CHN/KOR/INA WD pair disqualified from the Olympics

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by FlamingJam, Aug 1, 2012.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i predict...WD gold DEN silver CHN bronze RUS

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
  3. uniclone

uniclone Regular Member

I think the question here is... How do you make possible that 1st & 2nd seed cant meet in the SF let alone the Finals...? How was the groups selected?

4. morpheus

morpheus Regular Member

I totally disliked what I saw and couldn't bear to finish it. I think the 4 pairs deserved to be disqualified. Put that aside.

There are 2 different reasons for the 4 pairs to do what they did.

1. They wanted to lose because they didn't want to face teammates.
    2. They wanted to lose because they were too afraid of their opponents.

The reason 1 is part of the 'team system' (e.g formula 1, cycling, etc.). It won't hurt them for long.

But for the reason 2, that is 'self-disrespect' and it will live with them forever.

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Badminton in jeopardy to appear in next OLympic. Though its far from big scandal like doping in athletics did. But athletics is very very famous sport where badminton is not.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, fine, let me be the bad guy again, and let's shot all the darts at me.

As fans, we are upset. However, let's try to be in LYB, KOR and INA coach and players' shoes for 1 second.

The IOC/BWF has the rules to limit you entries, which leave tons of your talents at HOME, while other ranking 100+ dancing on the court. Sure, they spread out the common wealth, at the cost of your own blood, and chance to get a medal (or even risk your own career and job).

The BWF setup this crazy round robin format, to spread out the common wealth again??? Again, they know the format is in-perfect, and have holes.

Now, you see the light at the end of the tunnel, and try to take advantage of it to boost up your already well-damaged chance... BOOM, now, the official are suddenly acting like god, and give you a death penalty...

Some times, the official needs to get real, as the world is not perfect. So, everyone has the rights to use whatever s/he is gain to boost his/her own chance to survive, especially these are the ones already suffered at the beginning, and giving out their wealth to others at the 1st place. Now, try to use the god standard on the ones actually sacrifice to begin with, especially WITHOUT any hard evidence (ok, ok, booing, stats, whatever you and me feel, are NOT HARD EVIDENCE)...

Sure, they deserve some punishment, but give the iron fist with death penalty to the nations actually spread out the wealth... Well, I do not know...

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If top half A1 v B2, B1 v A2
    bottom half C1 v D2, D1 v C2
    and 1st seed in A, 2nd seed in D
    then top two seeds guaranteed not to meet each other until the final.

However, BWF wanted to avoid pairs from the same group meeting each other until the final.
    Given the system above, if A1 and A2 both won their QF matches, they will meet again in the SF.
    Basically, BWF does not want that, therefore they came up with
    Top half, A1 v C2, B1 v D2
    bottom, C1 v A2, D1 v B2
    But of course, in this case, the top two seeds could play each other in the SF.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    It appears that KOR's appeal has been rejected and INA has withdrawn it's own appeal.

BWF has good reason to stand firm in the face of other sports bodies' seemingly consensus support with it's prompt action. An IOC official said BWF's decision sends the right signal to the sports fraternity to punish wrong doers.

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I kinda agree with you, so I'll just throw one dart.

10. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

Can't even bother watching Russia Vs South Africa.
    It is as bad as watching the Chinese throwing the game.

Two of the Women quarter-finals becomes craps, thanks to BWF.
    They should have let the Korean played as they won their match respectively even though they have no intention of winning, they still did it at a respectable margin where the losers should be really be disqualified.

#130 hyun007, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    In my opinion, BWF is a weakling. In those competitions where they had absolute control, they did nothing. Now that IOC (big brother) is watching them, they mete out the highest penalty to show they are doing their job.

12. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
  13. kar_mun

kar_mun Regular Member

Not the QF only, SF will be crap too. They should just skip QF and let the 4 remaining pairs play SF.

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well, luckily WD is the one event we will skip watching, if we have to skip one.

15. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    So... Jwala said that the Japanese are guilty of dropping their match against them, giving the Indians a point in the standings...

Yet the stands are Japan, and then India...

So... Jwala is really just upset... That Japan HELPED the Indians qualify for the quarterfinals!

Yet the Indians lost their remaining matches, and failed by a point. So THAT is the reason why they deserve to be in the quarterfinals!

Not because the other two teams (the TOP 2 teams) actually won the group!

Wow, troll if I ever saw one =]

16. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    No offense to those pairs who got given the place in QF , apart from not winning a match at all, their standard is as bad as those when both S.korean and China trying to loss the match ,,,,,, so it just ruin the whole competition, and they will be in the semi final out of nothing since they are playing against each other in the QF,

(they bloody hit their serve and return into the net anyway even if they try their hardest)

The only decent match with top quality badminton and competitiveness will be in the final

They should have just skipped the QF and straight in to SF with the 4 remaining pair

17. andrewtam

andrewtam New Member

Won't one of the 4 given a spot in the QF play in the Final since they are on the bottom half of the bracket? If so, this tournament just went to ****.......if they wanted to see competitive badminton.......i'm sure they won't find it in the finals this year. They should have at least reseeded the quarterfinals, its not exactly fair right now.

18. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

I could not agree more. Double thumbs up!

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    If it is ok for a player who have won game 1 to 'take a breather' (meaning not playing maximum) in game 2, then play maximum again in game 3.... then....

It is ok for one of those WD pair who have qualified to play in the quarterfinals, to not play to their maximum ability in one match that will not affect their eligibility to play in the quarterfinals... just for the simple reason of 'conserving energy' for the next challenge...

I conserve energy all the time in game 2 [after I have won game 1] since I'm not very fit... I will give it all in game 3........ should I be disqualified for 'not playing to the maximum of my ability' in game 2?

20. JLIU92

JLIU92 Regular Member

if yu/wang, and the other korean pair played, the games would have been decent. right now, the games are ****. only gonna try and find the aussie one to watch cuz im aussie, but besides that, im only gonna look for tian/zaho.

morally and ethically, yea its ****. but basing it on skill and technique, the games would have been much more interesting.