Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Great to hear that. I'm currently a little torn between staying with my not-quite-as-head-heavy, medium stiff rackets and going back to the N90 :D It's just a different racket from everything else I've played so far...somehow, the insane head weight is not slowing it down as much as I would imagine. Perhaps I only grip it a little higher instinctively, but when I used it in doubles a while back it was a magical session, hard smashes from the back and super feeling at the net. Gripping it high enough is essential for kills though, otherwise you're likely to hit the net off the support :D

But....how 'average' are you really? Going to the gym several times a week is not exactly average :p

2. varisz

varisz Regular Member

Hustler
    By average i mean an average 18 year old dude, but in terms of playing I am a little bit above the average. I started playing at age 12, played for 3 years, won most of the tournaments that i entered and when I was about 15 someone from the national team approached me and asked if i would be interested to come down for a few national team sessions, as i did, but a few months after that I had to move to UK due to bad economy in Latvia (thats where i am originaly from). So when i moved to uk i sort of stopped playing badminton and started doing downhill mountain biking which went pretty well, but that's a different story. So about 5 months ago I started playing badminton again (was supposed to be a winter training for cycling) and it turned out that I fell in love with badminton again. So i swithed from cycling to badminton now. I have still got some hard work to do before I get back to where I was, but it's coming along quite well, i am going to play a tournament pretty soon , see how it goes.
    You might be right about the gym thing, gym for 3 hours every day is average for me now( lots of hard work as i mentioned). but i think the n90 would be super sweet for someone not so experienced, it definitely takes some time to get used to it if you aren't used to head heavy rackets but man, for me, this is the racket i wont ever destroy, even if i loose and play very bad, this is the baby i want to be with me for the rest of my life, its magical haha.

i would definitely recommend n90 for aggressive players that are willing to train their wrist, arms in order to get the max out of this beast.
    btw, i've got my grip like lin dan and it still didn't slow me down in doubles haha. But then again, I have had my grips like that since the day 1, to stop my hand moving up and get the most power out of the smashes.
    Sorry for the long post brother, at least i hope it was interesting story to read haha.
    safe man :)

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Interesting story! And as I thought - your physical condition doesn't really seem to be average :D I mean I'm already training pretty hard, but for me that's 3-4runs a week and 3-4 sessions of badminton, plus some pushups/pullups at home or a bit of gymwork when the halls are closed for some reason.

Funny you have your grip like that - I have it on several rackets as well. I don't know, some just seem to be working better that way, some I prefer with 'normal' grip.....I may be a bit weird in that regard, but so far, it works^^

I also agree with the statement about the N90. Really not as demanding as one would imagine, and the head heavy balance can be quite helpful for intermediates to get a smooth swing motion (at least I think it helped me). It can be used with very different skill levels as it's good with almost any string/tension (although it's really a tad better from 25 up).

For beginners, the N70 is a better choice though. Clears are incredibly easy, and even though it's not the quickest around the net it's a great all-around racket. It's also the only racket I can play at absolutely any tension (although I hate anything below 25) - with stiff rackets, soft strings just seem weird as you don't flex the racket at all most of the time, but the string bed is pushed back quite a bit. The N70 is soft enough to get flexed easily on clears/smashes, and thus feels more 'in tune' with softer strings, but somehow I still like it with 31lbs where other soft rackets are just weird and powerless.
    Well, let's see how the ZForce compares to the N90 - can't wait to compare those powerhouses. The test rackets are taking ages though. :/

4. ikcud

ikcud Regular Member

student
    It's been awhile =]. just wondering if anyone tried out the new n50 s2(2) range yet? My good old n50 gave up it's arc the other day... Just wondering if it's a good to upgrade to the newer technology or stick with another n50 s1

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Okay, need some help deciphering the N-Series range coz I'm loosely thinking about trying one, finally.

Me - Big and Slow white guy, I've been told I'm better at the front court but I'm comfortable anywhere - except during flat drive exchanges because everything comes at my chest level which is everyone elses crouched overheads, haha! :rolleyes::) Play 95% doubles. My advantages are my reach, and because of my height, my angles and overhead blocks.

Because I'm surprisingly not super fast (haha) nor as strong as I look, I tend to prefer rackets with a bit of weight in the head that also have good speed. Not a hammer, and not a feather, basically. Current go-to racket are the Kason C7 and MX60.

What I'm looking for is something like the C7 but more stable, and slightly stiffer. So, Medium+ to Stiff, stiffness, and a net BP (strung with one overgrip) of around 305.

What should I be looking at??

#1745 Maklike Tier, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  6. bartwuster

bartwuster Regular Member

N90ii FTW Maklike, I'm using one.. :)

7. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    N55II, N50I or II
    N70 should be almost identical to your'e C7

8. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    N90? Sounds horribly stiff and heavy :)

Didn't like the N55, how does the N55II differ? Same withe the N70II, which is better looking than the original.

#1748 Maklike Tier, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  9. ammil89

ammil89 Regular Member

Between Jobs
    hi im new with li-ning racket, get bored with yonex and not too intrigued with the victor high-end series, but i do own kason twister F9, been thinking of any li-ning racket which is a lil bit stiffer and also a lil bit HH than twister F9 to choose can any1 help me ? thanx

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I found the N55-II quite enjoyable, smaller head than the first gen, and a very popular choice in the Chinese MD squad. Stiffer than the N70 (which should be almost exactly like your C7), and not quite as head heavy. Still a very comfortable racket to use, enough weight to make everything overhead easy, yet not enough to make defense and drives a chore.
    Would've been my next go-to if I didn't get such a great deal on the BS09, which I already know to be a very good match for me^^

The N90II is a whole world lighter than the N90, but kinda stiff, so I'm not too sure how much you'd enjoy it. I like mine, but with the current setup it's only usable for very controlled doubles (turns out 31lbs on my new motor are as tight as 33 on the old one...so my smash is very girly with it). Still a lot easier to use than the BS10 (not to mention the MX80 :D).

11. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    woah, from the post i read from this topic. Most of you guys are using the N-series. Must be really good. But I'm just an average player and new to Li-ning rackets, I bought the BP 770. I wonder if any of you guys did try rackets that aint from the N series haha

12. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    Well no offense, but if your looking on the li ning rackets fan club, most of us are going to be using the n-series, probably simply because they seem to be the most simple in terms of understanding its different style. (li ning aren't as clear as say yonex about the specification of each of the "minor" rackets)

13. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Well, that shouldn't be the reason to pay the huge price difference.
    The easy answer to this is: The worldbest players are using the N-series, so we do too. It's simple, maybe stupid, but human :)

By the way: N55 is somewhat of easy to play with it. Especially with plastic shuttles.
    It also performs well with feather shuttles. It's absolutely less tiring than other stiffer rackets.

14. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    hmm if it is like that ... i think i should get n33-ii as my next racket :rolleyes:

15. bartwuster

bartwuster Regular Member

I second Accordaz recommendation on N55; used to own it before, quite easy to play with, and also easy to tap power from especially on smashing.Currently I'm using N90ii, and if you got the chance, you should try it adrian88.. :)

16. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    yeah will consider it :p, many good reviews on the n90 racket! (cant wait to get my hands on it) I did tried my friend's yonex v80, i couldnt smash with it well lol, my arm strength aint that good yet. More training for me!

17. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Please notice that there's a N90 and a N90-II.

Lin Dan and many members here are using the N90.
    The N90-II is less popular. But maybe it suits better, for you?

Just for your information ;-)

But you may wanna ask yourself: Do you need it really?
    Maybe you wanna wait a little bit and get used to your actual racket.

If you're level is (lower) intermediate, then I would recommend a more even balanced racket since N90 is head heavy.

#1757 Accordaz, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  18. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    yeah, dont really need it yet since i just bought the bp 770 :). I played badminton since i was young but currently started playing seriously since end of last year. Maybe i will get the n-90 version 3 if it does come out

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you couldn't handle the VT80 due to a lack of strength, the N90 is absolutely the wrong racket for you as it is heavier/head heavier than the VT. The VT ZF comes close, but is not as heavy and is quicker on overhead swings because of the smaller head. It's actually slightly head heavier than the N90, but the extra grams of the N90 make a bigger difference.

The N55 and N55-II are both great rackets, and just like the N70, useable for a wide range of players. Intermediates will have no problems as all 3 aren't stiff, but with a suitable string very advanced players will be able to play with them without losing control (although the N70 might be a bit soft for some of the more picky players^^).
    The 'lower' range of Li Ning rackets is way too big and not available everywhere. There is no real system to group them together like the ranges Yonex and Victor have (Armortec/Voltric=head heavy, Bravesword=balanced and quick,......), and that some rackets are available with different stiffness (A,B,C) doesn't help either.

20. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    yeah, agree with you JACKIE, most of the players here must have good arm/wrist strengh to handle n90 that is heavier that vt80/vt ZF. Thats why i am considering to train my arm strength before getting the n90 series. Btw, is the n90(hard) stiffness is as STIFF as the VT ZF(very stiff)?