Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    So far any best string for sw35?

2. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    the one you like

3. blableblibloblu

student
    Are there differences in paintjobs with different generations of the sw35?

I've seen someone at my club the other day and his didn't have 'square head shape' written on the top of the frame.
    Also, on the bottom right part of the racquet head, it was written 'aerodynamic' on both sides instead of once on one side and 'super waves' on the other

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I would recommend NBG 98 over BG66UM and BG80. Very powerful combination.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i've been looking in both Asia and US market for Victor and i haven't seen any other legit paintjobs. maybe the "square head shape" print was just completely chipped off? or do they do it the other way around where they put the sticker of those words on the racket frame first, then spray paint the racket to finish the paint job in which then you have no way of scraping the lettering off unless you peel the paint job off as well?

6. gundamzaku

working professional
    nbg99 or bg80/bg80power for power strings. if you like a bit of everything, vs850 is the ultimate way to go! but i am completely and utterly biased when talking about vs850 because it just suits my way of playing better than any other string. however, i do try my best to be objective when i'm doing a comparison :)

7. blableblibloblu

student
    no his racquet was almost new

ill try to get him to take a picture of it and post it here

8. gundamzaku

working professional
    i bought my racket from racket supply in cupertino. from what i've heard through the grapevine, they've been shady about their yonex products, so whenever i purchase something from them i'm very skeptical even tho i've never heard anything bad about their victor product. i am not going to jump the gun and say your friend's got a fake because i might be playing with a fake. fortunately for me, i've checked via various places and have asked different badminton clubs that has a pro shop within and they all say my racket's legit. so i'm guess it could just be that they "forgot" that tiny little part during production since some assembly of rackets still requires heavy human labor? i'm also going to go check my racket and see if the sticker is stuck before or after the paint job. :)

9. blableblibloblu

student
    Well here's whats different:
    -the red paint on the top half part is darker (compared to my 3 sw35)
    -fonts arent the same
    -victor logo on the tjoint seems smaller
    -says aerodynamic instead of super waves on the bottom right part of the head
    -theres no white square/rectangle behind the bka logo on the cone

But the thing is that it seems just as stiff, has the same headshape/racket length as well as grommet holes being precisely at the same spots

I'll just try to get a hold of a picture and post it here shortly

10. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I have seen some variations in paint jobs among Victor rackets like you've described. For example, the newer SW30 also says aerodynamic at 5 o'clock on the head. I've also seen different shades of red between differently coded, but both legit, BS11's. I've also seen some Victor rackets that have the BKA logo on one country code and don't have it on the other country code.

It might have to do with the factory in which each racket is produced, and I do think they occasionally change the paintjob over time - the best example of this being the first gen Braveswords saying 'Brave Sword' whereas the newer ones saying merely 'Sword.' However, they're not going to advertise a new edition of a racket when all they did is change some paint decal, so you wouldn't really know that they've changed it. If you're buying from a trustworthy store then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

11. gundamzaku

working professional
    not sure about your friend's racket, but at least you and i have the same racket with the same paint scheme, so we're good. :)

12. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Late to the show but I completely agree, SW35 is simply amazing :D I wasn't used to the head heaviness at first but once I got used to it then I got awesome power out of it. I love doing net/drop shots and they aren't a problem either. Although like other head heavy racquets the defense might be a bit slower, but it hasn't troubled me so far.

My brother and I actually like it so much it's now our main racquet after trying quite a few different ones...and the first racquet that we've bought more than one. But I heard from one supplier that SW35 is going to be discontinued shortly...so is there anywhere left in Europe to buy these beauties?

13. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    thinking to get one of this.

i play only md. for me, at700 is 'over limit' in term of head heaviness. at900s r the limit.

stiffness wise, i can 'do' with bs10 and ns9900 albeit a bit 'sore' on shoulder but manageable.

any opinion?

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Go for it :) :)

15. BlueTornado

This won't be as head heavy as at700 so you're okay there, but this is definitely stiffer than the BS10. Maybe doable, but watch the shoulder.

16. gundamzaku

working professional
    i am very surprised to see many people are commenting that this racket is stiff because i play pretty well with it and i generally suck with stiff rackets....confused.

17. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Only Superwave 35 balance point can match z force.

18. BlueTornado

Perhaps there are other factors causing you to play better with it? I remember I played pretty well with it when I used it, but that didn't change the fact that it was still quite stiff.

19. betazone

betazone Regular Member

Just got mine 4U SW35 2 weeks back, tried for 2 sessions till date, great racquet has both power and speed, complement the 4U VT80 that I am using now very well. Lose out to VT80 in power just slightly, but much easier to manoueuvre for defence and net shots.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is with immense sadness to announce that, according to some of my sources, Victor Super Waves 35 will be discontinued next year.

i will be keeping my 2 copies of SW35 very close to me as they have been one of the "go to" racket that i seek whenever i look for the best attacking racket with a great touch and feel.

very sad day indeed.