Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

Good luck bro , I have the feeling u will like the N55II.

2. DeathStalker

DeathStalker Regular Member

student
    To all singapore brothers and sisters, have you all been to safra tampines sports shop? I saw li ning rackets there selling very cheap. Is it original?

3. kowang

kowang Regular Member

still student
    N70 strung with BG80 around 24lbs
    i´ve tried several stringers but the effect was the same.~cracked grommets
    The worst thing about the racket at least for me are these "shared hole grommet". no idea where to find some to replace them

by the way the area between cone and shaft is also a weak point.
    it happened to me that the shaft disengage from the grip
    so much to LN :D

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. You sure you got a genuine product? I've got several LN and played many many hours with them - and the worst problem I've had was a split grommet. Sure, I'm not at national level, so the stress on the racket is reduced quite a bit, but I string them with strings between 0.62 and 0.69mm and tension are 24-27lbs. My hitting action isn't exactly soft either...

5. kowang

kowang Regular Member

still student
    yep i´m sure I bought it from a local shop (berlin)

6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

any advise how to replace share grommets? i've got bunch of grommets but none of them looks like replacement for share grommets.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The one time I had to replace one I took one of the biggest standard MBS grommets I have. It's not ideal and will need to be changed after a few changes of string, but it holds up pretty well. Getting the string through is kinda hard though, so I'd recommend putting both strings through before putting tension on the first one (I usually do that anyway...). The one I used holds up against a 26lbs ZM62 - which is pretty much the most stress any non-professional can put on it (as you should string with ~5-10% less when using extremely thin string like that)

8. Hunterex196

Hunterex196 Regular Member

Hey guys, coming from a Armortec 700 and an Arc 10 for singles, which would you say is better for me, N50 or N90? tbh im more partial to the N50 color haha, but other than that, I like smashing and drops along with crosscourt play in general
    Thanks in advance :)
    Derek

p.s string recommendations would also be appreciated :)

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Have you considered N55 ?

10. Hunterex196

eh, N55, yeah thought about it, but idk, not really my taste lol specially the paint job. i noe the paint job isnt a big deal, but like, it just feels more in harmony if i like the racket all aspects :p

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'd say the N55 is probably a good match, or the N90 - depending on which Yonex racket you liked better. The N90 is close to the old AT700, whereas the N55 is similar to the Arc, but a bit head heavier and slightly softer. It'll be a bit more powerful.
    The N90 is a really heavy racket, hard to swing around, hard to get power out of. It's not fast enough for doubles imop, and can tire you out quite easily. You should only pick this racket if the AT was comfortable and easy to handle, and you had no problem playing 3-set matches. I find it to be enjoyable, but too tiresome to play in competition. Accuracy and power are fine, but if it gets to a 3rd game or if I have to defend/drive a lot, chances of losing increase rapidly :D

12. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Judging from the series, it is reasonable to have N90 as most expensive among all other Lining rackets, but i wonder why N50 got the second place as most expensive? shouldn't it be N77, N70, N55 respectively? I believe the technologies on the N series aren't pretty much different one to another.

I'm thinking to buy another Lining rackets. Currently i am very comfortable & OK with N50 gen 1, although i find it lack of power (the head feels very light for me but the stiffness is OK) compared to my previous Kumpoo Powershot 2300Hexagon (Bonsaak Ponsana's racket). Any suggestion which of the N series has closest feeling & specs to Kumpoo 2300H ?? I never try Yonex racket other than Carbonex series so can't really compare to Yonex. I've got Victor BS11 (4U) & Spira21 (3U) but at last i found none of them are like my lovely Kumpoo 2300H (finally R.I.P after 2 long years of action)

I was thinking to have N90 (should i buy gen 1 or 2?) but many reviews say it is tiring & exhausting to constantly using it while i always play 2 hours, 4x a week, each with only few minutes break. I play double, mixed double, & single occasionally. Drive, control, drop-shot, net play, and defense are my strongest points (N50 gen 1 covers all these) while my smashing attacks aren't strong enough thus i need a racket to boost the power, more or less like Kumpoo 2300H did.

Thank you in advanced for any suggestion.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's probably expensive because it's so popular - FHF IS a huge star in China :D Many want the racket which satisfies the world's best smasher...

On to your problem - if Boonsak is any indication, the N90II should be good. It's head heaver and stiffer than the N50 - not as much as the N90, though. Still very very solid, it's weaker in defense than the N50 for sure.

14. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Yes N90II is a good recommendation.

Arfandy, actually if you do a blind test you may find the Gosen 6900, Kumpoo 2300 and N90II fairly similar :)

15. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Thanks for the advise. As i am now currently in Beijing, thus Lining rackets are sold almost everywhere with nearly all sport shops sell them at 35~40% discounted from retail prices. The more purchase, the more discount can get. I had checked at least 2 reputable badminton shops in Beijing since they had big crazy sales of 50% off the price since 2 weeks ago, and they are all out of N90II (only left 2 pieces of N90), N50 (only left N50II few pieces), N55, & N33 at least until couple weeks later. Thus if i ever still wanna catch up with this crazy discount, i have very less choices to select from. I wish i could've bought N90II which was sold for only RMB 1040 (US$161).

I can't find GOSEN or KUMPOO in these shops. But they have lots of APACS, KASON, LINING, YONEX, DUNLOP, & WILSON. btw, out of topic; i found 1 piece of YY MP99 left at price of RMB 1320, coded IP (or ID if i'm not mistakenly saw it) on the shaft. what country is it IP from? should i buy it?

16. Hunterex196

lol, i have no problem whatsoever in handling the 700, heck, i use it for doubles :p but yeah, just saying that im completely 100% comfortable with the 700. just looking for a backup/upgrade. About the N55, i tried my friends and i dunno, just doesnt really fell that comfortable haha, i'll see if i can get a N50 and an N90 both first gen to test out :) i'll post my findings later on, in the meantime,, thanks for the advice

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

IP is, as far as I know, kind of reserve or backup stock which is used when one country is out of stock. The quality is lower than JP coded, but MP99 at RMB1320 is a good offer. They're kinda expensive due to bad availability...especially mint condition.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

In that case N90 should feel good for you. The N50 is noticeably softer and thus not really comparable with the Arc10 imop - the N55 is much closer, I think.

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Yeah, this MP99 is IP-coded & 100% new. Do you think i should get it while last on shelves? But at same shop, Lining N series are all being sold below or same as this MP99's prices. Kinda tough decision to make!

20. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    Hi All,

I just bought N90 last week.

But I have problem with the grommet... :( The grommet split(its like sliced by the string)

I strung with BG66 28 lbs.

Is it normal??