Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    just finished watching Koo/Tan performance in CBSL 2012..
    just this part of video you can see how not serious Koo is...
    Tan is really pissed off....judge yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2M1b58s4Eo

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

actually this should what they suppose to play against any korea pairs but noooooo....

3. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Koo will always be Koo....Tan just have to settle with his attitude on court since he doesnt want to be split either.

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    have to agree on this, Tan if dont like can split... but if wanna keep relationship must sacrifive...

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

TBH doesnt want to be split because of $$? In the end its all about $$ for both of them. They worked hard for Olympic because of $$, but they aren't good enough. So after Olympics, continue playing as long as BAM allow them to and don't put down a firm foot, continue earning $$ and sucking off from their 2006-2007 wins, since they also did well in 2010, there will be many sponsors who still have faith in them, and they are way more famous than Hafiz... after all they ain't Hafiz Hashim who is a one-shot wonder, they are still among the top ten and people still want to sponsor..

6. SibugiChai

YAB
    to be fair, badminton is a Job for them not pleasure nor glory. They know nothing apart from badminton. Badminton is their livelihood, if their salary cut into half, who gonna pay their sport car? alcohol... etc...

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yup.. Its got to do with their mentality also.. I see this kind of mentality are very rare especially in china or korea. Not to say don't have. But very rare.

8. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

??? Where is the pride and honour to represent the country and also the glory for winning?

I guess the landscape has changed so much since the old days when it is a true honour just to wear the country's jersey. Malaysia had so many great players in the past......and i dont think they earned much winning those trophies.

Maybe a good modern day example is our squash queen, nicol david. and LCW too. Nicol has been world no.1 for years, and probably has loads of sponsorship, but that hasn't dimmed her determination to keep being no.1.

Only KKK and TBH know what they play for...and only they themselves will be able to get out of the "slump"/"plateau". They have proved in the past the ability to win titles, the wind may have changed since then, do they want to get back to the top or just be satisfied with where they are......i dont know.

9. SibugiChai

YAB
    Tan boon being and chin ES hui playing mixed doubles. I've seen them played in local event, they are very good but too bad, tan purposely walkover in semi citing back pain but I think it's because he lack stamina. If they put effort into this, can match world top10

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Was that the 1st or 2nd time they pair up? I remember one of the local tournament they won the XD title beating CPS/GLY

11. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Split them is the best way.A pair that even can't win at local chicken tournament, still put hope on them to win on international tournament? What kind of thinking is this? What was in head of BAM and their high-paid coaches?

12. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Ah, you see.. BAM has their own ulterior motives to do so. If they discard and split this pairing, the pair from the other house across the road (KLRC) will have a higher ranking pair than them. Can you imagine the country's badminton association don't have a ranking pair that is higher than a club? It's for face sake and namesake only. :D

13. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Splitting topic again! epic!

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    So, it's very easy for Ah Kiat and Ah Heong. Just make sure none of the BAM pairs overtake them in ranking.

15. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    For a pair once touted as the most dangerous and exhilarating play, they do possess the skill to be no.1 . The main factor is just how much they hunger for it, how much are they willing to focus and train on it. At the moment they are playing for the sake of playing and staying afloat just a few more years to survive. Not to be world no. 1. That just takes too much effort, and hence you have this scenario of neither here nor there. And it will be like this and it will continue to be so. Their dedication and commitment is no where near the vicinity of LCW's. Some BCers failed to see that what is lacking about this commitment is the very thing that raises the ire and irksome of badminton-dom (kingdom), and not the issue of splitting them up or letting them continue playing, which is secondary. But I do feel strongly that if in anyway, they are in the way of more worthy and talented potentials coming up, then it is just not right.

#1915 Pakito, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  16. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Hopefully no more splitting topics. Making me sick thinking why bother do something that doesn't bring any better? ( splitting and pair with youngster )

17. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Can you imagine, if even this pair, on a lesser note holds so much ground as a namesake pawn for BAM management to procure grounds to exist, what more and how much more will their legs shake with stress and nervousness when LCW hangs up his racket. BAM must be praying 10 times a day, thank heavens for LCW. Oops sorry, thank Morten Frost. :D

18. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Well to put this into 'wide angle' lens view, Tan can't play without him, and he can't play well with him. So this contradicting irony is tearing him up. :D

19. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Excerpt from The Star:

He partnered Chin Eei Hui but the duo showed a complete lack of understanding and lost the opening round match 13-21, 18-21 to Patiphat Chalardchaleam-Savitree Amitrapai of Thailand.
    “I guess I am not cut out for mixed doubles. I’d rather stick to the men’s doubles,” said Boon Heong, who won the Denmark Open with Kien Keat in 2009.

Maybe TKH should removed TBH/CEH from China SSP next month. Clearly he doesnt want to play in XD. What a waste, no motivation kind of guy...

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

the association wants him to play..he played and lost coz his heart do not want....
    totally waste