2011 China Open SSP: Semi-Finals Sat 26-Nov

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lee CW,you're still one of my heroes,never give up. Who knows what might happen during the Olympics? Somebody else might be the dark horse to knock out the favourites and suddenly you emerge the leading contender. In soccer,they say the ball is round,we don't know which way it will round sometimes;in badminton, I would say the shuttle cork has wings,we are not 100% sure where it will fly.

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    well, now is XD...

XD: Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei [1](CHN) vs (CHN) Tao Jiaming/Huan Xia

expecting a swift victory by the #1 pair over the qualifier! :p

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

They play the XD. I thought , LYB will order TJM/HX to had some injury and let ZN/ZYL cruise to tomorrow final.

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Fans like close games, even Chinese.... Though they also want LD to win...

5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    besides... what's wrong to become #2 or #3 in life??? there's only ONE place for the #1, life won't doom just because one (any one!) can't earn it!!! ;)

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    LD have to keep it up as well. It depends how how CL plays. LD wants to create history by winning 2 times. Provided CL allows him. So, there may be a tussle for being the greatest ever. Not sure if LYB will decide this. CL also could be the greatest to win 2 times if LD fails. ;)

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At this point in time,clearly Lin Dan is one notch above Lee,no longer evenly matched, but I won't rule out the latter making a stunning comeback - he's got it in him, as PG has shown that dogged determination and fighting spirit can do wonders,esp when they already have the talents. It's what is called mind over matter.

8. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

all this one notch above talk is pretty pointless really. if LD has an off-day (which often happens) LCW will more likely than not win. the gap is not that big. LCW is an incredible player and as cliched as it sounds, LD knows he has to play his absolute best to ensure the vicotry. The matches between these two invariably involve super long drawn out chess-like rallies - they are both brick walls and the number of times you think the point is over, then all of suddenly it's back to square one and a rally restarts!!!

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I couldn't agree with you more, why must everyone be no.1 to be counted successful? To me,as of now, Lin Dan is the greatest of all time while Lee CW is the second greatest. For a long time,my no.1 used to be Zhao Jianhua until Lin Dan came along,and now I'm even willing to relegate him to third after Lee - that,to me,speaks volumes of Lee CW.

10. extremenanopowe

Nah... LCW is history. Now LD have to watch out for CL.

Will this be an in fighting just like those olden chinese warlords or emperors? ;)

LD need to keep it up. If not, CL said, it is not my fault. I am just better than you on the OG finals. ;)

11. extremenanopowe

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's why I say a notch and not a class, and you don't beat the second-best player every time, occasionally you loses to him,that's normal,off-day or not. Which means Lee's winning the next time is higher;in fact, I was predicting his win today if you've read my earlier post. They are indeed the two best,with Chen Long just a little below them,in my opinion.

13. fauci

fauci Regular Member

badminton is very popular in China. Big names, like LCW, PG and TH, have a lot of supporters. It's not like in many other countries where the crowd only cheer for home players, and essentially that's the only point they cheer for.

14. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

I hope you are kidding, LD has 15 major titles while LCW has none.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If not for both Lin Dan and Lee CW, would we be so excited with a flurry of comments,points and counter-points,arguments and debates? We have to wholeheartedly thank and salute both of them. Hip,hip,hurray!

16. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    XD: Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei [1](CHN) bt (CHN) Tao Jiaming/Huan Xia 21-18, 21-19

17. herguang

herguang Regular Member

Freelancer
    In 2011 WC, LCW lost to LD
    In 2011 Japan Open and 2011 Denmark Open, LCW lost back to back to CL
    in 2011 French Open 2011 LCW revenged his defeat to CL
    In 2011 HKO 2011 and 2011 CHina Open, LCW lost back to back to LD
    In the last 6 tournaments LCW only won once and his performance has deteoriate from final to semi-finals.

Lets see next year whether he can bounce back and win tournaments, with or without LD participating.

#417 herguang, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

It doesn't take major titles for one to be remembered. Example, who would be more memorable, Lee Chong Wei or Chen Jin? Definitely LCW, even though the latter has won the World Championships once. What more, how on Earth is someone supposed to get major titles when the greatest of player of all time is there ;) There has to be someone to challenge the greatest. And the battles of these two will be remembered, even though one will win much more than the other. I can easily say that I'll never forget LD and LCW for the rest of my life, even if it's 20 years later, a new era...

LCW will be remembered. Maybe not as the god of badminton like Lin Dan, but definitely one of the players who dominate the circuit, just losing to the god.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Tomorrow,we shall see Lin Dan and Chen Long squaring off. I believe,their internal rivalry will begin to heat up, with both of them gunning for Olympic Gold next year - I honestly don't expect Chen Long to back down,esp when Lin Dan has already won one; Li YB's order or dilemma aside unless the situation turns critically against China which it isn't the cse now as both Lin Dan and Chen Long have proven themselves capable of taking it,though not equally so yet.

20. fauci

fauci Regular Member

pic after match; look at the two legs:D

[​IMG]