Tan Kim Her might return to Msia??

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by eaglehelang, Jan 14, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

They're still around, if you mean those from recent years, only Hoon/TBH were WJC. The 2008 ones, still green, also the coaches changed their partners. The 2009 one, not yet start.;)KKK was AJC.
    Similar case with Korea, only LYD really made it. Lee Jae Jin/Hwang were AJC though.

#61 eaglehelang, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Just like mas's football association? FAM?:p

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    All these news are not good for MAS Badminton

The NSC director Datuk Zolkples Embong confirmed not knowing or referred to about the appointment of Tan Kim Her (Post #29):
    http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_Ne...cle/index_html

Then, National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky confirmed that he also did not know anything about the appointment; "I have no answer on the role of Kim Her because I do not know about it myself":
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/1/7/sports/5423975&sec=sports

And now, National singles chief coach Rashid Sidek said there was no request for a doubles coach, but a pressing need for a singles coach to assist Hendrawan:
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/1/7/sports/5424906&sec=sports

All these news are not good for MAS Badminton. :(:(:(

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, indeed not good for badminton development in Mas........total break down of communication within a team.............:(:(:(

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Seriously, poor TKH.....if I were TKH, i will feel not welcome by Mas......better joint KLRC...

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    That's what I said earlier....

10. eaglehelang

Errr, if he can join KLRC, they already have Cheah SK there.And a lot of KLRC doubles players have left/retired.

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

he can pair up with CSK there!:D

12. eaglehelang

I heard KLRC no more as training center in Msia, they just sponsor players(someone pls confirm?).
    That means no more coaching team I think - so TKH cannot go KLRC also. Maybe that's why CSK was working on a baddy academy with someone.

#72 eaglehelang, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    BAM will now hold a meeting to review the MAS Doubles coaching set-up

BAM will now hold a meeting to review the MAS Doubles coaching set-up.
    Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/1/8/sports/5431281&sec=sports

A meeting will be held soon to clearly define the role of Tan Kim Her as a coach in the men’s doubles department of the national set-up.

This was the assurance given by the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president, Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, yesterday.

The BAM hired the former national doubles shuttler recently to add depth to their coaching set-up.

Unfortunately, doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky and his team were not told about the decision to bring Kim Her into the BAM fold but generally, they welcome his return to the national team.

The better way to have done it was to inform Rexy and his team to enable them to make the necessary changes to the delegation of work among them before the start of the year.

Nadzmi said that the BAM were proud to bring back Kim Her to their stable after he has had the experience in coaching South Korean and English national doubles shutttlers for the last five years.

“It has always been our plan to bring back Kim Her to Malaysia. And when the opportunity was there, we jumped right into it,” he said.

“Sometimes, there is no need to consult everyone in making a decision. This decision was taken at a different level of management.

“At the end of the day, the BAM are still responsible in ensuring quality in the programme for both the singles and doubles departments.

“We (the coaching and training committee) believed that there was a need for a change in the men’s doubles department to make it even more solid. And we believe that Kim Her’s presence is in accordance with our plan.”

Nadzmi, who is also the coaching and training committee chairman, said that he would hold a meeting soon to review the doubles coaching set-up.

“The chief coaches will be present at this meeting and we will look into how best we can make use of all the resources that we have,” he said.

The doubles coaches under Rexy’s jurisdiction are Rosman Razak (elite men), Pang Cheh Chang (men’s back-up), Chang Kim Wai (women’s doubles) and Jeremy Gan (mixed doubles).

#73 chris-ccc, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Meeting should be held first before hiring is done

I just got back from Perth where my company conducted our 2010 kick off meeting. For over two days, we discussed about the organization's business plans, goals, budget, initiatives etc etc for the year.

And one of the agenda was headcount for Malaysia. In 2009, our Malaysian office requested for approval for two additional headcount. Unlike BAM, we did not hire first and then conduct a meeting. We dont do things on a ad hoc basis, we planned for it first. We dont hire first and then do some fire fighting. Anyway, we got the approval from Melbourne for the 2 additional headcount but there is a condition, we need to deliver our promises to the shareholders. In summary, we need to make more $$.

I got nothing against Tan Kim Her. Infact, I know his brother who operates the pro shop in Subang, selling Protech stuff. Decent fella, the brother. To hire TKH even before consulting with Rexy is unprofessional to say the least. But this being BAM, I guess this sort of thing is pretty normal.

The million dollar question is ... do we need TKH? Bearing in mind, BAM intend to operate within a certain budget this year, thus do we need the additional headcount in TKH? Is it nescessary to hire TKH or hiring TKH is something nice to do?

We have Rexy as our head doubles coach. Why make the man the head coach when we dont consult him? Plus under Rexy, we have a host of doubles coaches, do we need another one?

Its time BAM operates like a business. There must be stewardship. If not, we will always be throwing away good money for poor results and wishy washy set up.

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    BAM just want to lock up Tan Kim Her. When the opportunity shows up.. they will seize it right away. We have a decent coaching setup for Doubles already... what we lack is more in the Singles Department. This is also needed to at least get some winning points for Future Thomas Cup outing.. 2010.. might be a little hard. What if LCW get injured?

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    so that is the correct word?:eek:
    anyway
    tkh had done his best in both korea and england
    those who keep tracking will know his achievement;)
    its a big waste to let him go at the 1st place

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Kim Her did in fact want to come home. He misses home already. So it would be better if he is in BAM rather than somewhere else.

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

We dont have a bottomless pit

Its high time BAM operates within budget because public funds are not to be taken like some free pass. Operate within the budget given and deliver on its promises. Thats the way forward. No more 'boria' like set up.

We dont need TKH because we got Rexy & co. We cannot just go about hiring or taking in everyone and his pet dog.

And taking in TKH without getting Rexy's input is a mistake.

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Bro,

I believe there are a lot of Malaysians out there who would love to come home ... but the reality is that we cannot take in everyone.

In Perth, I went to a nice chinese restaurant yesterday for lunch and I met a Malaysian couple working there. We chatted a bit. They have been away from home for 15 years. They too missed home, their relatives, food, etc etc.

Question is with Rexy and co, do we need a TKH?

20. eaglehelang

Haha, they tried to get TKH back in 2006, didnt happen, so TKH went England.
    BAM also need the get the salary issue solved, as you know,it wouldnt be from NSC. ;);)