Victor SH9000ACE

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wuldup, Jan 1, 2012.

1. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    Victor SH9000 Ace vs. SH8000/8600/8500...

Haven't played in them yet, but some quick observations:

1. 11 grams lighter than SH8500 (for US 8/Eur 40.5)
    2. The sole stack height is very obviously lower - the foot is much closer to the ground now.
    3. The inner heal fabric is now a thinner high-grip fabric, similar to that found on high-end cycling race shoes - presumably to prevent ankle slip.
    4. The mid-sole material is softer.
    5. The upper material is less bulky in thickness.
    6. The same wide fit is still there.
    7. The heal-cup area is less rigid.

And finally, the materials and built quality seem to a step up from previous models.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

2. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

As always the pictures from you are exquisite. Now I'm having trouble choosing between this and the 800 U

3. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

well done bro ! ..... i got the yellow ones from Chris myself. :D

I agree with you, the quality and materials are definitely impressive.

4. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive
    My yellow ones ...... sorry if my pics aren't as inspiring as bro Tpcml's ....... (lousy point-and-shoot digicam) :eek:

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

5. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Hey, you guys forgot the price. How much exactly ? :rolleyes:

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    yeah, i am wondering as well.. It should be around Rm.400 or SGD 150, correct?

Which one do you guys think more worth it, buying Victor SH9000Ace or SHB 65FT ?

#26 Licin, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  7. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

It's around there ..... :)

Although it may seem a bit pricey, but the quality and construction of the shoes is very good.
    I havent't tried it for games yet ..... but by just wearing the shoes and walking around, it feels light, snug and comfortable.

Ahhhh bro ..... this one, i cannot help you to decide. :(

I was faced with the same dilemma when i was looking at both shoes (both are available at E-Link Sports). :eek:

But i bit the bullet and went with the Victor's because :

- I've always wanted to try a pair of Victor shoes, but the previous designs and models didn't really appeal to me ..... till now.
    - Generally, Victor shoes have always had good reviews.
    - It was slightly cheaper than the JP SHB 65FT (but not by much).
    - To me, the design and outlook of the shoe is much better looking than the Yonex.

8. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    The SH9000represent a pretty major shift in performance and performance principles forVictor’s top model – despite the cosmetic similarities to outgoing model.
    The 8000 familycan be characterized by their heavy, plush and thickly-padded uppers and supershock absorbent sole. This is not the case with the new SH9000 model.

Sole

Substantiallylower/thinner than the 8000 models – both at the forefoot and heal. This lendsto a very connected and direct feel with the ground. No more sponginess andthat hint of instability. This coupleswith its first-rate grip (almost as good a Mizuno Wave Fang XT – which Iconsider the very best), it seems to allow for quicker movement and fasterpush-off.
    Uppers

A little thinner and overall, a little bit stiffer. No big change, other that theinner heal material has been replaced by a crystalized finished fabric which, Iguess, is supposed to prevent the heal lifting away from the shoe. I didn’tnotice any real change in play. Also, the tongue has lost its lace-loop. Abit irritating…
    Lateral Support and Stability

For lateralsupport, the front side talons are gone, now replaced with a brace tek bar that runs fromthe bottom sole to the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] lacing hole. It works great, without any pinching orpainful hot spots. The foot feels solidly planted when moving side-to-side. Therear brace unit is not as rigid as with the previous model. The rear unit is longer and hasbeen positioned slightly forwards – this adds more support to the mid-footregion, at the cost of offering less lateral support to the ankle region.
    Shock Absorbency

The midsolematerial is softer and the TRINECTIC unit under the heel is very effective –almost gel like. However, there is not getting away from the overall thinnersole. Cushioning is not as good as the older model.
    Overall
    I likethem a lot. They are still ultra wide and comfy, so suit me fine. The overblown plushness has beenreplaced by a lighter, faster and firmer feel. They are still very comfort-oriented,but now offer more in the agility department. I like this. The build quality is nicer and the gripis still excellent.
    Negatives: price increase over the oldermodel, slight drop in ankle support and slightly reduced overall cushioning.

Postives: faster, more overall stability, lighter, and still offer great protection and comfort.

A greatshoe for anyone looking for a balance of very good protection, coupled with atouch more speed. Subjectively, it is a shoe that is 55% protection, 45% speed(the old model 80% protection, 20% speed)… hope that makes sense. Go for it!

9. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    The SH9000 represent a pretty major shift in performance and performance principles for Victor’s top model – despite the cosmetic similarities to outgoing model.

The 8000 family can be characterized by their heavy, plush and thickly-padded uppers and supershock absorbent sole. This is not the case with the new SH9000 model.

Sole

Substantially lower/thinner than the 8000 models – both at the forefoot and heal. This lends to a very connected and direct feel with the ground. No more sponginess and that hint of instability. This coupled with its first-rate grip (almost as good a Mizuno Wave Fang XT – which I consider the very best), it seems to allow for quicker movement and faster push-off.

Uppers

A little thinner and overall, a little bit stiffer. No big change, other that the inner heal material has been replaced by a crystalized finished fabric which, I guess, is supposed to prevent the heal lifting away from the shoe. I didn’t notice any real change in play. Also, the tongue has lost its lace-loop. A bit irritating…

Lateral Support and Stability

For lateral support, the front side talons are gone, now replaced with a brace tek bar that runs from the bottom sole to the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] lacing hole. It works great, without any pinching or painful hot spots. The foot feels solidly planted when moving side-to-side. The rear brace unit is not as rigid as with the previous model. The rear unit is longer and has been positioned slightly forwards – this adds more support to the mid-footregion, at the cost of offering less lateral support to the ankle region.

Shock Absorbency

The midsole material is softer and the TRINECTIC unit under the heel is very effective – almost gel like. However, there is not getting away from the overall thinner sole. Cushioning is not as good as the older model.

Overall

I like them a lot. They are still ultra wide and comfy, so suit me fine. The overblown plushness has been replaced by a lighter, faster and firmer feel. They are still very comfort-oriented, but now offer more in the agility department. I like this. The build quality is nicer and the grip is still excellent.

Negatives: price increase over the older model, slight drop in ankle support and slightly reduced overall cushioning.

Postives: faster, more overall stability, lighter, and still offer great protection and comfort.

A great shoe for anyone looking for a balance of very good protection, coupled with atouch more speed. Subjectively, it is a shoe that is 55% protection, 45% speed (the old model 80% protection, 20% speed)… hope that makes sense. Go for it!

10. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    does anyone know how this compares with the popular Yonex SHB101 or SHB102?

feedback appreciated :)

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for your feedback.
    I am also in the middle of deciding which one to buy, however i am more towards YY, although i will look for this victor in a 2nd hand market for back up, since i like the yellow color so much.

Anyway, have fun with your new shoes, keep us posted about any updates.:)

12. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

No problem .... you're most welcome.... :)

13. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Great review tpcml
    The yellow ones will definitely be my next shoe :) Glad this will match my bag/apparel!

14. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    Thanks.

Yes, they are great shoes. Grippy yet enough cushioning to protect my sore knees.

15. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Quick question, you have plantar fasciitis (flat feet) aswell? If yes, do you have custom orthotics that you slip them in? Does it benefit even more stability/cushioning wise?

16. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    Not sure - never tried custom insoles in any shoe before.

17. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

Agreed ..... :)

Had my first session with them yesterday .... and i was impressed !
    The shoes felt snug, well-cushioned, but light at the same time.
    Grip was excellent .... and my fat feet didn't hurt or feel sore, even after a 3 hour session. :D

Overall a good pair of shoes .... both in looks and function. :)

18. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

The TRINITEC system looks very similar with the Nike Shox lol...possible trademark infringement? Just my observation...

19. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

The low cut shoes in the market cannot fit in flat foot insoles. Fitting them in by force is more likely get a sprained ankle instead as these shoes cannot provide ample support and stability when the insoles raised the level where your feet contacts the soles of the shoes. A mid cut may be able to fit in, one of them is Yonex SHD - 102 MD

20. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

What's the price ler?