is where the power comes)...
    4) Lead with your elbow bringing your arm and racket head forwards towards the shuttle, reach up nice and high to make contact with the shuttle high above your racket shoulder. Snap the wrist slightly on impact to generate a little more power...
    5) recover back to the ready position, noticing your delightful shot that sent the shuttle far to rear court :) ...

Keep it simple... at the end of the day, you are only hitting a shuttle to the back of the court... practise and practise. Hope this helps.

3. thejym

thejym Regular Member

4. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    Thejym,
    I think, admistrator should add your videos(Forehand and back hand) to the "sticky". They will answer a lot of questions even before asked.
    NPRINCE

5. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    thejym this is one of the best demos on youtube.

Is your racket shoulder not symetrical with the other shoulder or is it just the shirt you're wearing ? :)

6. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Thanks guys. I thought I've been spamming this video a sufficient amount on this forum but it's good to know that I've found at least two new people for whom the video was helpful.

Also it could be that my shoulders are asymmetrical... my right arm as a whole is bigger than my left. ;)

By the way, is anyone interested in some net play technique? I know Lee Jae Bok has some net shot videos on Youtube so I wasn't sure if it was worth making more.

7. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    Thejym,
    I found that there is something unique in your's, LJB's , Zao JianHua's and Gollum's videos. Each are technically very good & worth spending time on. For most of the other training videos in net, I don't trust them. Hence I request you to create as many videos you can and your service to this game will be remembered (atleast in this forum)
    nprince

8. alexh

alexh Regular Member

Yes, it's always worth making more ;-) There are so many variations when it comes to net play...

If I recall correctly, the LBJ videos focus on deception. It would be good to see something at a more basic level--how to get the simple shots 100% consistent (or at least 99%) before trying the tricky stuff.