Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Both are medium feel. But zm65 will last longer with plastics.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hey guys, :)

In a few days I will be a stringer. ;) Firstly I will only string my own rackets. But if I will string for some club mates I need a different string. 99% want a durable string and don't care much about performance. I can get the Zymax line at a decent price. 99% of them use Bg65. I want to offer the Zymax 67 or 70. I have only limited experiences with the 67 (3 years ago) and none with the 70. I want a string which don't snap much faster than the BG65 but performs better. What should I choose?

3. visor

visor Regular Member

^ playing plastic or feather?

(I always ask this when recommending strings)

4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Feather. Nothing else. ;) 99% of them use 20-24lbs tension. Not more. A mate and I use tension beyond that, but most don't want more and are used to this lowish tension. So I would get for the mates a string which not must fit my liking but should not play like crap. Maximum a .70 but not thinner than .67 because some are really bad mishitter.

#1604 ucantseeme, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Then at those low tensions, you should try ZM62, 65, 67. But not 70... it's soooo dull and numb.

6. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

Maybe ZM65. I've only tried one of these 4, but I'm pretty sure that the 65 has a bit more durability than the 62 from what I've heard. Since his club members want more durability, even at expense of performance.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Since the string tensions are so low, there will be little loss in the durability factor in going to ZM65. A much better feeling string than ZM67.

8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Well, my dilemma is if I string with ZM65 some will break it faster than her BG65, they will say: "you are a bad stringer because it not lasted 9-12 months". If I choose a too think or numb string they will say:"your stringing job is rubbish, I have no feeling".
    I'm not the guy who break strings often but some people are cursed and break solid combinations in a few weeks.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

^ you'll have to be wise as to whom to recommend what...

for bg65 users who mishit lots, zm67

for bg65 users who're good and appreciate better touch and repulsion over durability, zm65

for you and your mate, you *must* try zm62 at least once! ;)

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

9-12 months! :eek: ... [FAINT]

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Good suggestions for ucantseeme.

12. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

Quite honestly, don't string for people who expect strings to last 9-12 months. Let them go to sport shops and pay nearly 3x the price of a quality stringer who does rackets for people at the club. Funnily enough some of the most annoying customers are the ones who do not even play at a decent level, but seem to have the most to say about quality of stringing and types of strings etc....

If you know that you do a good job, just let them know that and also the pro's and con's of the different strings you are offering. Tell them exactly what to expect by way of feel and also longevity of the strings.

I've done that with quite a few people at the club and have converted them to the ZM62.... even though longevity is not there, they keep coming back asking for the ZM62 after they have used it once... Its all about setting expectations and also letting them feel what a good set of strings are all about

13. visor

visor Regular Member

ZM62... a good drug to be addicted to. Keeps both the user and stringer happy... ;)

14. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I string with both those and like them both. That is also my go-to tension set-up.

No compromise, 66UM is the winner.

However, it does lose tension pretty fast, so if you don't like the idea of restringing every month (or less, or more...depends on you) then go ZM65.

Oh, and stop playing plastics. :)

15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I tried ZM62 because of you ;) and I will never look back. This one reason why I will buy a stringing machine.

Yes, these players care only about the money. Buying cheapest shuttles, cheapest shoes, cheapest rackets and cheapest string but buy a big brand new car every few years.

Yes, you are right. But if you are the only stringer at the club and offer at a decent price, people will come. I would like to skip some strange people but there is a pressure to do it.

ZM62 is IMO one of the best performing strings. Especially at 27/29 lbs.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Some people have different and weird priorities. :p

I've yet to break mine at 24-25 lb.

Hehe... at that tension, no wonder you need a stringing machine. You'll break a string every game. :p

#1616 visor, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  17. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Nah. My red ZM62 lasted nearly 10 hours of playing. Well, you evil demon recommended it to me to try.;)

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Having been in the exact same situation as you - don't try to force ppl into playing different strings, and don't go with Zm65 as replacement for the Bg65. Having tried my best, I still absolutely hate the Zm67, so I wouldn't recommend you going with that either.
    My personal recommendation is to get the Bg65, and maybe suggest trying a different string or tension to those few ppl who are open to such things and are on a level where they might benefit from it (i.e. Bezirksliga/Verbandsklasse or higher). For the others, a decent 22-24lbs Bg65 is enough, and personally I would recommend it over the Zm67 or 70 (70 is more brittle, so it doesn't have a durability advantage while not really being much better in any regard imop).

19. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Well, it's also a financial aspect. Don't want to get rich, but it's a thin line between good performance and durability. Most of our clubmember never tried something different than B65, crappy Pacific and factory string. So they aren't gourmets. I don't want to run a big business with hundreds stringing jobs a month and offer various strings. Just a few stringing jobs a week. I was thinking of NBG99 which is really decent and only slightly more expensive compared to BG65. But most club members want only to spend 10€ for a job incl. strings. So I must look for something cheaper.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't worry, your clients won't be as picky as j4ckie. ;)

For those who use bg65 at 20-24 lbs esp without prestretch, zm67 and zm65 will be significant improvements already.