elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    A doubles surprise, but there is nothing to worry about, says veteran Wan Wah

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/2/9/sports/5638965&sec=sports

“The national back-up players have improved a lot and we are certainly not short on talent. It is unfortunate that the youngsters lost out on experience,” said Wan Wah.
    “During our prime in the national team, Tan Fook and I did not have many back-up pairs to worry about. And the focus was on us and we had lots of opportunities to compete abroad.
    “Now, there is a big group but they lack the opportunities to compete. They need to gain much in experience in order to stay on top of their game, especially during the crucial stages of a match.”

there is how those professional player comment on :D

and when we comparing with those word like:useless,junior level play
    yup,that comment itself is a useless and like junior level;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kwong Beng eyes Thomas Cup launchpad

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/20100209082516/Article/index_html

“I am the least experienced among the players vying for a place in the Thomas Cup squad but nonetheless I am going to give it my best shot. I have learnt a bitter lesson so I hope the Thomas Cup, if I am selected, will be the start of better things for me.

“I need to do well in the German Open (next month) and if I'm lucky, I may also get a place in the All England qualifying draw. I have to start beating top class players in order to give myself a chance.
    “It is also important for me to start aiming big on the international scene where I have yet to win a title.

“I am already 22 and if I don't establish myself in the next two years, I can forget about becoming a world beater.”

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

What if he is not established by 24? :rolleyes: I think Tan Chun Seang and Chong Wei Feng shows more potential, but their progress are like snails. Tan Chun Seang was easily distracted by bad line calls, as shown as in the match against Kuan Beng Hong, which I had expected him to win, but lost in the semi-finals of the National GP Finals.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha
    tcs need to change his attitude if he wants to go far:)
    hehe
    by the time lcw retired
    there will be someone to take over;)

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Going the Chong Wei's way

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/39chong/Article/index_html

"As a player, I have always set targets. Those were small targets but I often achieved them and kept setting new ones. And with hunger, I managed to come this far," said Chong Wei.

"Our back-up players have the hunger but it is still not enough to be top class. They must set themselves targets and work hard to achieve them. If they are afraid of targets, it is not going to help them progress.

"If I had given up after my early defeats to Choong Hann or Hafiz (Hashim), I wouldn't have made it. There were so many back-up players more senior to me but I kept improving in every tournament and finally started beating them regularly.

"The current players must be brave and have goals. We are looking for these qualities as we try to assemble a strong Thomas Cup team and also get quality players for the future."

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    John McEnroe always dispute line call but that never effect his game infact it helps...

so TCS should take bad line call as something positive!

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

A nice one. Hope our mas back up shuttlers take notice of this;)

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Badminton: All for Chong Wei

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/2/12/sports/5662835&sec=sports

“Initially, the plan was to release Chun Seang to spar with Chong Wei whenever it was needed,” said Rashid.
    “But the coaches met and felt that the best decision was to allow Chun Seang to train permanently under Misbun to support Chong Wei’s training programme.
    “This is done in the best interest of the country. Sparring with a left-handed and aggressive player like Chun Seang will benefit Chong Wei.
    “It will help Chong Wei in his preparations to deal with southpaws like Lin Dan (of China). It will also lessen the burden on Hendrawan, who has a big pool of players under his charge.”

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    The bottom line is that Chun Seang does not like to train under Hendrawan as well..especially he was caught red handed by hendrawan for his bad behaviors that leading him to quit National last time...good decision that Chun Seang is trained under Misbun...

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Having an average shuttler to spar, hang around, carry the bags & racquets, provide massages to our MS WR1 wont make LCW better nor improve that average shuttler.

Its like having Ranjit Singh to train with Lionel Messi. It wont make Messi a better player nor elevate Ranjit to the BPL.

What LCW need is to play in the best badminton league out there. If China has the best league, send the guy there.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thats the problem with MAS shuttlers. They are pampered. We really need to take away the milk bottles, diapers, crutches and all. Who is this TCS to say that he dont like to train under so and so? He has yet to break into the top 50 and is already displaying prima donna attitude?

BAM should have shut the door on this guy permanently.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Rashid challenges shuttlers to take on China's players

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/qnwd/Article/index_html

"Wei Feng is fortunate as he will have the All England to further strengthen his case. If he can qualify for the main draw in Birmingham and make the last 16 or last eight, he will earn a Thomas Cup spot."

u are lucky to remain as the single chief coach:rolleyes:

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Just a pretty face

I must say Woon Khe Wei is pretty. Not pretty, pretty but just pretty.
    However, when it comes to badminton, I will be honest here. She wont make it on the international stage. Infact, she will be a punching bag. A lamb for sacrifice. However, if you put her amongst the boleh shuttlers in Malaysia, she will be like the creme de la creme lah.

I hate to say it, she wont make it in 2 years, let alone in 10 years. You need skills, technique, talent and determination to make that international breakthrough.

She should concentrate on her studies instead. With a decent degree coupled her personality and appearance, she should have no problems landing a decent job.

15. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Kim Hock confident world champ will emerge in a short span

PETALING JAYA: To produce another world junior champion in less than a year is a challenging task but coach Yap Kim Hock is really up to it.
    The junior tournaments at the Asian and world levels have been brought forward to the first half of the year, giving the Bukit Jalil Sports School doubles coach less time to work with his charges.
    But, Kim Hock is not surprised nor perturbed.
    This year, the Asian Junior Championships will take place at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara from March 21-28 while the World Junior will be held in Guadalajara, Mexico, from April 18-25.
    [​IMG] Top bets: All eyes will be on Ow Yao Han (left) and Yew Hong Kheng to produce the goods in junior tournaments
    These tournaments are usually held in the second half of the year.
    The Asian junior meet was rescheduled because it offers ranking points for the players to qualify for the Olympic Youth Games in Singapore in August.
    Just three months ago, Ow Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming emerged as the boys’ doubles champions at the world junior meet in Kedah.
    Yao Han-Yew Hong Kheng were runners-up in the boys’ doubles at the Asian junior meet in July and they were also members of the team that bagged the mixed team title.
    Kim Hock said that although the focus would be on Yao Han-Hong Kheng, he hoped to see emerging talent come through the junior events.
    “We are not surprised by the decision (to bring forward the junior events),” said Kim Hock
    “We have a long-term plan and I have confidence in the group of juniors that we have.”
    “The players have already been training and are being groomed to peak at these tournaments.
    “The focus is on Yao Han-Hong Kheng but, I think, we have depth in the junior doubles and I will not be surprised if a new pair does well too.”
    The other boys’ doubles pairs in centralised training are Nelson Heg-Teo Eei Ei, Sant Enos-Kelvin Ong, Tan Wee Tat-Goh Sze Onn and Marcel Simon-Lim Chun Ming.
    “Our goal is to produce an Asian or a world junior champion again,” said Kim Hock.
    “This group of players will also be sent for satellite and junior international tournaments so as to build their confidence and character.
    “It is a challenge to keep producing young talents for the elite team but, so far, I am enjoying it.”

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Let's see if the Kejurnas and the first Sirnas winners pair of Dandi Prabudita/Jones Ralfy Jansen can challenge Ow Yao Han/Yew Hong Kheng in the AJC and WJC this year :cool: The back-to-back titles won by the promising pair have strengthened their claim to be INA's best junior pair this year.

As for the second INA pair for AJC and WJC, maybe it's Riky Widianto (just turned 18 and already serial Sirnas winners at the Open Category) and Ricky Karanda Suwardi (just turned 18 too). Selvanus (just turned 17) is another talented player. Theyshould be good enough to challenge the best junior BD pairs :cool:

18. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I think Riky Widianto isn't junior anymore, I guess he just 20 in last december.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Rexy hands Kim Her another junior to be groomed into a contender

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/2/27/sports/5757994&sec=sports

Kim Her also said that several players from the World Junior squad would be promoted to the national team after the event ends in April and that he was looking forward to grooming them into world-beaters.

wah
    relax
    why so gan jiong?
    haha
    ow yao han should be stick with goh wei shen:D
    hope lwh have a speedy recovery
    hopefully gjh will stick with ckm
    haha

#120 limsy, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010