It's Official - No Penalty for Lin Dan or Li Mao

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by huangkwokhau, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I agree, but the Players & linejudges are the rolemodels and it is their responsibility to be ambassadors of their game. This added responsibility should extend to taking responsibility of their actions where their sports it placed at risk of looking "unruly"

There is of course no laws for this, it is a "moral code" of my own creation, but it does exist in other peoples minds as well I am sure

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes but why u and others only wanted to punish the player and not the linejudge if they hold such high moral responsibility?

We coming back to full circle, if bwf gonna dish out punishment, bwf should punish them all. Being volunteers dont exempt them from misconduct even if it's moral code. Volunteers have been removed or disciplined for misconduct before outside badminton.

3. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

You still don't understand.
    What people will judge upon is the integrity of the game, not the looks.
    The fact there are measures to counterattack and punish drug use in cycling is all the more beneficial for the sport, even more for the Olympics.
    What do you think would be the equivalent judging made by the BWF MIRT on cycling ?
    Just a hypothesis: minimize drug use, not punish the cyclist, punish the organizers for not making necessary precautions to prevent cyclist using drugs. Don't you find this ridiculours?
    You want more analogies? What about maligned violent behaviors in Ice Hockey (not talking about fights) ? What would the BWF do? Not blame the player for his misconduct, but the referee ? Do you remember the Bertuzzi case ? Or one of the first expulsion ? Maybe you need a refresher on what to do in these cases:

And you are making extreme statements when you surmise I'd fine all the jaywalkers. No I'd only fine the jaywalkers with violent behaviors.

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    No but I doubt they sign an agreement prior to working as a linejudge that sets out their responsibilities and the punishments for this (probably it is just exclusion). Like you said the legal clout of WBF wouldn't want to waste time doing so.

Anyhow I think we will have to disagree on this. The reaction IMO should still be punished, the provocation should be dealt with, but WBF have stated they are doing so.

My real problem with WBF is that they seem to be saying what LD/LM did was fine, it was the LJ's fault. IMO this is not the case.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Your examples don't support your argument but rather it actually reinforces mine. Since there are many many cases from tennis, hockey, basketball, football where huge penalities were levied against the violators, how come brawl, fights and other obvious infraction are still common in those sports, and not in badminton? Have drug use subsided in cycling or in other known drug taking sports?

#65 cooler, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  6. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

Wow. You really have a knack for seeing things the way you'd like them to see.
    Are you saying it is OKAY to have fights in badminton or have an agressive behavior in badminton?
    Are you saying is was okay for Bertuzzi to hit the other guy on the head? Because if it is okay for you, it was a big NO NO for the NHL.
    Even Hockey which is known for its violence has sets its limit.
    It's not because the other sports tolerate such behavior that badminton should.
    You want to see a sport that absolutely does not tolerate that kind of manner? Golf. Pro golfers are true gentleman, and won't get their feelings get a hold of them. Because if they do, they will get a very taxing punishment.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

obviously u haven't read or considered my previous posts. I rather not repeat myself on my position. Bottom line is, ~72% dont see it as bwf. Like most polls, majority joe public is often...wrong or doesnt see the big picture enough to make a proper judgement. Look US election of bush, look at decision to go to war in iraq, look at tannepak's post about amercian view on chinese goods, etc etc

#67 cooler, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

No punishment for LD after incidance inKO 08

BWF have annouced that they would not punish LD for his rough action in court during KO final againts LHI....

Please comment.....:p

9. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

I'm surprised LM was not punished. :)

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Accept and respect BWF decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.